WWII 9th Armored Division Display (2 Viewers)

mestell

Lieutenant Colonel
I started working on this display yesterday. I am using a 24"x 36" poster frame for the base with the Hudson and Allen Normandy Barn and Barn Courtyard as added interest.

WB #25092, M3A1 Half-Track, 9th Armored Division, 27th Infantry Battalion, A Company, "Lucky 13" was delivered today. The 9th Armored Division Sherman Tank I ordered will be here tomorrow. I was surprised to find a Limited Edition certificate inside the box which said that this model was number 6 out of just 200 made. I didnt know this when I ordered it and feel fortunate that I was able to get one.

More photos to follow when the Sherman Tank arrives and as the display progresses with more detailing.

PXL_20240202_184402221_41kCqfpx9o.jpeg

PXL_20240202_184415534_4BhmBNEY3B.jpeg

PXL_20240202_184444489_h1Vfgy9P51.jpeg

PXL_20240202_184552111_JOXECBX50y.jpeg

PXL_20240202_184711849_qAbjSJia7I.jpeg

Looks like you have some nice scenics to work with for a great display. Looking forward to seeing it progress.
Awesome halftrack, should be getting mine in a day or two. I like that there is a driver included.

if a halt rack can be pretty, this one would be it. I love half-tracks, my most treasured one is a Figarti Quad..

Great looking setup, can’t wait to see your next installments

Looking good, Mike! The halftrack itself looks fantastic and glad it comes with a driver. I ordered the B company halftrack thinking it was coming around the same time, but apparently it’s coming later in 2024… Trying to see if I can change my order, but if there’s only 200 of the A company version available, I might have to wait a bit, lol.

Great start, Mike. It is a shame, Ken never did a gate to go with the farm courtyard.

Hey Mike, size wise, how does it stack-up with Figarti M3A1?

I wish I could answer your question but I've never collected Figarti sets so I have nothing to compare it to. Perhaps another collector can give you a comparison report.

Mike

Great looking setup, can’t wait to see your next installments

Thanks Mike. As soon as my Sherman Tank gets delivered I'll post some more photos

Looking good, Mike! The halftrack itself looks fantastic and glad it comes with a driver. I ordered the B company halftrack thinking it was coming around the same time, but apparently it’s coming later in 2024… Trying to see if I can change my order, but if there’s only 200 of the A company version available, I might have to wait a bit, lol.

Thank you Tristan. I was really surprised that this was one of only 200 made. From the promotional pictures it looks like the B Company Half-Track is identical except for the company designations and the mascot name on the doors.

if a halt rack can be pretty, this one would be it. I love half-tracks, my most treasured one is a Figarti Quad..

Always liked the style of the M3A1 and when I saw this announced it was a given that I was going to collect one. It's a beauty for sure.

Looks like you have some nice scenics to work with for a great display. Looking forward to seeing it progress.Awesome halftrack, should be getting mine in a day or two. I like that there is a driver included.

Thanks Ken. I was glad to see the driver included also. You'll have to let me know how you like yours when it arrives.

Great start, Mike. It is a shame, Ken never did a gate to go with the farm courtyard.

Thank you very much Andreas. I agree and often wonder why Ken didn't add a gate to this otherwise great scenic piece.

Nicely photographed Mike. {sm4}

THX Chris. I have to give all the photography credit to my Pixel 7 Pro android phone.

Cheers,

Thanks for the post, have not collected WB for years [except a few gloss History of the British Army]. The halftrack does look great, be interested to know on size comparason with the K & C Htrack and/or the size comparason with K & C figures, as they are the vast bulk of my US WW2 collection.

With all my interests ,pulling in so many directions, The Hellcat never , that would take precedence I never had one, if it will be the same price point, II might be squeeze a half-tracks in.

Cheers,

Thanks for the post, have not collected WB for years [except a few gloss History of the British Army]. The halftrack does look great, be interested to know on size comparason with the K & C Htrack and/or the size comparason with K & C figures, as they are the vast bulk of my US WW2 collection.

I'm not typically a WWII collector and do not have any K&C vehicles to compare this to. I would defer to other collectors for their opinion.

Mike

My Sherman Tank hasn't arrived yet. It was supposed to be delivered this past Friday. Here it is Tuesday and all I have received is a USPS notification that it will be delivered late . . . very frustrating. Yesterday I decided to start working on the display base. I removed the card stock backing from the 2-foot x 3-foot poster frame and replaced it with a 1/4-inch piece of masonite/hard board which I cut to fit. I also trimmed two Hudson and Allen HA2034 Stone Wall Sections to fit inside the frame at an angle to create the boundaries of a farm/country lane. These have been glued in place. I set the H&A Normandy Barn and Barn Courtyard in place with small dabs of silicone caulk in each corner. This will be sufficient to hold them in place, but will allow for easy removal if the need arises. Once the scenics are set I will be using Woodland Scenics Earth, Soil and Grass mixes, H&A ground debris products, as well as natural dirt and material I can gather from my yard to basically finish the groundwork.

Mike

PXL_20240206_160707693_PHpYJZ1t0C.jpeg

PXL_20240206_160857415_xtXuYaRB3U.jpeg

PXL_20240206_161042130_hk5A5Otd9I.jpeg

Nice angled cuts on those walls.

Considering that I am having cataract removal procedure next Wednesday and that my hands aren't as steady as they used to be, I actually was surprised how nicely they turned out.

Mike

Great start, I'm looking very forward to seeing your progress on this !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back