Zululand South Africa (3 Viewers)

Scott,
I don't think you added too much scenery at all. Nice job on your first dio. Now that you busted your cherry, you'll be addicted to building more:eek::cool: I like how the water has different tones at different angles and light. Now...who's first on the new terrain?

Looks great! And I agree, don't think there's too much schwubbewy on there.
C'mon! Get something on there and start snapping photos! :D

Simon

Scott,
It looks great, I do not think you added too much scrubbery.
Great job on your first diorama. Now lets see some Zulus on it.
Brian

Just one for now, still waiting on my parcel from Natal. I think I will use this base for taking snaps of new figures as they arrive. Then will go on display with my hospital.

picture.php

Thanks for all the comments and encouragement guys.

Just one for now, still waiting on my parcel from Natal. I think I will use this base for taking snaps of new figures as they arrive. Then will go on display with my hospital.

picture.php

Seeing this pic on the web I have to admit it doesn't look half bad for a first attempt.

Seeing this pic on the web I have to admit it doesn't look half bad for a first attempt.

Scott, good for you :) I am still waiting for my first attempt at a dio for my Charge of the Light Brigade collection :(

Jeff

Scott, good for you :) I am still waiting for my first attempt at a dio for my Charge of the Light Brigade collection :(

Jeff

Thanks Jeff

And if your dio skills are as good as your painting skills you don't have anything to worry about.

Looking good Scott, that would make a great base for my Pontoon sets.;)

Cheers

Martyn:)

Scott,
Now that you've done your first, on a scale of 1 to 10, how hard was it really? The mind will keep on swirling with ideas for others!:)
Mike

Scott

Congratulations. I recently bought a Woodland Scenics kit at Michael's. Are they easy to work with? Your results look very nice.

Randy

It was surprisingly easy, the step by step instructions are great and now I know what I need to do I can source the pieces individually and go from there. I would say the hardest part would be taking the first jump and spraying the glue it was all downhill from there and actually was a lot of fun.

I still have quite a bit of the scenic stuff left over to do another base so I think a little planning and I may start another one. :D

It was surprisingly easy, the step by step instructions are great and now I know what I need to do I can source the pieces individually and go from there. I would say the hardest part would be taking the first jump and spraying the glue it was all downhill from there and actually was a lot of fun.

I still have quite a bit of the scenic stuff left over to do another base so I think a little planning and I may start another one. :D

Looking forward to seeing it finished Scott as I'm sure you can't wait to get to open your birthday presents:eek::eek::eek:The Lt.

Looking forward to seeing it finished Scott as I'm sure you can't wait to get to open your birthday presents:eek::eek::eek:The Lt.

Thanks Joe, yes I can't wait to get them opened and on display :D My poor ammo guy is getting in a bit of a tizz running about with his crate and not having anyone to give it to. LOL

A great first effort mate,
To quote my late father "your only limited by your imagination"
It will inspire me to do the same.
Thank you.

Thanks Dave,

Wow this is an old one, still have that piece nice blast from the pasy.

Scott

Users who are viewing this thread

Back