2008 New York Toy Soldier Symposium (1 Viewer)

David,

I dropped John off at his hotel about a half-hour ago, and will be picking him up soon to go out for dinner. I will extend you thanks and ask him about the figure of General Braddock for you.

Regards,

Louis

Louis, could I impose upon you to do me a big favor and thank John Jenkins profusely for my caption contest prize. I received it today and was blown away by his generous gesture. Very, very impressive, thanks and have a great weekend. BTW, make sure someone asks John about a mounted figure of General Braddock for the Monogahela series too (sorry, couldn't resist, I'd ask him in person if I could). :D:D:D

Thanks for your helping me out!

David Gray
aka Mister Dave

I'll second that.
Mark

David,

I dropped John off at his hotel about a half-hour ago, and will be picking him up soon to go out for dinner. I will extend you thanks and ask him about the figure of General Braddock for you.

Regards,

Louis

Thanks again, Louis, and have a great evening.

MD

Louis,

Could you also thank John for me?
I was also a top ten winner and received a postal notice today that I have a package from John waiting at Post Office.

Thank you so much!
Donnie Alfonso

Yes, we will overwhelm John with gratitude and he will never want to leave. :rolleyes:

MD

David,

I extended your thanks and your Braddock request to John over dinner. Donnie, I will extend him your thanks tomorrow morning when we leave to visit the Toy Soldier Gallery and the West Point Military Museum.

Regards,

Louis

Thank you very much, Louis! Have a great weekend and I can't wait to see some photos from the event.

MD

Kevin Elliott (Panda1gen) and Doug Luna arrived today, and we just got back from dinner with John Jenkins. The Symposium seems to start earlier and earlier every year!

Hey Louis when will the room trading start? :) Just kidding have a great time.

I think some of the guys would like to do a little room trading from my collection, but I have a metal detector and a gun, so there have been no shenanigans so far!:D

I did catch Kevin Elliott with my horsa glider when he couldn't lower the arms in his jacket as he tried to get in my car because the wings were tucked up the sleeves!!:eek::D

I think some of the guys would like to do a little room trading from my collection, but I have a metal detector and a gun, so there have been no shenanigans so far!:D

I did catch Kevin Elliott with my horsa glider when he couldn't lower the arms in his jacket as he tried to get in my car because the wings were tucked up the sleeves!!:eek::D

That is pretty funny. So are we having fun yet???

Louis,
If you let Kevin know I'm once again in negotiations with Tom and am presemtly swapping his K&C collection for Student Union beer tokens. ;)
Hope you guys are enjoying yourselves.

Simon

Hope all is going well and all are having a great time. sorry I couldn't make it.
Bill w

Ah man - I wish I was there .... but, clients in town - must keep them happy to make $$$ for more K&C - its a vicious circle isn't it? ;)

yesterday afternoon, my daughter (much to her surprise and deleight) and i spent time at the ny symposium at louis's house/museum. first off, i would like to thank louis and his wife for being very gracious hosts. walking up to the museum, i ran into john jenkins giving a demonstration on the sculpturing process of his figures, and had a long and very enjoyable talk with him. its not too often that you meet a person who has the same passion for a subject as youself. john is just a really super guy. when my daughter and i first walked into the museum, its was an overwhelming sight. for someone who really shows no interest in my stuff, my daughter started asking questions about everything. her favorite piece was the north african diarama with dak and ea troops and equipment. brad showed me a side room, that i probably would have missed, loaded with early glossy pieces, zulu war and north western frontier, simply amazing. we then went downstairs to get something to eat. now i have to apologize, for i have a hard time with names, but everyone who was downstairs eating at the table and whom ever we met, made my daughter and i feel very comfortable . it was great talking to guys who have the same likes as yourself. all in all, a great experience and next year i'll be at all the functions for the weekend.. my humble thanks to everyone involved.

Andy,

It was great to see you and everybody else who was there. I did take photos of the Symposium and the dinner at Larry's restaurant (food was outstanding but what else is new) and I will try to post them later.

I believe Steven Chong will post a report so I will leave that to him as he would do a much better job than me.

Can't wait for the report from Steven and your photos, Brad.

Wish I could go one time, at least for the Saterday afternoon.

Pierre.

anyone know a lawyer?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back