2009 New York Toy Soldier Symposium (2 Viewers)

Here are the photos. I will let Louis identify them. I will post the remainder tomorrow. Need to go practice guitar.

Practice guitar???? Did I read right Brad? Has your son gotten you into guitar?
Good luck if your going to try and start playing your jazz, thats one of the most complicated type of music you,ll ever try and play!
And forget about trying to solo over all those chord changes!!!:eek:
Good luck!
Just curious as to whos teaching you and what your going for as far as goals also if you don,t mind me asking?
I played in rock bands for years growing up and also started to venture into classical and jazz a bit also.

Great photos by the way! Looks like you guys had a great time.

Can anyone else picture Ron at his PC rocking with laughter?:D;)

Rob

What Ron is not telling you is that after the Arnhem sets were retired, he started buying them and said he liked them and that now he's hooked. This is no fib like Ron tells but the god to honest's truth. Ok, Ron, you've been outted.

What Ron is not telling you is that after the Arnhem sets were retired, he started buying them and said he liked them and that now he's hooked. This is no fib like Ron tells but the god to honest's truth. Ok, Ron, you've been outted.

HE DID WHAT!!!!:eek:;)

Rob,

It's no lie. I saw him talking to Andy about it. Will wonders never cease. He's a naughty boy.

Rob,

It's no lie. I saw him talking to Andy about it. Will wonders never cease. He's a naughty boy.

Hey Brad,hope you had a great symposium.I understand we may have two vehicles for the AK on the way?.Any tiny clues as to what they may be?;)

Rob

Rob,

He refused to say and he also wouldn't tell what the next limited edition would be either.

Here are the photos. I will let Louis identify them. I will post the remainder tomorrow. Need to go practice guitar.

Practice guitar???? Did I read right Brad? Has your son gotten you into guitar?
Good luck if your going to try and start playing your jazz, thats one of the most complicated type of music you,ll ever try and play!
And forget about trying to solo over all those chord changes!!!:eek:
Good luck!
Just curious as to whos teaching you and what your going for as far as goals also if you don,t mind me asking?
I played in rock bands for years growing up and also started to venture into classical and jazz a bit also.

Great photos by the way! Looks like you guys had a great time.

Fish,

My son is involved with something called the School of Rock (they have branches all over the country), where kids get together to put on concerts and they also get lessons. The last concert they did was The Doors and now he's involved with Guns & Roses v. Motley Crue.

Anyway, at the Doors concert, the director announced they're doing an adult School of Rock so I shot my mouth off and volunteered as if I didn't have enough going on. The old geezers get together every Thursday night from 830 to 1030 to work on songs and also get a lesson (although my lessons are on Monday). As a rank beginner, I'm trying to learn Dylan's Knock on Heavens Door and I just got the chords last night for Tom Petty's American Girl.

It's fun but not easy, certainly not easy as it looks and it can be a little frustrating but I'm trying to stick with it.

My goal someday is to play jazz guitar but that is a long way off.

Fish,

My son is involved with something called the School of Rock (they have branches all over the country), where kids get together to put on concerts and they also get lessons. The last concert they did was The Doors and now he's involved with Guns & Roses v. Motley Crue.

Anyway, at the Doors concert, the director announced they're doing an adult School of Rock so I shot my mouth off and volunteered as if I didn't have enough going on. The old geezers get together every Thursday night from 830 to 1030 to work on songs and also get a lesson (although my lessons are on Monday). As a rank beginner, I'm trying to learn Dylan's Knock on Heavens Door and I just got the chords last night for Tom Petty's American Girl.

It's fun but not easy, certainly not easy as it looks and it can be a little frustrating but I'm trying to stick with it.

My goal someday is to play jazz guitar but that is a long way off.

Sounds like fun Brad. Practice ,practice, practice!!!:cool:

I think Brad needs to change his avatar to a picture of Hendrix!;)

Rob

Sounds like fun Brad. Practice ,practice, practice!!!:cool:

The key is finding the time. For instance, I have to be away on Wednesday so around 1130 last night, I practiced for a little while and I may take the guitar with me to practice Wednesday night.

The first three photographs are of Figarti's wonderful "Cambrai" M3 Grant from the Battle of El Alemein, courtesy of Clive Gande of Greygoose Collectibles, Figarti's european distributor.

The next two are of the wonderful Culloden Diorama John Jenkins used to unveil his Jacobite Range at the OTSN in Chicago, and kindly presented to me at the Symposium. All of the Jacobites released to date are depicted thereon, including the three most recent releases, courtesy of our good friend Tim Tyler of Troops of Time.

Second set.

The first two photographs in the second set are of the masters of the upcoming strictly limited Churchill Staff Car set and the upcoming Gordon Highlander officer figure, thanks to the generosity of Andy Neilson of K&C.

The next three photographs from the second set depict the wonderful diorama made by Ken and Erika Osen of Britains and Hudson & Allen Studios as a gift for me (they made and presented nearly identical dioramas to the other sponsors, Larry Lo, Hans Hedrich and Mark Hoffman). On the diorama is the Honour Bound 76mm "Al Capone" Sherman with the Honour Bound add on foliage camouflage set as redone with Hudson & Allen foliage by Ken Osen at the Symposium.

Here are more photos (sorry for the delay but I was traveling part of the week).

Attachments

• Symposium 12.JPG
    Symposium 12.JPG
    81 KB · Views: 107
  • Symposium 13.JPG
    Symposium 13.JPG
    67.2 KB · Views: 108
  • Symposium 14.JPG
    Symposium 14.JPG
    75.1 KB · Views: 109
  • Symposium 15.JPG
    Symposium 15.JPG