2018 Baseball season (11 Viewers)

Evidently, being 6'7" tall is an advantage playing RF in NY.:rolleyes2: -- Al

Yeah, I thought the umps would overturn the play by ruling that the path to the plate was blocked. I guess I need to review the rule because it sure looked blocked to me. But I'll take it.:wink2: -- Al

Al, as a RS fan all I have to say is (one of George's favorite baseball season expressions) "Let's Go O's"! ^&grin

B.

Disclaimer: "Let's GO O's" chant is only in effect during O's/MFY games ..... definitely NOT in effect during RS/O's games.:wink2:

Oh, what to do with all you non-believers? Much too early to trash the O's season. Even the SP is beginning to look like it might reach the dizzying heights of a contending team. Let's Go O's! ^&grin -- Al

Yeah, I thought the umps would overturn the play by ruling that the path to the plate was blocked. I guess I need to review the rule because it sure looked blocked to me. But I'll take it.:wink2: -- Al
Late in the game, 13th or 14th inning, the O's announcers explained the ruling on the play at the plate. The rule is written specifically to the catcher not being allowed to block the plate. No other player (pitcher included) is excluded from blocking the plate on a play there. Good to know as I thought no one was allowed to block the plate. -- Al

The Yankees are off to a less than stirling start. They seem to score runs in bunches or otherwise struggle. When you can't score runs, the pitching has to be effective and the relief pitching has been iffy. I'm also not sold on Boone as manager. I'm not seeing a lot there just yet.

On the other hand I like what I'm seeing from Callaway and have been pleasantly surprised with the Mets start. Even Hansel Robles, who I gave up for dead, has been effective. The key there may be the manager telling him that he wasn't going to do anymore quick pitches because it disrupted his pitching rhythm. Everyone looks good when they're winning. You find out who good someone is when your team is in a or five game losing streak.

A great series win by the Mets against the Nats today. I keep loving what Callaway is doing ^&cool

A great series win by the Mets against the Nats today. I keep loving what Callaway is doing ^&cool
Mets pitching looking really good. Last season is done, this season's version of the Mets is a dangerous team. -- Al

Al, I wouldn't go that far yet because it's early, not to mention the Nats don't have Murphy yet; he's a difference maker, st least as far as the Mets are concerned. However, no complaints!

Astros host Padres game 2 of 3 tonight...
0-0...
10th inning...
Astros got a man on second...
2 outs...
pop fly mile high...
10 feet in front of home plate...
pitcher...catcher...first baseman...
all rush the ball and look at each other...
nobody fields it...
ball drops to ground...
2nd base runner scores...
Astros win...
what a laugher...
unreal...

Something called a Yacamonis got shelled today vs the MFY's, whatever he is has a sterling ERA of 27.00.............guess he's got two pitches; balls and home runs.

What a tomato can.

It’s Yacabonis. It was his first action of the season and in one inning of work he gave up three runs. Since ERA is based upon runs per inning over nine innings that works out to 27.00, but I think you knew that.

It’s Yacabonis. It was his first action of the season and in one inning of work he gave up three runs. Since ERA is based upon runs per inning over nine innings that works out to 27.00, but I think you knew that.

"It was his first action of the season"..............he's off to a great start.

No where to go but up.

He'll one day be remembered as one of the greats; Koufax, Gibson, Palmer, Clemens............Yactabebenifutchy......................in Cuban, his last name means tomato can.

No such language as Cuban, it’s Spanish, and he’s not Cuban.

Nothing like beating the Dodgers in extra innings. McCutchen was clutch and has quickly become a fan favorite.

No such language as Cuban, it’s Spanish, and he’s not Cuban.

You seem to know an awful lot about this particular fella.

Cousin?

Nephew?

Make sure you keep us updated on his exploits throughout the baseball season, although a few more outings like yesterday and next thing you know, he'll be asking you if you want fries with that.

You seem to know an awful lot about this particular fella.

Cousin?

Nephew?

Make sure you keep us updated on his exploits throughout the baseball season, although a few more outings like yesterday and next thing you know, he'll be asking you if you want fries with that.

I hear he hails from Westwood, Mass and used to sell toy soldiers. No relation, right? :wink2: :rolleyes2:

He did well in the Os minor league system but not so well with the big club. Maybe the Os will trade him and he will become the next Cy Young.

By the way, Spanish for tomato can is lata de tomate. I'm sure you were dying to know that. Now, the next time you go to el barrió and are looking for some tomatoes to make pasta you'll be all set.

By the way, Spanish for tomato can is lata de tomate. I'm sure you were dying to know that.

Actually, that's awesome, it's lata de tomate from now on, I'll throw you a buck everytime I use it.............;).........

And I'm sure this kid will be fine; as much as we often say so and so is terrible, this one is awful, the fact is any pro athlete is in the top 1% of his or her given sport.

Just to get to the show is a huge accomplishment truth be told.

I got as far as the Cape League for two summers, never got drafted, never even made A ball, so anyone who gets to the majors is an elite athlete.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back