18th Hussars (4 Viewers)

aujj65

Colonel
This is actually more of a re-paint project. Bernard has requested a change of uniform details of a set of Britains 13th Hussars to represent the 18th Hussars.

These are the little chappies in question and as you can see they are a little grubby and one has a broken sabre :(. Never mind a quick wipe round with a petrol soaked rag and a dab of glue later, they will be ready for painting.

Jeff

Attachments

• 18th Hussars 01.jpg
    18th Hussars 01.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 230
  • 18th Hussars 02.jpg
    18th Hussars 02.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 238
  • 18th Hussars 03.jpg
    18th Hussars 03.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 235
Jeff,
Britains cav are always classic beauties. Are you going to splurge and give some detail paint to the harness gear on the horses? Or does the classic look preclude that kind of detail? They look in great shape, by the way.Mike

Mike,

I don't think that I will be allowed :)D) to "Enhance" the paintwork as this will detract from the original style of as you say, the classic look. I will be over painting the original detail as closely as possible in the new colours.

I wonder just what these figures would look like with a full makeover?

Jeff

Mike,

I don't think that I will be allowed :)D) to "Enhance" the paintwork as this will detract from the original style of as you say, the classic look. I will be over painting the original detail as closely as possible in the new colours.

I wonder just what these figures would look like with a full makeover?

Jeff

Yo Trooper Jeff, you can enhance them all you want Surgeon General, I am confident that when they are finished they will look superb. Britains never made any 18th Hussars so it wont matter anyway, and all I want is a class set of 18th Hussars. GO FOR IT lol.
Bernard.:D:D

Bernard,
you won't regret it. I have several sets of "embellished" Britain's and they are among my favorites.................

Yo Jeff, guess what the 18th Hussars were disbanded in 1821 in Ireland. Then re-raised in 1858 and guess what (Wraith will love this one) they had Lincoln GREEN Busby bags & plumes lol, but they wanted to go back to the original Regimental colours so in 1878 they got their way and changed to the Blue Bag and white plume. Eat your heart out lol. :D:D:D:D
Bernard.

Yo Jeff, guess what the 18th Hussars were disbanded in 1821 in Ireland. Then re-raised in 1858 and guess what (Wraith will love this one) they had Lincoln GREEN Busby bags & plumes lol, but they wanted to go back to the original Regimental colours so in 1878 they got their way and changed to the Blue Bag and white plume. Eat your heart out lol. :D:D:D:D
Bernard.

Oooops, dont know what I am laughing at, your the one with the paint brush in his hand. DOH :eek: :eek:

Bernard.

Yeah!! and What a shame all in one sentence. :D:(:rolleyes::cool:

Jeff

Jeff:

Thanks for directing me to this thread! I look forward to watching you

work on these troopers. I had quite a few sets of Britians when I was a child

they were tossed, when the damage piled up.

How nice to see a set brought back to life!

Yeah!! and What a shame all in one sentence. :D:(:rolleyes::cool:

Jeff

Yo Jeff, serious got me thinking now, just scanned this out of book Richard Simkin's sketch its quite a striking colour, and they did have it for 20 years, what do you think.
Bernard.:confused:

Attachments

• 18th Lincoln.jpg
    18th Lincoln.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 124
Yo Jeff, serious got me thinking now, just scanned this out of book Richard Simkin's sketch its quite a striking colour, and they did have it for 20 years, what do you think.
Bernard.:confused:

Bernard,

A very nice uniform, it's up to you! I don't mind either way :D

Jeff

Splendid uniform, Bernard,
great choice!
Konrad

Then re-raised in 1858 and guess what (Wraith will love this one) they had Lincoln GREEN Busby bags & plumes lol, but they wanted to go back to the original Regimental colours so in 1878 they got their way and changed to the Blue Bag and white plume. Eat your heart out lol. :D:D:D:D
Bernard.

Well that's lucky. I believe Jeff still has a little of that colour left over, after his scouring of the country :p

Well that's lucky. I believe Jeff still has a little of that colour left over, after his scouring of the country :p

No, no, not me! Have a look at the Fairy Tale thread to see who has all the green paint.

Jeff

Will give you a ring tomorrow pm.

No, no, not me! Have a look at the Fairy Tale thread to see who has all the green paint.

Jeff

Will give you a ring tomorrow pm.

Look forward to it. John may have cleared out the paint shops Stateside, but we all know who's stockpiled it this side of the water....

That is a nice figure. They will look great painted up that way. Should be fun to see how this comes out. The sabre is an easy fix. I like using wire or flat brass rod from hobby/train shops. Don't you love pin-vices?

That is a nice figure. They will look great painted up that way. Should be fun to see how this comes out. The sabre is an easy fix. I like using wire or flat brass rod from hobby/train shops. Don't you love pin-vices?

Should be a lot easier than that, the sabre was loose in the box.

Jeff

Did it snap off or fall out? How do you fix them?

It snapped off, see the right hand trooper. So with a very sharp blade I trim each end of the break to a clean straight edge and will then use a drop of gel type super glue on a cocktail stick. I find that a liberal coating around the join will suffice.

As long as Bernard is careful when unpacking it should (famous last words :eek:) be ok.

Jeff

Attachments

• 18th Hussars 01.jpg
    18th Hussars 01.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 75

Users who are viewing this thread

Back