Zach's Collection (1 Viewer)

zblang

1st Lieutenant
I've been asked by a few people to share my collection and I've finally decided to oblige the powers that be. This is the majority of it other than a few random things that are at my office. I can post those photos later on when I am there. The first photo is from my kitchen counter and are things that haven't found a home in the cabinets yet. I apologize for some of the garbage photos, but based on lighting and angle that I had to take them, some are weird. If there is anything you see that you have a question about or want to see more close-up, just let me know. Enjoy!

I;m not sure how many I can put in one post, so I'll put a few in each and see how it goes!

Editor's note...Zach originally posted Photobucket images in this space, but as he's no longer using Photobucket to host those images they were blank. He requested that we post the http://lang.smugmug.com/Toy-Soldier-Collection/ site where the photos can be found.

Last edited by a moderator:
thats-all-folks.jpg

WOW!!!

they are multiplying like rabbits...

everything is spectacular...

my favorites are your Dicken's dio and your Egypt dios...

all in all...probably one of the most colorful collections I have ever seen...

I bet you own a lot of bright shirts too...^&grin

That is a awesome collection.{bravo}}{bravo}}Who did Washington crossing the Delaware?
Mark

Zach...

are these pictures or shadow box dioramas?

they appear to have some depth to them...maybe it's just the illusion of the large frames...

Attachments

• 32.jpg
    32.jpg
    116.6 KB · Views: 1,483
They are shadowbox frames with German flats in them. The top and bottom I bought that way. The middle one I did myself (just framed and put together. I didn't paint the figures)

They are shadowbox frames with German flats in them. The top and bottom I bought that way. The middle one I did myself (just framed and put together. I didn't paint the figures)

very clever!

do you have a favorite part of your collection that moves you the most...I know you have had a huge interest in the connoisseur figures lately?

also the Hong Kong looks great as does the Roman structure...

Last edited:
THAT ... IS .... INCREDIBLE. {sm3}

I think I saw samples of just about every era on those shelves. Of course I picked out your Rev War with the wonderful Militia and Backwoodsmen along with the cart ... very nice.

But the HK is spectacular, as well as Egypt and of course Dickens and then the planes and .... oh heck it all is superb.

Have you been collecting for 1 million years????? :salute::

--- Larry

do you have a favorite part of your collection that moves you the most...I know you have had a huge interest in the connoisseur figures lately?

I love all of my Russians. I find myself staring at those the most. AS far as Fun - it's definitely the Hong Kong stuff. It's great to move those guys around and play with them. I am so glad I had you make that diorama base. It's great, where it is, the sun at sunrise comes through the end of the cabinet and looks like sunrise over the city! (don't worry, not much sun - within 1/2 hr it's gone)

Fantastic , I love that Dickens collection also. But they are all great!

Walt

Have you been collecting for 1 million years????? :salute::

--- Larry

I'm 38 and started when I was a kid. The sad thing is that most that I had from back then are all in boxes. I love them for the sentimentality, but they definitely aren't "lookers"! I stopped collecting for quite a few yrs in between though.

That's a heck of a collection. Very eclectic. I noticed that your Civil War collection included King & Country, Trophy and Tradition's Lincoln and His Generals set.

You could never do this if you were married :wink2::wink2:

Those are really great Imperial sets.
Imperial Toy soldiers helped make New Zealand famous oh yes Imperial and the fact that they also have a half decent rugby team.
Thanks for posting.

Great collection creatively displayed!
I love the way you mix and match different makers for a particular historical period.

Amazing collection being 21 i would sign for getting such a collection by the time im 38:) I love the building behind napoleon do you by any chance still remember from what brand it is? :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back