1066 (2 Viewers)

Thanks gents for the comments and the likes. This is a real favorite series for me and I do enjoy making the bases. It looks like there is still a lot of figures to come judging by the prototype photos i've seen. Regards Greg.

Very well done Greg, obviously a rapidly becoming a firm favourite with you ! :salute:: {bravo}}

Steve

Latest additions to my 1066 dioramas. Greg.
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Thanks for the comments and likes gents. I have covered all the bases and it was a long process but it looks a whole lot better. I always try to hide the bases where possible. I'm looking forward to filling in the space in front of the shield wall. A few fallen cavalry and Saxons darting out to finish them off, would be great. I hope to see other collectors photos of this period. Regards Greg.
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Here are two photos of my Saxon Shieldwall and Normans.
Mike

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1608337196412.jpg
    FB_IMG_1608337196412.jpg
    124 KB · Views: 280
  • FB_IMG_1608337207419.jpg
    FB_IMG_1608337207419.jpg
    117.4 KB · Views: 281
Looks really good Mike and the ground work is excellent. Greg.

Absolutely magnificent Greg ! :salute:: {sm0} {bravo}}{bravo}}{bravo}}

Steve

Outstanding Greg. Covering the bases really adds a lot to the overall scene. Is the ground work that covers the bases permanent or did you just loosely apply it for easy removal if you wanted to?

:smile2: Mike

Thanks Steve and Mike for the comments. I've been away from the Forum for a little while and it's good to be back. All my dioramas are setup to be permanent with groundwork glued in and figures with a smear of silicon under the base to keep them in place otherwise one bump and they would all fall over. Around the base of the figures is loosely scattered flock. Regards Greg.

A smear of silicon . . . Genius! Thanks for the tip.
Mike

Agree on mass is my cup of tea and these are beauties. The terrain is starting to be under pressure for space which is a worry, a issue with a lot of collectors I am sure. Robin.

Hello Robin, Yes space is getting tight with my dioramas but i've planned on this. Not the first time an extension might have to be done. Regards Greg.

As much as we love buildings and ruins and bridges and other big diorama pieces (they can make a great diorama out of a few figures), this is our favorite kind of dio. Heavy on the beautifully done figures (which we see as central) with plenty of scenery to make you feel as if you're there.
Too awesome. Best Wishes!
Pat & Pat

Hope nobody minds me adding an updated version of my Saxon, Viking shelf. I believe this is every release, paint variants included.

it’s very exciting looking at this everyday.

E1AC84B7-938D-4B21-B25A-15555B610274.jpeg

This is a updated version of my 1066 diorama. The scene has been considerately enlarged and rearranged. Some more figures to go in but nearing completion. Greg.
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Users who are viewing this thread

Back