2009 New York Toy Soldier Symposium (2 Viewers)

Kiri and I stayed in the City for several more hours and went to the EMPIRE STATE BUILDING and 30 ROCK - did the tourist things we never get a chance to do when we go to NYC.

Lots of fun - I love NYC - that place has a great vibe about it. :D

Very much like his 'Arnhem is being retired' campaign!;):D

Rob

Do you think anybody is taken in by it? :)
If it was true the chair really would be against the wall. :)

7) Market Garden - will be discontinued due to poor sales

I am nor surprised, stead they will concentrate in new stuffs..:rolleyes:. Sorry for those who collect MG but isn't a good series

:rolleyes: it just goes to show.... well done Ron! :)

Out of interest Debrito why do you think Market Garden isn't a good series?
It's a good subject, great sculpts, detailed painting - what's not to like?

Just arrived back home.
What a blast. Big thanks to Hans Larry and Mark but particular thanks to Louis (and Meredith) for giving me a place to rest my head.

I'm glad Ron has explained his reference to the Indian series he wanted. I thought he was referring to semolina and wondered what it had to do with Toy Soldiers. (probably a combination of accents and my jet lag)

I can only echo the sentiments of other posts as to the great dialogue that was had between everyone on so many wide ranging topics.
Between us I think we had a solution for the Middle East, the Banking Crisis (although some more personal retribution probably needs censoring), and we got close on world hunger.

What did come to light is how people can come together from allover the world and become "old" friends pretty quickly when talking about this hobby.

If I can just say a general HI and thanks to everyone I met.

And leave you with the hilarious image of an extremely tired Brit in the back of a Yellow Cab anxiously hoping not to miss his last flight out, being asked for directions to Newark Airport by the driver as we go through the tolls for the 3rd time.;)

Yours
Clive zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Three more necessary thank yous:

Tim Tyler, who graciously gave me the three most recent John Jenkins Jacobite collection figures (I had ordered them from him, but he refused to let me pay).:)

Ken Osen, who properly applied foliage camouflage to my Honour Bound Sherman Tank (my meager efforts with the foliage camouflage add on set provided by Honour Bound were less than satisfactory).:)

Richard Schuster, who presented Hans, Larry and myself with some beautiful early K&C glossy figures from the 1980's (I got some Afghans to further flesh out my North West Frontier Diorama).:)

So thank you all!

I took several photographs of the various new acquisitions from this weekend, and will e-mail them to Brad with a polite request that he post them.

:rolleyes: it just goes to show.... well done Ron! :)

Out of interest Debrito why do you think Market Garden isn't a good series?
It's a good subject, great sculpts, detailed painting - what's not to like?

Eazy My friend, personally even if I don't collect I can appreciate some eras, pe. AK, Bulge, D-Day etc...

But MG never got my interesting at all, I thought that was only me and I asked my K&C dealer and his said the same, the soldiers don't please the collectors...

Happens to me too, IMO the Fall of Berlin series has the best and the most variation of soldiers sculptures in K&C WWII range, but seems that doesn’t work….and it is DONE…

Rod.

Kiri and I stayed in the City for several more hours and went to the EMPIRE STATE BUILDING and 30 ROCK - did the tourist things we never get a chance to do when we go to NYC.

Lots of fun - I love NYC - that place has a great vibe about it. :D

Any more paws out of the old dog house yet, Ron?:cool::p;):D

Do you think anybody is taken in by it? :)
If it was true the chair really would be against the wall. :)

Seeing Ron charge round the forum that day shouting 'The chair is against the wall,the Chair is against the wall'!.I was laughing so much i thought i may just give birth!:):)

Arnhem is a great series.The quality of the figures is really good 'Advance to contact' is a case in point,poses,detail,action,wonderful set.I think this range will go from strength to strength and i can't wait to see whats replacing the retiring items.

Rob

Eazy My friend, personally even if I don't collect I can appreciate some eras, pe. AK, Bulge, D-Day etc...

But MG never got my interesting at all, I thought that was only me and I asked my K&C dealer and his said the same, the soldiers don't please the collectors...

Happens to me too, IMO the Fall of Berlin series has the best and the most variation of soldiers sculptures in K&C WWII range, but seems that doesn’t work….and it is DONE…

Rod.

Well if this forum is a cross section the poll doesn't bare this out.Also as Andy has said the retiring figures are being retired to be replace with new releases,i'm guessing they are selling well enough.

Rob

Very surprised the Arhnem figures did not do well. I just finally got around to ordering all of them, should arrive soon. And I am excited about doing a scene with them when I get some free time. Alex

Very surprised the Arhnem figures did not do well. I just finally got around to ordering all of them, should arrive soon. And I am excited about doing a scene with them when I get some free time. Alex

Let me put this to bed . . . RON IS PULLING EVERYONE'S LEG AS USUAL. Arnhem is a huge seller, and its not going anywhere. Ron made it up. There is about as much chance of Arnhem being pulled as of K&C making Seminole Indians as the result of Ron's one man campaign.;):D

Let me put this to bed . . . RON IS PULLING EVERYONE'S LEG AS USUAL. Arnhem is a huge seller, and its not going anywhere. Ron made it up. There is about as much chance of Arnhem being pulled as of K&C making Seminole Indians as the result of Ron's one man campaign.;):D

Thank you Louis,that Ron is a very naughty young French dictator!;)

Spoke to Sir Mike Neville the other day and all the retiring sets had flown off the shelves.

Rob

let me put this to bed . . . Ron is pulling everyone's leg as usual. Arnhem is a huge seller, and its not going anywhere. Ron made it up. There is about as much chance of arnhem being pulled as of k&c making seminole indians as the result of ron's one man campaign.;):d

wheeeew !!!!!!!:)

Hi guys, could it be that the market garden range hasn't sold as good so far because of timing. I mean when it came out i was already playing catch up and thought i had time to purchase these, and then this economic crisis hit. I think its a great range and i am sure other do to. Anybody else agree with this hypothesis?

Hi guys, could it be that the market garden range hasn't sold as good so far because of timing. I mean when it came out i was already playing catch up and thought i had time to purchase these, and then this economic crisis hit. I think its a great range and i am sure other do to. Anybody else agree with this hypothesis?

But as Louis says,they are a big seller.As well as Andy wanting to return to this battle there were a large number of collectors who wanted the same.

Rob

Here are the photos. I will let Louis identify them. I will post the remainder tomorrow. Need to go practice guitar.

Attachments

• Symposium 1.JPG
    Symposium 1.JPG
    63.3 KB · Views: 183
  • Symposium 2.JPG
    Symposium 2.JPG
    68.6 KB · Views: 164
  • Symposium 3.JPG
    Symposium 3.JPG
    67.7 KB · Views: 180
  • Symposium 4.JPG
    Symposium 4.JPG