2009 New York Toy Soldier Symposium (1 Viewer)

Thanks Brad! The last photo in Brad's penultimate post if the Heco Zulu War Heliograph Set some folks have been waiting to see.

Thanks Brad! The last photo in Brad's penultimate post if the Heco Zulu War Heliograph Set some folks have been waiting to see.

Dear Louis, part of the fun in having a mancave, is never having the wife hold it over you for it looking like a mancave..DUST THE STUFF..:D..Michael

Dear Louis, part of the fun in having a mancave, is never having the wife hold it over you for it looking like a mancave..DUST THE STUFF..:D..Michael

Michael,

Join the line of people telling me to dust - its starts with Brad and Tim Tyler, and goes from there. On occasion I do dust, but it is such a huge undertaking (have you ever tried to dust 3,000+ figures, 300+ vehicles and 90+ aircraft in ten showcases and on 18 dioramas?) that I usually give up after a while. Before the symposium I vacuumed, windexed the glass cases and dusted around the figures, I didn't have time to do a better job.

That being said, if you want to come help me dust, I would appreciate the help . . . :p:D

Michael,

Join the line of people telling me to dust - its starts with Brad and Tim Tyler, and goes from there. On occasion I do dust, but it is such a huge undertaking (have you ever tried to dust 3,000+ figures, 300+ vehicles and 90+ aircraft in ten showcases and on 18 dioramas?) that I usually give up after a while. Before the symposium I vacuumed, windexed the glass cases and dusted around the figures, I didn't have time to do a better job.

That being said, if you want to come help me dust, I would appreciate the help . . . :p:D

Sure, mail me the figures, and I will gladly spiff them up for you. You do not even have to count them....Michael

Sure, mail me the figures, and I will gladly spiff them up for you. You do not even have to count them....Michael

The postage on the figures would be make it cheaper for me to send a limo to pick you up and drive you here (where I can keep an eye on the figures, its amazing how they have a tendency to disappear inversely proportionate to the weight gain of visitors to the museum :eek::eek:), but it would be even cheaper to have my cleaning woman to the dusting, so I guess I'll have to ask her . . . :rolleyes::D:p

Louis & Brad,
A double thanx for posting this set....Louis, also for raising awareness (to me at least) of Heco and the really neat stuff they produced. The set looks at home next to that Fort!
Always,
Mike

Louis & Brad,
A double thanx for posting this set....Louis, also for raising awareness (to me at least) of Heco and the really neat stuff they produced. The set looks at home next to that Fort!
Always,
Mike

Mike,

You live in Sussex County, New Jersey . . . why not come by and visit one of these days? In addition to the Heliograph set, I have from Heco 15 WWI Planes, a WWI British Mark IV Tank, a WWII German Tiger Tank, a WWII V1 Buzz Bomb set, a WWII British AEC Matador Lorry, and an airfield Tower with a windsock. I gave a friend of mine who lives within a 5 minute drive a Heco WWI Rolls Royce Halftrack command vehicle and a WWI Rolls Royce Armored Car. If you come by you could have a look at a pretty good sample of what Heco produced.

Mike,

You live in Sussex County, New Jersey . . . why not come by and visit one of these days? In addition to the Heliograph set, I have from Heco 15 WWI Planes, a WWI British Mark IV Tank, a WWII German Tiger Tank, a WWII V1 Buzz Bomb set, a WWII British AEC Matador Lorry, and an airfield Tower with a windsock. I gave a friend of mine who lives within a 5 minute drive a Heco WWI Rolls Royce Halftrack command vehicle and a WWI Rolls Royce Armored Car. If you come by you could have a look at a pretty good sample of what Heco produced.

Louis,
Thanks for the offer! I would love to see your stuff and meet you....Just need work to slow down a little. I guess I shouldn't complain though in this current state of affairs! Soon enough!
Have a Great Weekend!
Mike

Two quick points about dust, first it shows up in photos much more so then

in person. I am often embarrased when I take a few photos, yet in person

the items look fine.

Second those of us with forced hot air homes are at a severe disadvantage

the dust just lands on things daily. It can actually become part of the

surface film after awhile, so it is a real problem.:eek:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back