2009 Favourite Releases (2 Viewers)

Wayne is half correct. Andy has said there will be a ME 109 in Desert scheme but did not say next month.

I hope Andy considers the aircraft one of the famous Desert Me 109 Aces such as 'Yellow 14' flown by Hans-Joachim Marseilles: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hans-Joachim_Marseille

marseiileme109.jpg

...And thus the thread is sidetracked with conjecture. If someone is posting based on inside information, say so.

I know its not on thread but the Desert ME109 would be cool.

Back on thread and although I've not seen it in the flesh yet the new Bulge artillery piece looks like it could be one of the best of 2009.

Rob

The aircraft below were mentioned as future aircraft by Andy in a post on this forum on 18 SEP just before he went to the Chicago Show.

Mk. I Spitfire
Me. 109 “Emil”
FW 190 A-3
P51B “Mustang”
Hawker Typhoon
Ju 87 “Stuka”
P47 “Thunderbolt”

However this thread is for 2009 releases so I agree lets not get side-tracked by 2010.
Regards
Brett

The aircraft below were mentioned as future aircraft by Andy in a post on this forum on 18 SEP just before he went to the Chicago Show.

Mk. I Spitfire
Me. 109 “Emil”
FW 190 A-3
P51B “Mustang”
Hawker Typhoon
Ju 87 “Stuka”
P47 “Thunderbolt”

However this thread is for 2009 releases so I agree lets not get side-tracked by 2010.
Regards
Brett

Oh dear,apart from the P47 I want all of those....not enough money or room:(

Must get the Spit,Stuka,Typhoon,ME though.
Rob

...And thus the thread is sidetracked with conjecture. If someone is posting based on inside information, say so.

Half of what we do here sometimes is engage in conjecture (e.g., will Andy do this, will Matt do that and so forth). However, according to Brett, it is not conjecture; not if but when.

Moreover, sometimes a manufacturer will tell a person something but ask them to keep it confidential although a little hint may drop here and there. For instance, Rob had made references to Arnhem releases in early 2010 before Andy publicly announced, which he has now more or less confirmed. I believe we know where those references were coming from without Rob having to actually say Andy that told him.

I did forget to mention the Bulge releases- mostly I guess because I got out of the Bulge back in August. That Funkdfsadfswagen is really nice. The weathering is incredible. The American releases are exceptional as well. Suffice it to say, KC really left me doubting selling off my Bulge sets.

Half of what we do here sometimes is engage in conjecture (e.g., will Andy do this, will Matt do that and so forth). However, according to Brett, it is not conjecture; not if but when.

Moreover, sometimes a manufacturer will tell a person something but ask them to keep it confidential although a little hint may drop here and there. For instance, Rob had made references to Arnhem releases in early 2010 before Andy publicly announced, which he has now more or less confirmed. I believe we know where those references were coming from without Rob having to actually say Andy that told him.

And sometimes a manufacturer will ask a specific question about an AFV in a PM or telephone call and it doesn't require a great leap in logic to guess what is coming out within the next 3 or 4 months. But it isn't inside info because sometimes the answers discourage the piece from being produced, so there is no certainty.

Of course, Rob being a former mailman has access to all Treefrog members PM and e-mail accounts which with the numerous surveys give him a complete picture of the international toy soldier market. It's actually Rob who sets the release schedules for the major manufacturers. :eek::D

Terry

And sometimes a manufacturer will ask a specific question about an AFV in a PM or telephone call and it doesn't require a great leap in logic to guess what is coming out within the next 3 or 4 months. But it isn't inside info because sometimes the answers discourage the piece from being produced, so there is no certainty.

Of course, Rob being a former mailman has access to all Treefrog members PM and e-mail accounts which with the numerous surveys give him a complete picture of the international toy soldier market. It's actually Rob who sets the release schedules for the major manufacturers. :eek::D

Terry

Don't mention Postmen please,their reputation is lower than MP's over here right now!!:eek:;)

Rob

Users who are viewing this thread

Back