Worth the Wait (1 Viewer)

Buzz

Private 2
For years I've been waiting for additional Volkssturm and HJ figurines to build up a "Battle of Berlin" collection that includes more than SS. I'm not a collector of any old Nazi figurine (will never get Hitler, for example--no offense meant, just not my thing. Yeah, I realize it's a pretty fine distinction to be making)--and don't do Berlin '38, but it's impossible to capture Berlin '45 (or Rhineland '45 for you west-front fans) without some HJ and Volkssturm. Finally, Andy has done it. Bravo! I received my HJ today and they are absolutely brilliant. Eventually, there will be more Berlin-specific vehicles as well, but I'm patient (and need time to save $$). Here's a sample of these great new figures. Now I'm going to throw out some additional suggestions for 2015:
A couple more Russians, Volkssturm with MP45 Volksgewehr rifle. Vampir sniper. Strange stuff, I know, but oh... so cool.
HJ Berlin.JPG

For years I've been waiting for additional Volkssturm and HJ figurines to build up a "Battle of Berlin" collection that includes more than SS. I'm not a collector of any old Nazi figurine (will never get Hitler, for example--no offense meant, just not my thing. Yeah, I realize it's a pretty fine distinction to be making)--and don't do Berlin '38, but it's impossible to capture Berlin '45 (or Rhineland '45 for you west-front fans) without some HJ and Volkssturm. Finally, Andy has done it. Bravo! I received my HJ today and they are absolutely brilliant. Eventually, there will be more Berlin-specific vehicles as well, but I'm patient (and need time to save $$). Here's a sample of these great new figures. Now I'm going to throw out some additional suggestions for 2015:
A couple more Russians, Volkssturm with MP45 Volksgewehr rifle. Vampir sniper. Strange stuff, I know, but oh... so cool.
View attachment 70090

Congratulations Buzz, beautiful pieces!!!!!!Nice dio!!!
mario:smile2:

HI Buzz,

I am on the same frequency as you are with these figures. My Berlin Fall diorama has become a totally new thing with these new Volkstrum and SS figures. Congratulations on the display and the picture!{sm4}

Also, I have no objections to running smaller sets of figures. I can understand that there would be a lot of collectors who would be disinterested in Volkssturm. So, this way Andy can provide greater variety and keep his business going and while we may not be able to all wait forever to afford a whole bunch of different lines, those of us who really have some 'favorites' will still be able to count on variety. See the happy responses to the Napoleonic French line infantry. If smaller runs result in greater variety, I think it benefits the hobby.

View attachment 70090
Buzz, Looks great.I'm sure you agree the figures in this series are superb the way that they came out.

View attachment 70090

Dear "Buzz":

Very nice photo of a very nice display showing the end of Nazi Germany in April 1945.

"Iron Brigade"

Buzz
very nice set up
good combination of figurines and vehicles. Just like in 1945
guy:smile2:

Great display ! The fall of Berlin is a very interesting period to collect in and the new KC figs really add some new dio options.
mike

Excellent set up and pics. Looks a very nice display your building up their
Mitch

Users who are viewing this thread

Back