zulu just came in (1 Viewer)

do you have any pics? Just curious how these figures look outside their stock photos.

just received my first three figures.......very happy with them.......will be adding to them soon^&grin^&grin^&grin

my pics

Attachments

• 20140620_182050_resizeda.jpg
    20140620_182050_resizeda.jpg
    196.3 KB · Views: 465
  • 20140620_182059_resizedaaaa.jpg
    20140620_182059_resizedaaaa.jpg
    205.3 KB · Views: 458
  • 20140620_182144_resizedaaaaa.jpg
    20140620_182144_resizedaaaaa.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 481
  • 20140620_182154_resized_1a.jpg
    20140620_182154_resized_1a.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 471
  • 20140620_182220_resizedaaaaaaaa.jpg
    20140620_182220_resizedaaaaaaaa.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 475
more

Attachments

• 20140620_182229_resizedaaaaaaaaaaaa.jpg
    20140620_182229_resizedaaaaaaaaaaaa.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 458
  • 20140620_182258_resizedaaaaaaaa.jpg
    20140620_182258_resizedaaaaaaaa.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 460
  • 20140620_182301_resizedaaaaa.jpg
    20140620_182301_resizedaaaaa.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 441
  • 20140620_182310_resizedaaaaa.jpg
    20140620_182310_resizedaaaaa.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 461
  • aaaaaaa.jpg
    aaaaaaa.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 463
Thanks for posting some pics of the figures. They look very good. This is one of those lines that has always tempted me. I always had the excuse with Britains that I was to far behind to play catch up but now I really don't have an excuse.

just glad that FL has started the Zulu range. They look good figures and its nice to see them with some of the other manufacturers releases
Mitch

Ok, I finally got to see these figures in person today at the Michigan Toy Soldier Extravaganza. I must admit that these figures are some of FLs best to date. The sculpts and painting are fantastic. I have been on the fence for a bit with these figs and seeing them in person put me over it. I know some great things are otw for the "Glory of Rome" range so I can't get them all right now but I would if I could ^&grin For now I picked up 2 but more will definitely be otw.

superb figures and as someone who wanted to have a Zulu collection these are simply brilliant. I Like how each of the 15 releases are differently posed so, should you wish to have a standard line without multiples of the same figure you can.

Just looking forward to where this will go
Mitch

Ok, I finally got to see these figures in person today at the Michigan Toy Soldier Extravaganza. I must admit that these figures are some of FLs best to date. The sculpts and painting are fantastic. I have been on the fence for a bit with these figs and seeing them in person put me over it. I know some great things are otw for the "Glory of Rome" range so I can't get them all right now but I would if I could ^&grin For now I picked up 2 but more will definitely be otw.

I was really impressed by what this line had to offer. It just kinda jumped out at me and really won me over. I kept trying to fight the urge but I always found myself walking back to the same table and staring at the figures for a bit. I really wanted them all. If I didn't know about some of the things coming soon for Rome then there would have been a pretty good chance I may have been walking out of there with them all. The stock photos really don't do these figs any justice. They are just fantastic looking in person.

Out of the first batch of 15 this still is the best of them. Its great to begin a Zulu range and these are excellent figures. I wonder if this was meant to depict Caine in the Movie Zulu? Really striking figures with excellent animation and sculpt.
Mitch

Out of the first batch of 15 this still is the best of them. Its great to begin a Zulu range and these are excellent figures. I wonder if this was meant to depict Caine in the Movie Zulu? Really striking figures with excellent animation and sculpt.
Mitch

Agreed this is a great looking figure. Unfortunately he wasn't available at the show or at least I didn't see him otherwise I probably would have picked him up first.

Mitch

Great figure.. congrats on that, I think he is way to tuff looking to be that dandy boy that Caine put on the screen :wink2:. That figure is iconic for sure and another wonderful creation from FL well worth the money IMO .. Gebhard

I think he has that Caine after battle look
Mitch

Great figure.. congrats on that, I think he is way to tuff looking to be that dandy boy that Caine put on the screen :wink2:. That figure is iconic for sure and another wonderful creation from FL well worth the money IMO .. Gebhard

I think he has that Caine after battle look
Mitch

Must have been a long battle indeed :wink2: here is a link to an interesting article. Apparently Caine thought his performance would get him fired. I remember the first time I saw it, I could not believe an officer would act in such a way. It was totally alien from what I had known of officers, but by the end of the movie I guess the fight had knocked that "immensely privileged background" right out of him. http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/michael-caine-thought-zulu-performance-3825906 cheers old boy :wink2: Gebhard

HTML:
I would like to consider the officer as a historical figure rather than a cinematic one. Just my personal choice. So, with that said there are two possibilities of officers from the 24th that have photos prior to the war showing them as clean shaven. The first is Lt James Daly and the facial features of this figure suit Daly reasonably well but I would prefer to consider him as being Lt George Hodson whose body was found at the base of iSandlwana along with Younghusband. Thats my story anyway, and I'm sticking to it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back