Yangtze River 1926 (2 Viewers)

Hi Guys,

Great to see Martyn's replica of Gordon's original 'Sand Pebbles' River Gunboat design especially with all those 'China Marines' going on board.

It brought back many happy memories of my late brother's work. Here are two more reminders...

Thanks again Martyn...

All the best and happy collecting!
Andy

20080918.jpg

USN01.jpg

Hi Guys,

Great to see Martyn's replica of Gordon's original 'Sand Pebbles' River Gunboat design especially with all those 'China Marines' going on board.

It brought back many happy memories of my late brother's work. Here are two more reminders...

Thanks again Martyn...

All the best and happy collecting!
Andy

View attachment 291625

View attachment 291626

Thanks for posting the pictures Andy:salute:: if it wasn't for Gordons great idea to create the USS SAN PUEBLO I wouldn't have my version

All the best

Martyn:)

The term China Marines, originally referred to the United States Marines of the 4th Marine Regiment, who were stationed in Shanghai, China from 1927 to 1941 to protect American citizens and their property in the Shanghai International Settlement, during the Chinese Revolution and the Second Sino-Japanese War. Those Marines stationed at the embassy in Peking and the consulate in Tientsin referred to themselves as North China Marines.
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

A "China Marines" detachment board the USS San Pueblo to move up river to Nanking.

That's awesome Martyn! I'm sure if MM Holman had all those China Marines with him at the mission the outcome would have been much different. "I was home. What happened, what the hell happened."

B.
:salute::

That's awesome Martyn! I'm sure if MM Holman had all those China Marines with him at the mission the outcome would have been much different. "I was home. What happened, what the hell happened."

B.
:salute::

Many thank mate :salute::

All the best

Open Air School - Shanghai 1926

Attachments

• SHANGHAI OUTDOOR SCHOOL a.jpg
    SHANGHAI OUTDOOR SCHOOL a.jpg
    441.7 KB · Views: 166
  • SHANGHAI OUTDOOR SCHOOL.jpg
    SHANGHAI OUTDOOR SCHOOL.jpg
    277.6 KB · Views: 166
What a wonderful scene Martyn, so different, but after all, you are the master of coming up with these little gems. Robin.

You're doing a good job bringing the sets to life Martyn, well done :salute::

Good to see you adding to your collection Martyn.

Brad

Thanks Brad:salute::

I got hooked on the SOOHK series after realising they went so well with the USMC and USN figures......and my USS SAN PUEBLO. I've managed to pick up a few more of the early SOOHK in the last couple of weeks to add to the 100+ I already have ^&grin

All the best

Thanks Brad:salute::

I got hooked on the SOOHK series after realising they went so well with the USMC and USN figures......and my USS SAN PUEBLO. I've managed to pick up a few more of the early SOOHK in the last couple of weeks to add to the 100+ I already have ^&grin

All the best

Martyn,

I didn’t realize you had so many.

Brad

Shore Patrol Station

Attachments

• SHORE PATROL STATION.jpg
    SHORE PATROL STATION.jpg
    648.1 KB · Views: 145
Great set up and very interesting clip. Maybe this is part if the reason that China is trying ti expand, they learned from us!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back