Winter has arrived (3 Viewers)

mestell

Lieutenant Colonel
Not uncommon but still a little early, winter arrived here last night. This is what I woke up to this morning . . . about 2-3 inches of snow. This Thursday another 3-5 inches of snow is predicted . . . Happy Halloween :tongue:

:smile2: Mike

IMG_20191029_085925.jpg IMG_20191029_085943.jpg IMG_20191029_090549_1.jpg

That is brutal. I don't mind a little snow over the winter but not starting in October. At least you are not on fire, though, like California. The video footage from out there is like something from the end of times. If the power lines are causing those fires, I don't understand why they never suggest burying them. The wind is always going to blow. There would be a major cost and disruption but it has to be better than the status quo at the mercy of the wind and fire.

Meanwhile, we've had an Indian summer here in SE PA. Temperatures in the mid- to upper-60s during the day. I'm still wearing golf shirts and shorts to work. Only once has it dropped into the 30s overnight. It's supposed to become more seasonable next week.

I don't mind snow in October-we do get it sometimes. While I was in high school (class of 1982), it snowed on October 10 in my hometown, three years in a row. It was all gone the next day, of course, but it was there.

Prost!
Brad

Hate to sound like one-upmanship, but yesterday Colorado Springs got 8" and a bit further west Salida, CO. got 14".

Happy Halloween, kids! {sm4}

In California, our power has been shut off due to weather concerns and in Texas it is raining with a temperature of close to 35.

Golf shirt and shorts again today. It's overcast, though, and we're expecting heavy rains tonight into tomorrow.

Prost!
Brad

Freezing tonight in dallas,,another cold summer to winter in two weeks with an early start,,nary a warmiong climate change in sight

Rain now, freezing rain later over night and some snow by 7AM in Saint Louis. Or so they say.

We got a couple of inches this morning as well. More tonight they say. Where's that global warming? i'm cold now.:)

We've got 31 in San Antonio right now. 8 days ago it was 91. The 60 degree difference is almost impossible to comprehend.

This place is a land of extremes. Again, people wonder why real estate is so cheap here.

True to the forecast, we got another 5 inches of snow over night . . . . Still snowing as I type this post. Looks like Halloween Trick or Treat night might not be very busy. Roads are hazardous, especially at intersections . . . Lots of business cancellations being announced in the area. Needless to say I will not be setting up my annual Halloween display today. Bummer . . . .

:smile2: Mike

Our forecast high is 72, but now, the heavy rain is expected to arrive later. Polo shirt and shorts again today, probably for the last time this season. We're supposed to drop into the low 50s tomorrow and have more seasonable weather.

Prost!
Brad

Yesterday, despite the rain, it was warm. Hace calor! Today, different story: chilly (con carné!)

When I got home yesterday evening, it was colder inside my house than outside. It felt like 70, and that was after the sun had gone down. I opened windows and had them open till around 9PM, when the approaching storm made it necessary to close them.

Today, clear, windy, and 52, back where we should be for the beginning of November. The shorts get stowed till next spring.

Good weather for the East Coast show this Sunday, though. Cold, but sunny, no rain.

Prost!
Brad

Well fortunately for the kids the forecast of snow on Halloween in Saint Louis didn't work out. Unfortunately for them it was near freezing that night.

Winter certainly arrived in Toronto - about 3 weeks early. The temperature is going down to 9F tonight. I'm not psychologically prepared for the biting winds and deep freeze.

Terry

Users who are viewing this thread

Back