Yellow Fiends! (1 Viewer)

A few of the Japanese forces as they make their way through the jungle:

attachment.php

attachment.php

Last edited:
ROB, no better way to start a leisurely Sunday, than with a very well done WWII Pacific display.
Gotta' love the HA-GO.

I was thinking … normally a dangerous thing :redface2:… that you and Steve (Horus) should start a thread simply called .. K&C WWII PACIFIC Dioramas and then place all your and Steve's works in that thread.

They will be in one place for reference and easy to find.
Of course anyone can add to the thread … "IF" they are WWII PACIFIC centric.

Just a thought! :rolleyes2:

--- LaRRy

ROB, no better way to start a leisurely Sunday, than with a very well done WWII Pacific display.
Gotta' love the HA-GO.

I was thinking … normally a dangerous thing :redface2:… that you and Steve (Horus) should start a thread simply called .. K&C WWII PACIFIC Dioramas and then place all your and Steve's works in that thread.

They will be in one place for reference and easy to find.
Of course anyone can add to the thread … "IF" they are WWII PACIFIC centric.

Just a thought! :rolleyes2:

--- LaRRy

My basement is a Pacific War 'Paradise'. Kindred spirits we are. 44 Jap tanks(Ha-go,Chi-ha,Amphibious)1400 Jap grunts,88 Amtracs(all types),???(many) LCIs,
33 Shermans,17 Stuarts & 1900 Jarheads bunkers,pillboxes,arty,SPGs,terrain pieces,trees etc.,etc.etc. hell I've got a 1/32 "Betty"! And yet a venue (backyard ?) to display this amalgamation awaits.(My WW1 AEF 'collection' mirrors this...yeah).Sissypants New York State loves treehuggers and crossdressers ,..military history?? The 'fun' is in the hunt and creating. Good luck with your endeavour.

My basement is a Pacific War 'Paradise'. Kindred spirits we are. 44 Jap tanks(Ha-go,Chi-ha,Amphibious)1400 Jap grunts,88 Amtracs(all types),???(many) LCIs,
33 Shermans,17 Stuarts & 1900 Jarheads bunkers,pillboxes,arty,SPGs,terrain pieces,trees etc.,etc.etc. hell I've got a 1/32 "Betty"! And yet a venue (backyard ?) to display this amalgamation awaits.(My WW1 AEF 'collection' mirrors this...yeah).Sissypants New York State loves treehuggers and crossdressers ,..military history?? The 'fun' is in the hunt and creating. Good luck with your endeavour.

RANDY ... Post some pictures my friend!

POST, POST so I (we) can see some of these treasures that you have acquired!!! {sm3}

It does sound like a Pacific junkies "Paradise." Hopefully you will get your (backyard) extravaganza up and running soon.
What a sight that would be. Then we need to get Rob, Steve, me and others pacific lovers to organize a field trip to N.Tonawanda,N.Y. for a bash!

33 Shermans??? {eek3} Are they models like Tamiya or Dragon or more of the K&C, CSC and such.
I am still waiting for Andy to REMAKE a Pacific version :redface2: Hopefully soon!

From this Bubble Head to a Jarhead ... good collecting!

--- LaRRy

Rob
You've done a great job with your photos featuring your new terrain pieces. Really adds to the scene for sure :salute::

Larry
I'm sure I've seen in some promotional material either in one of Andy's posts here on the forum or on the K&C website with one of their uploaded magazines showing their Pacific Sherman with the wood planking sides.
So hopefully you'll not have too long to wait. Who knows, it's the start of a new month on Wednesday when I guess there will be some new releases announced.

This months Nam releases are a bit late coming from the factory, but I'm hopeful we'll see some more for May's releases.

Steve

Love the "coming out of the mist" effect. Very eerie feeling. Chris

RANDY ... Post some pictures my friend!

POST, POST so I (we) can see some of these treasures that you have acquired!!! {sm3}

It does sound like a Pacific junkies "Paradise." Hopefully you will get your (backyard) extravaganza up and running soon.
What a sight that would be. Then we need to get Rob, Steve, me and others pacific lovers to organize a field trip to N.Tonawanda,N.Y. for a bash!

33 Shermans??? {eek3} Are they models like Tamiya or Dragon or more of the K&C, CSC and such.
I am still waiting for Andy to REMAKE a Pacific version :redface2: Hopefully soon!

From this Bubble Head to a Jarhead ... good collecting!

--- LaRRy

Larry,About 1/3 are Pacific War metal Shermans(wood sideboards,no Ma deuce,no white star on sides,chicken wire/spikes on ALL hatches),about 1/4th all Jap tanks are 1/35s. Plenty of piled up US/Jap KIAs/WIAs..same for repainted G.Is,(collectors of 'sets will be appalled by the total remakes of 'cherished'pieces via ALL manufacturers)...War is hell. MANY one of a kind pieces here......MANY!! Been a hoot !

You've done a great job with your photos featuring your new terrain pieces. Really adds to the scene for sure
Thanks much Steve, been working with my first jungle terrain.

Thanks Larry; always appreciate you taking time to comment.

Larry,About 1/3 are Pacific War metal Shermans(wood sideboards,no Ma deuce,no white star on sides,chicken wire/spikes on ALL hatches),about 1/4th all Jap tanks are 1/35s. Plenty of piled up US/Jap KIAs/WIAs..same for repainted G.Is,(collectors of 'sets will be appalled by the total remakes of 'cherished'pieces via ALL manufacturers)...War is hell. MANY one of a kind pieces here......MANY!! Been a hoot !
Randy, I think I've read this from you before but I've seen a number of WWII Pacific vehicle photographs with white stars (Shermans and Amtraks). Here's one as an example:

ec7f9cae8ce0934db95f53fd8e8e0535.jpg

Love the "coming out of the mist" effect. Very eerie feeling.
Thanks much Chris.

Thanks much Steve, been working with my first jungle terrain.

Thanks Larry; always appreciate you taking time to comment.
extolled their own'charm'.

Randy, I think I've read this from you before but I've seen a number of WWII Pacific vehicle photographs with white stars (Shermans and Amtraks). Here's one as an example:

ec7f9cae8ce0934db95f53fd8e8e0535.jpg

Thanks much Chris.

Our linedoggies did their fair share of Pac War mayhem as well. Army had White Stars on their canteen covers.Marines 'borrowed' G.I. gear whenever /wherever possible.Army amtracs had festive white stars festooned on sides as well. Marines did not like giving the Japs aiming points. Each branch
extolled it's own'charm'.

Now I Hope Randy is sitting and relaxed as Thomas Gunn is releasing what looks like a USMC 37mm Gun and 3 man crew {sm3}. Yeah check it out mate. Looks real good.:salute::

Steve

Now I Hope Randy is sitting and relaxed as Thomas Gunn is releasing what looks like a USMC 37mm Gun and 3 man crew {sm3}. Yeah check it out mate. Looks real good.:salute::

Steve

Mine is already ordered and should be here shortly.
It will be a great addition to the WWII Pacific themes.
Really glad to see that T.G and K&C will work well together.

--- LaRRy

Sounds like an amazing collection of WWII PTO. I have to ask, who makes the 1/32 scale Betty? I been looking for a Betty 1/32 model kit, but can't seem to find one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back