Winter Russians (2 Viewers)

Firebat

2nd Lieutenant
Love the look of those FL Russians

Chairman - The International Society of Battleground Artists - Visit us on Facebook

The more I see the Russians. The more I want to pick some up. But I am trying to stick to the German Stalingrad line. (for now! until I break down!)

The more I see the Russians. The more I want to pick some up. But I am trying to stick to the German Stalingrad line. (for now! until I break down!)

Breakdown.............. I had a meltdown...Started with Stalingrad Germans....Then ACW.....Then Nam........Then Russians......Now I cant believe I have my eye on The Crusaders and The American Revolution. Its neat stuff.

Great looking scene Alex. Those are some terrific looking figures and your set up brings them out nicely.

Great looking scene Alex. Those are some terrific looking figures and your set up brings them out nicely.

Thanks Duke !...FL figures really bring a scene to life. Alex

Lets add a little color.

Its funny. I didn't even notice the guy on the extreme right! Awesome! Brad

Alex...

With the change from BSP where you generally did quite large scenes have you kept the format or are you doing smaller scenes? What was the overall size of this one and, do you have any full size pics of it?
Cheers in advance
Mitch

Breakdown.............. I had a meltdown...Started with Stalingrad Germans....Then ACW.....Then Nam........Then Russians......Now I cant believe I have my eye on The Crusaders and The American Revolution. Its neat stuff.

Sounds like unconditional surrender to me. :)

In this context, Mitch's question becomes even more relevant: small scenes allow a sampling of many ranges - And for a diorama builder I would think also much more of a variety. I love your WWII diorama pieces, but they are so - destroyed. That is what appeals to me in the Napoleonic buildings as built and photographed by, for example, Lasalle and Guy: that the damage is not so absolute.

I also think that while Frank is becoming more "serene", "clean" and near abstract in his compositions, in my opinion, at least with BSP, you went into the opposite direction. Your photos were so loaded with information, it became in the end a "where is Waldo" game to, for example, find the severed leg/arm under the StuG. I like both styles and I am glad there is variety, but the picture you posted here in my opinion is one of your best. Thank you for that.

Sounds like unconditional surrender to me. :)

In this context, Mitch's question becomes even more relevant: small scenes allow a sampling of many ranges - And for a diorama builder I would think also much more of a variety. I love your WWII diorama pieces, but they are so - destroyed. That is what appeals to me in the Napoleonic buildings as built and photographed by, for example, Lasalle and Guy: that the damage is not so absolute.

I also think that while Frank is becoming more "serene", "clean" and near abstract in his compositions, in my opinion, at least with BSP, you went into the opposite direction. Your photos were so loaded with information, it became in the end a "where is Waldo" game to, for example, find the severed leg/arm under the StuG. I like both styles and I am glad there is variety, but the picture you posted here in my opinion is one of your best. Thank you for that.

First of all thanks for your many complements and critiques

BSP was dissolved due to creative differences. The building in this pic was done by my former partner who loved destruction.

I have recently formed The International Society of Battleground Artists which has a Forum, Website and Facebook page.

I have gathered some of the finest Battleground Artists in the hobby under one roof with a common purpose, which is to carry this hobby into a new dimension.

The orginization which was officially founded as of April 1st and is already doing what it was intended to do. We are basically learning from interaction of our membership and teaching this new art to others.

For me personally I am now just developing my own style after many years of compromising with a 2 man team.

If you look at the Bishop VS.The Baron in the JJD section, I think my new style is emerging there.

Assocoiating with the members of the orginization has given me much food for thought as I mold my new direction.

We invite all of you who want to challenge yourself to explore your skills to the fullest to join us.

We are NOT into discusing the merits or failures of different manufacturers, our purpose is to teach and learn. The work of our members that results does the talking, it becomes obvious what figures and AFV's meet the challenge of being presented in an upscale enviorment without saying a word.

Regards
Alex

Last edited:
Alex...

With the change from BSP where you generally did quite large scenes have you kept the format or are you doing smaller scenes? What was the overall size of this one and, do you have any full size pics of it?
Cheers in advance
Mitch

I answered many questions in my previous post.

To answer yours specificially. What you see here is it...... As far as where I am headed ...... I really don't know at this time. With BSP well behind me and now being closely associated with my fellow members of The International Society of Battleground Artists I am digesting their work. Now I can draw contrasts and more closely study their techniques, because it is all in one spot.

Frank has given some very informative photography lessons

Carlos has shared building construction techniques

Guy had discussed figure painting.

And many other skill building lessons by others . More members are joining and the data base of techniques will get larger.

What an incredible learning experience. I am excited to see where I emerge...

Alex

Last edited:
I am having fun with this FL stuff...I never thought it would fit with the K&C T-34..... but the size relationship actually worked......One more pic

CHAIRMAN - THE INTERNATIONAL SOCIETY OF BATTLEGROUND ARTISTS

Love the look of those FL Russians

Chairman - The International Society of Battleground Artists - Visit us on Facebook

Hi Firebat,

I like this picture, it looks like CCCP propaganda during WW2.

Faithfully
Valmy

Thanks men !

Hi Firebat,

I like the quality of your dios and pictures, it's really easy to work with :

The proof...

1242-1942.jpg

Translation : Whoever comes to us with the sword, will die by the sword !

Have a nice WE

Faithfully

Valmy

WOW....Well Done:smile2:

Valmy did that conversion to a poster, not me !

When I saw the K&C T-34 worked with FL I gave it a heavy overhaul to fit the "Texture" of the FL figures.

Since I have my new website and the International Society of Battlegrond Artists. We are all working on many aspects of developing and filming scenes. Then sharing the techniques with the membership.

I had studied some photography lessons Frank gave along with Guy's diorama techniques and painting lessons, in an attempt to reach new personal levels.

The cooperative studies are making the sky the limit. Oh I have some tricks of my own also. Alex

Users who are viewing this thread

Back