1066 (1 Viewer)

I don't think there would be too many more figures to come Robin and I will only get a few more Norman infantry and maybe some wounded Saxons if they are produced. Regards Greg.

Lots more to come . . . The Bretons are just now being introduced, a number of Saxon casualties, more Saxon Housekarls, more Saxons for the shieldwall, more Norman archers along with crossbowmen, some Saxon archers, and then the French/Flemish cavalry. This has prompted me to expand my Hastings diorama display to a 3-foot x 6-foot base.
Mike

This series demands a large scene to do it justice, but one can go too far and then have to worry about storing and protecting the diorama. I have done some large dioramas, fortunately iv'e required the cabinets to house them. The exception is my Roman and Carthage theme which sits on a table and will probably need a clear acrylic cover for it. I have made the 1066 diorama to fit into a museum quality glass cabinet which i'm yet to buy. I will probably acquire a few of the mentioned figures you said but that will be it. Regards Greg.

The Woodland Scenics landscape supplies I ordered arrived this afternoon. After dinner to night I began working on the turf and soil portion of my 3-foot x 6-foot Battle of Hastings display area. This is what I have accomplished so far. I'm going to let it dry for the next 24-hours before proceeding further with the heavier foliage details. This was easy to do and the 2-inch thick high density foam board worked out beautifully for a base.

PXL_20211123_012944423_resize_77.jpg

Very good. Are you going to cover the bases? Dioramas always look better when this is done. A lot of work though. Look forward to your progress. Regards Greg.

Very good. Are you going to cover the bases? Dioramas always look better when this is done. A lot of work though. Look forward to your progress. Regards Greg.

That's yet to be decided on.
Mike

Mike, It looks fantastic already! Wonderful groundwork! I love working on and viewing groundwork and appreciate you sharing the photo. Joe

Mike, It looks fantastic already! Wonderful groundwork! I love working on and viewing groundwork and appreciate you sharing the photo. Joe

Thank you very much Joe. I'm thinking about adding static grass to it but I am somewhat hesitant since I have never used or applied static grass before.
Mike

A very well done to both Mike and Greg with what they have produced and shared with us on various threads. Both of these gents have done such an important battle in England's history proud already and I look forward to seeing both of their dioramas progress !:salute:: {bravo}}{bravo}}{bravo}}{bravo}}

Steve

A very well done to both Mike and Greg with what they have produced and shared with us on various threads. Both of these gents have done such an important battle in England's history proud already and I look forward to seeing both of their dioramas progress !:salute:: {bravo}}{bravo}}{bravo}}{bravo}}

Steve

Thank you for your very kind words Steve . . . You'll make me blush if you keep this up, lol :tongue:
Mike

Thank you very much Joe. I'm thinking about adding static grass to it but I am somewhat hesitant since I have never used or applied static grass before.
Mike

You're welcome Mike! It really looks wonderful already.
If you're going to add static grass for your first time, maybe just try it on a small corner first or a separate test piece altogether. I'm sure it will come out just fine. It's great to see your creativity and that you are having fun!

Joe

Looks good so far Mike. I am sure you would make a good job on the static grass also. You could also apply glue in small blobs to wax paper and make tufts of grass that you can then attach to your diorama.

I hav3 loved watching it evolve. I5 looks great, in pic n the video it dies t seem like you need more dio material.

I hav3 loved watching it evolve. I5 looks great, in pic n the video it dies t seem like you need more dio material.

Thanks Jason. What started out to be a temporary setting up of my Saxon and Norman figures before proceeding further with landscaping materials (need more PVA white glue before I can do more), might become more permanent than temporary. I would agree that the video I posted on the JJD Collectors Facebook group makes the groundwork look complete. Probably after the holidays I will make some enhancements to the ground work.
Mike

Users who are viewing this thread

Back