Your oldest King Country (1 Viewer)

My K&C WS070 (SL) Winter Tiger back from 2005 is one of my early pieces. I started collecting in 2007.

Attachments

• P1.jpg
    P1.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 333
The rents gave me a DD50 they got in France. It went down hill from there.

The oldest K&C figures still in my collection are these 1985 Seaforths...K&C Seaforths 1.jpg
and (a real slice of history!) this 1984 vintage, mk 1 version of K&Cs marching officer HB1. This dates back to the very earliest days of K&C in Hong Kong
K&C HB1 (2).jpgK&C HB1.jpg

I guess I was a little later coming back to the hobby than many of the posters here as I don't have sets that date back to the 80's and 90's. The first set I ever got was WS58 and I was hooked after purchasing it around 2005. The oldest piece in my collection I think is WS31. I just thought those SS tank riders looked great on the K&C german tanks.........and they still do. In general I prefer K&C's newer releases as in my opinion they are vast improvements over many of the pieces originally released, the old charm of the older pieces doesn't appeal to me much. :smile2:

My oldest are propbably the gloss afhans, and the matte arnhem series from 1995

Here's some of my oldest K & C.

IMG_0172[1].JPG
Jockey (Louis and Larry have the complete sets I believe)

IMG_0167[1].JPG
Elvis from the Performers series, which included Charlie Chaplin and the Beatles

IMG_0181[1].JPG
Seaforths (in my display case)

Arnhem.JPG
Arnhem

IMG_0269[1].JPG
More Seaforths. The rider on the horse is rare because most riders were painted in khaki.

Thanks Mario. Great idea for a thread and it's great to see people show their oldest pieces. I'm sure that Larry must have a few photos that he can show us.

I have a mint conditon wss16, but also have a mint condition mww10!^&grin

as well as arnhem 44 original sets^&grin

My oldests sets are all the Stalingrad series and some of the Arnhem sets and ws 06{sm4}{sm4}{sm4}
Scott

Tom,

The Seaforth standing/firing in Khaki is from the second flyer in late 1984. The Indian Army kneeling gunner is from 1988 "King & Country Field Force" flyer. The Ludhiana Sikh is from 1990-1991 post card catalogue. The marching Seaforth in home service dress is from one of the band releases circa 1994-1996.

Thanks Louis! I was looking at your Volume 3 and thought I had the right catalogue numbers but I guess not. Could you put the right Cat. number for the described items:

The Seaforth standing/firing in Khaki (1984)
Indian Army kneeling gunner (1988)
Ludhiana Sikh (1990-1991)
Marching Seaforth in home service dress (band releases ca.1994-1996)

Best, Tom

Here's some of my oldest K & C.

View attachment 71486
Jockey (Louis and Larry have the complete sets I believe)

View attachment 71487
Elvis from the Performers series, which included Charlie Chaplin and the Beatles

View attachment 71488
Seaforths (in my display case)

View attachment 71489
Arnhem

View attachment 71490
More Seaforths. The rider on the horse is rare because most riders were painted in khaki.
Where in the world do you find an Elvis...I'm all shook up!

Lucky or being in the right place at the right time.

I had purchased a glossy K & C Pacific pilot via eBay from a collector in Pennsylvania (might have been the second item I purchased from him). Anyway, he later contacted me and said he had a K & C plane that he'd like to sell. I think he was looking for more than I could afford to pay at the time so I put him in touch with Louis and they worked out a deal. Then, either Louis or the collector contacted me saying he had an Elvis and a Beatles set and he was going to give me first dibs. The other one would go to Hans. Would have liked the Beatles but, again, being a little short on funds, I chose the Elvis.

I've seen the Beatles set on eBay a couple of times (it's on my most wanted list) but have never seen Elvis.

Glossy Seaforth Sets from 1984

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Users who are viewing this thread

Back