2018 Baseball season (1 Viewer)

Phillies/Mets, Doofin Rays/MFY's snowed out today.............unbelievable.

Believe it. There are a couple of shots I snapped from the passenger window of my wife's Jeep Wrangler on the Long Island Expressway this morning:

Attachments

• April Fools a Day Late 2.jpg
    April Fools a Day Late 2.jpg
    133.4 KB · Views: 67
  • April Fools a Day Late 1.jpg
    April Fools a Day Late 1.jpg
    104.7 KB · Views: 68
Believe it. There are a couple of shots I snapped from the passenger window of my wife's Jeep Wrangler on the Long Island Expressway this morning:

It snowed and you didn't take that Sherman tank of yours? Mad Max would be disappointed.

After starting 2-0 by winning two games 1-0 the Giants have now been outscored 14-0 in their last 2 games.

It is way too early to tell if offense is going to be a problem in 2018 as they have some big bats in their lineup. However, even if they come alive the pitching must improve as I don't see them scoring 10 runs a game.

I can see the O's going 1-9 real easy at this point...oh well, at least we got that 1st win out of the way.

As bad as the pitching looks the Orioles have 7 of 9 starters hitting 150 or less....with 3 starters hitting 000...gonna be a LON%GGGGGGGGGG @#$%&*%%$$#@#%%^+×=/<&:#×÷YEAR.

As bad as the pitching looks the Orioles have 7 of 9 starters hitting 150 or less....with 3 starters hitting 000...gonna be a LON%GGGGGGGGGG @#$%&*%%$$#@#%%^+×=/<&:#×÷YEAR.

The O's have 6 runs in 2018, the Giants have 2. Tough way to start the year for teams in orange and black.

It snowed and you didn't take that Sherman tank of yours? Mad Max would be disappointed.

It’s in the shop. Some genius backed into it in a parking lot and took off. It is having rear corner armor installed (making it more like a Sherman Tank) 😎

It’s in the shop. Some genius backed into it in a parking lot and took off. It is having rear corner armor installed (making it more like a Sherman Tank) 😎

Check with the store Louis, there are a billion cameras out there now, guaranteed it's on film somewhere.

As Sammy and Jason have pointed out, the O's are having a few issues at the moment. Outside of Bundy, the SP hasn't performed well, not a real shock considering past history but it was a disappointment to see Gausman repeat his typical early season problems and a real letdown to see Tillman get hit all over the park. Still, it is only 4 games so the SP has a chance to round into shape. The hitting is of major concern, even if only 4 games in, because NO ONE is hitting. Machado leads the regulars at .231, no other regular over .188, and the team hitting .134 with 6 whole RBI's. Not gonna get it done. Too many good hitters on the O's for this to continue for too long, but looking at the schedule, Sammy's concern about a 1-9 start is not without merit. Two more games in Houston and then 11 straight against the NYY's, Toronto, and Boston, (with only the 3 against Toronto at home), could leave the O's buried from the get-go if the SP and hitting don't come around fast. No panic yet, but check back after April 16 to see if we O's fans have taken to the life boats. {sm2} -- Al

Last edited:
After starting 2-0 by winning two games 1-0 the Giants have now been outscored 14-0 in their last 2 games.

It is way too early to tell if offense is going to be a problem in 2018 as they have some big bats in their lineup. However, even if they come alive the pitching must improve as I don't see them scoring 10 runs a game.
As with the O's, it's way to early to panik (har-har), but 2 runs in 4 games is a real concern. As with the O's, too many good bats for this to last, but an early slump is not ideal if SF wants to stay close until Bums and Samardzija get back. The pitching hasn't been bad, but no one can win scoring 0 runs. Just need to get the hitters cranked up. -- Al

As Sammy and Jason have pointed out, the O's are having a few issues at the moment. Outside of Bundy, the SP hasn't performed well, not a real shock considering past history but it was a disappointment to see Gausman repeat his typical early season problems and a real letdown to see Tillman get hit all over the park. Still, it is only 4 games so the SP has a chance to round into shape. The hitting is of major concern, even if only 4 games in, because NO ONE is hitting. Machado leads the regulars at .231, no other regular over .188, and the team hitting .134 with 6 whole RBI's. Not gonna get it done. Too many good hitters on the O's for this to continue for too long, but looking at the schedule, Sammy's concern about a 1-9 start is not without merit. Two more games in Houston and then 11 straight against the NYY's, Toronto, and Boston, (with only the 3 against Toronto at home), could leave the O's buried from the get-go if the SP and hitting don't come around fast. No panic yet, but check back after April 16 to see if we O's fans have taken to the life boats. {sm2} -- Al

I already have my life vest on, kinda like the Titanic right now ...do I get in a life boat and get off the sinking ship or wait it out for a while to see what happens ....at this rate, I'll be 1st in the life boat!!!!!!

Oi, Bravos got pounded last night by Ole Fauxhawk and the dang Gnats.{eek3}

No disrespect intended but the Os were not supposed to be that good. Most picked them to win somewhere between 71 to 75 games. Their over/under is 71.5.

No disrespect intended but the Os were not supposed to be that good. Most picked them to win somewhere between 71 to 75 games. Their over/under is 71.5.
Very true. The O's have the hitters to be competitive, it all depends on whether the starting pitchers can come around and do an adequate job. -- Al

The Mets are participating in a Facebook only broadcast tomorrow. So, notwithstanding I pay extra so I can see Mets games on SNY, I only get to see the game if I watch Facebook. F that. Bleepin’ unbelievable. There’s supposed to be rain tomorrow so I hope the stupid game is rained out.

Here’s the schedule for upcoming FB games (all times ET):

• Wednesday, April 4: PHI-NYM, 1:10 p.m.
• Wednesday, April 11: MIL-STL, 1:15 p.m.
• Wednesday, April 18: KC-TOR, 4:07 p.m.
• Thursday, April 26: ARI-PHI, 1:05 p.m.
• Thursday, May 3: LAD-ARI, 3:40 p.m.
• Thursday, May 10: SF-PHI, 1:05 p.m.
• Wednesday, May 16: TEX-SEA, 3:40 p.m.
• Thursday, May 24: LAA-TOR, 12:37 p.m.
• Wednesday, May 30: STL-MIL, 1:10 p.m.

Very true. The O's have the hitters to be competitive, it all depends on whether the starting pitchers can come around and do an adequate job. -- Al

The LET'S GO O'S!! outlook since 1983...................

Something about playing Seattle as the Giants' home opener doesn't seem right?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back