2018 Baseball season (4 Viewers)

Actually, Jimmy Yacabonis is a 26 y.o. born in NJ, USA. He's been in the O's system since 2013 and yesterday was his 15th game is the majors, 1st this season. He has a grand total of 22 innings in the majors. We'll see what his future brings. -- Al

Nothing like beating the Dodgers in extra innings. McCutchen was clutch and has quickly become a fan favorite.
Good to see Cutch get going. Giants have done well, actually staying ahead of and beating the Dodgers is a big plus, especially since they are doing it while short SP. Glad to see it. -- Al

Actually, Jimmy Yacabonis is a 26 y.o. born in NJ, USA. He's been in the O's system since 2013 and yesterday was his 15th game is the majors, 1st this season. He has a grand total of 22 innings in the majors. We'll see what his future brings. -- Al
Short visit, got optioned back already. -- Al

George's favorite player is history {eek3} Say it ain't so :(
He was just brought up for the day, to boost a worn bullpen after the marathon the previous night. I'm sure he'll be back a few times. Buck loves pitchers with options. Musical chairs in the bullpen is a must for him. -- Al

May be a bit early to jump on the Ohtani bandwagon, but he looks like the real deal. Just had a no-hitter broken up after 6.1 innings. Angels might have a real pitcher on their hands.^&cool -- Al

Os won a game they had to have, in my opinion. The weekend would have been a waste had they split.

O's take 3 of 4 in NY, more games than they won in NY all last year. Maybe they can start their run for the flag now. Safe to say that at least they have saved their season for a few more games. -- Al

O's take 3 of 4 in NY, more games than they won in NY all last year. Maybe they can start their run for the flag now. Safe to say that at least they have saved their season for a few more games. -- Al

I know it's super early, but wow, Red Sox score 6 runs in the bottom of the 8th after being down 7-2 to come back to win 8-7 while the MFYs blow a bases loaded chance and lose to the LET'S GO O'S!! as Stanton strikes out 5 times.

Wow, he's really tearing up the AL now isn't he.

Hey, I'm sure the gashouse gorillas will still win the division and all, but ain't gonna lie, this is awesome so far.

Might have been a real boneheaded idea to fire Joe and replace him with a bozo who's never managed a game in the big leagues.

Time will tell.....................

And to further this, a friend of mine who's a MFY fan just called me ranting and raving about how crappy Boone has been so far, including today where he totally mismanaged the bullpen...............he said "making this moron their manager would be like if I handed the keys of a Porsche to my 16 year old as his first car"...........kind of like that, might have to get that on a tee shirt.

Again, WAY early in the season, but so far, me likey....................

Last edited:
The announcers on the Sunday night baseball game are awful. It may not be the commentators but the play by play person. There is just no rhythm or feeling to the broadcast. When you have your team’s broadcasters calling the game (be they, in this case, the Mets or Nationals broadcasters), the game has a feeling to it.

The announcers on the Sunday night baseball game are awful. It may not be the commentators but the play by play person. There is just no rhythm or feeling to the broadcast. When you have your team’s broadcasters calling the game (be they, in this case, the Mets or Nationals broadcasters), the game has a feeling to it.
Brad, I got about 1 inning in and hit the mute button. Watching the game in silence. ^&cool -- Al

Sometimes I try to sync the radio guys with the TV.
Oddly enough, for whatever reason, I can't get the Nats radio broadcast worth a crap in my area, nor the O's for that matter. I must be in a twilight zone for radio reception. :rolleyes2: -- Al

I don't understand how you can put yourself into a position to be picked off with Harper at the plate in a tie game.

I don't understand how you can put yourself into a position to be picked off with Harper at the plate in a tie game.
Stupid, that's how. The Nats were terrible on the bases last year and it seems they have picked right up where they left off. They ran themselves out of many innings last year and they've done it a few times already this year. It's very aggravating. One would hope they would learn but it doesn't appear so. -- Al

Mets defense is putrid tonight. I thought Harper was safe.

Sometimes I try to sync the radio guys with the TV.

I do the same as best I can since John Miller is the Giants' radio voice. If I can't sync it I will even turn off the TV and only listen to the radio.

Hand it to the Mets, they came into DC and swept the Nats. Now to see if the Nats can get their act together against the Braves, who just beat the Nats 2 of 3 before the Mets series. We sure aren't playing well right now. Sure glad we're only 9 games into the season or I might be inclined to be critical but there is plenty of time to correct things.:wink2: -- Al

No one is more surprised than me about this weekend’s results, particularly yesterday. I think it will be a wake up call for the Nats. The Eastern Division is going to be tougher than anticipated, what with the Braves playing well and the Phillies being better this year.

No one is more surprised than me about this weekend’s results, particularly yesterday. I think it will be a wake up call for the Nats. The Eastern Division is going to be tougher than anticipated, what with the Braves playing well and the Phillies being better this year.

Brad:

I am keeping my eye on that division. Lots of good teams playing some real good baseball right now.

Plus I think a mini rivalry like the Mets and Nats have going is good for the league.

-Jason

Users who are viewing this thread

Back