2016 collectors club models (1 Viewer)

My 114th Pa figure arrived the week after the WB History Symposium. Great figure. Chris

I think for now only those in the UK have received their figures.

Posted yesterday from another thread :-

Hello all,
We have finally gotten all of the data straightened out, fixed the glitches in our new UPS account and everything is shipped!
The next issues should be a snap and I am already working on the Fall Standard.
Thanks for your patience...I hope you like the look of the U.S. Edition of the catalog.
Ken

I think for now only those in the UK have received their figures.

Posted yesterday from another thread :-

Received my club figure here in the States about a week ago. An excellent ACW Zouave of the 114th Penn. Regiment.

Just received an email confirming my order for the club figure and the two other figures I ordered. This a great new feature from WB !!! Love it. Now looking forward to receiving my newest Zulu troops.

Received my club figure here in the States about a week ago. An excellent ACW Zouave of the 114th Penn. Regiment.

I have been patiently awaiting my club figure and Summer 2016 catalogue. It is almost September and down here Summer is coming to a close. Am I the only one to not receive my catalogue and figure? It seems like W. Britain in Europe is first in line or is it just me?

Howard Hulsebosch

Hi Howard
Probably more down to which container ship left China first, one heading for UK and Europe or the one heading for US. Serving the customers in US, Canada, Oz, NZ & rest of world, then how long each is in customs and finally courier firms. Ken has mentioned glitches with courier companies so that's probably was the last hurdle to overcome.
Believe me when I say it usually feels like the other way round with companies in general, in that the US being their major market, so being the one to be served first with the rest of the world second !
One thing is for sure we're still both waiting for new WON releases !
Regards
Steve

Hi Howard
One thing is for sure we're still both waiting for new WON releases !
Regards
Steve

Thanks Steve,
I feel better. I hate to Bother Ken and Erika because I know they have their hands full. I just wanted to know that I was not the only one and had not been forgotten.

Howard

Still waiting here in Canada but confirmation of shipment received. Have you checked your email for a notice?

Got my Club figure and catalogues last weekend and am very pleased. I am excited about the Bushy Run line and the new Tel-el-Kebir line. I hope to see some flagbearers with the Union Jack added to the War on the Nile line. It was some of the last battles where they carried their flags to battle and it adds a lot of color to the battlefield Dio.

Howard

Club figure arrived yesterday along with 2 other Zulus that I missed from past years. Superb quality as to be expected. WTG Britains !!!

Shows how much attention I pay then, although IMO certificates don't mean that much to me.

Certificates don't mean much at all :rolleyes2:....I also think that WB "club figures" should just be sold as all other figures are sold......I just don't see why club membership is required....makes no sense to me

Certificates don't mean much at all :rolleyes2:....I also think that WB "club figures" should just be sold as all other figures are sold......I just don't see why club membership is required....makes no sense to me

Britains has had a collectors club since I was a kid. They have always offered club figures as well as Exclusive sets since inception. It was their way of doing limited editions back in the day when they ran 1000's' of the regular catalog sets because they never retired anything. Today, however, I think it is more marketing than anything else. End of day, you join, for the cost of membership, you get a figure, opportunity to buy other figures, mailings, Standard, etc, it is a good deal.

Now, I personally prefer certificates with the club figures, but I guess that was discarded for some reason this year. I also was slightly annoyed that my original cost of figures when I ordered them was 32, then when they arrived, I was invoiced 35 each. Not that big of a deal, but annoying all the same.

The other thing about limited editions nowadays is that it seems every set is a limited edition, they are not making them in quantities like they used to, so I am not sure how much is truly limited. I do know that on the 300 run sets, they sell pretty quick.

Tom

With out club figures there would be no Club incentive to join, Hence no club. Long live the exclusive club figures and I would pay an additional to reinstate the certificate and photo.

Howard

Users who are viewing this thread

Back