Your oldest King Country (2 Viewers)

Glossy Seaforth Sets from 1984

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Amazing ! Thx for sharing !'{sm4}

Thanks Louis! I was looking at your Volume 3 and thought I had the right catalogue numbers but I guess not. Could you put the right Cat. number for the described items:

The Seaforth standing/firing in Khaki (1984)
Indian Army kneeling gunner (1988)
Ludhiana Sikh (1990-1991)
Marching Seaforth in home service dress (band releases ca.1994-1996)

Best, Tom

Here's the information you requested:

The Seaforth Standing firing is from HB5, depicted in the winter 1984/1985 flyer, which consisted of five Highlanders standing firing rifles, and an officer, standing with a revolver in his right hand and binoculars held at waist level in his left hand. This set originally retailed for $32.50.

The Indian Army kneeling gunner is from "King & Country Field Force" set IA1, an Indian Army nine pound field gun with crew - three kneeling crewmen and one standing officer with binoculars (original retail price $89).

The marching Ludhiana Sikh is from a set first depicted in a 1990-1991, King & Country Post Card catalogue, consisting of twelve two sided post-cards in a “collectors edition” envelope (on which a Victoria Cross is depicted) with a price list and King & Country “Beginnings” press release featuring a photograph of a young Andy as a Royal Marine in fatigues. The Sikh is from a set of six identical marching Ludhiana Sikhs (LS2) which originally retailled for $70.

Finally, the marching Seaforth in home service dress is from a set of marching Seaforths to go along with the Seaforth Regimental Dress Band and Seaforth Color Party in production between 1990 and 1996. I do not know the set number, but you can probably find it on Bill Sager's website.

Here's the information you requested:

The Seaforth Standing firing is from HB5, depicted in the winter 1984/1985 flyer, which consisted of five Highlanders standing firing rifles, and an officer, standing with a revolver in his right hand and binoculars held at waist level in his left hand. This set originally retailed for $32.50.

The Indian Army kneeling gunner is from "King & Country Field Force" set IA1, an Indian Army nine pound field gun with crew - three kneeling crewmen and one standing officer with binoculars (original retail price $89).

The marching Ludhiana Sikh is from a set first depicted in a 1990-1991, King & Country Post Card catalogue, consisting of twelve two sided post-cards in a “collectors edition” envelope (on which a Victoria Cross is depicted) with a price list and King & Country “Beginnings” press release featuring a photograph of a young Andy as a Royal Marine in fatigues. The Sikh is from a set of six identical marching Ludhiana Sikhs (LS2) which originally retailled for $70.

Finally, the marching Seaforth in home service dress is from a set of marching Seaforths to go along with the Seaforth Regimental Dress Band and Seaforth Color Party in production between 1990 and 1996. I do not know the set number, but you can probably find it on Bill Sager's website.

Thanks Louis for all the help, Best, Tom

Hello,

Thanks to post here, your oldest reference King and Country.
This will allow us to discover or rediscover the historical reference of the brand K&C.

My Oldest:

King & Country - RUSSIANS (1999)
Ref: RA01a / RA01d (written to the tag under the model)

View attachment 71264

and you ? :)

Dear "CollectionFigurine":
I still have some of the very oldest Streets of Old Hong Kong sets among my over #100 K&C HK sets. I started getting into this series in 1994, but I was able to obtain from my local dealer HK sets from the very early years of this series which apparently started in about 1985 or 1986 per data I got from K&C via E-mail a couple of years ago. I also have some "THE WEST" series of sets that have a copy write date of 1998. Other wise I have sold off all my pre 2003 copy write K&C sets on eBay and used the money from these sales to buy the more realistic 2003 to date figures made by K&C. By the way, I am selling old K&C set HK19 "Lion Dance Set" with auction ending July 3, 2011, 7:44 PM CDT. See Forum section on eBay sales.
"Iron Brigade"

Last edited:
I have a few early pieces, Vietnam Firebase and sets, Original diorama for 1st release of Arnhem series, and sets. Unfortunately I will not be able to post pictures for awhile until we complete our move into new home.

I have a few early pieces, Vietnam Firebase and sets, Original diorama for 1st release of Arnhem series, and sets. Unfortunately I will not be able to post pictures for awhile until we complete our move into new home.

Hi,it's possible to make photo about Arnhem series ?

Got this on E-Bay. This has been out circulation when I began collecting KC in 2003. My only non-WWII in my collection...very rare, hard to find, and one of KC's best!. Hope Andy revives the series.

N-P

Attachments

• SF03 Humvee.jpg
    SF03 Humvee.jpg
    18.8 KB · Views: 106
  • SF03 Humvee 4.jpg
    SF03 Humvee 4.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 113
Last edited:
Hi,it's possible to make photo about Arnhem series ?

- - - - - - - - -

Hi, yes I will post a few pictures when I return home. We purchased a new home so I will have to pack everything up for the move!{eek3}

At least my new den will be twice as large:) and I will have a large framed out basement to make into.........whatever! As my house inspector commented 4800 sq feet is hardly enough room for two people!{eek3}

Users who are viewing this thread

Back