21 Piece Marching band (3 Viewers)

MarkeytMaker

Sergeant Major
I'm considering purchasing the LAH097 (21 piece marching band) it has a price of $599. Any suggestions...comments? I like boxes and it states that it comes with it's own special box...does anyone have a pic of this box?

Markey

Hi Markey

The box is a large version of the LAH picture box's there is no specific specilness about it. It is a two layer foam lazer cut insert.

and Brad it is quiet a few collectors 'sort of thing'

regards

Tony

Not my sort of thing Tony. Prefer to avoid the goosesteppers in my collection. Yeah, I know, all the disclaimers, ectera, ectera, ectera :rolleyes:

Not my sort of thing Tony. Prefer to avoid the goosesteppers in my collection. Yeah, I know, all the disclaimers, ectera, ectera, ectera :rolleyes:
At this point in my collecting I have found alot of interest in these items...Im certainly no Nazi lover but surely a King & Country fan of these beutifully detailed pieces, especially the drummer horseman, flag bearers and vehicles.

It's a great looking set. I just picked up another set of lah buildings to expand my parade. The navy figures also look awesome marching.i love marching sets. I also have the tradition impereal guard band and than thanks to bill moore i acquired the frontline imperael guard band and buildings. I also have the frontline parade dress bands which were actually my first bands. Has any one acquired the 8th army band and marchers yet. I was wondering how they looked in person

It's a great looking set. I just picked up another set of lah buildings to expand my parade. The navy figures also look awesome marching.i love marching sets. I also have the tradition impereal guard band and than thanks to bill moore i acquired the frontline imperael guard band and buildings. I also have the frontline parade dress bands which were actually my first bands. Has any one acquired the 8th army band and marchers yet. I was wondering how they looked in person

I am not even going to say how many LAH 30's I bought. The parades set up so well, the band can only add to any diorama you create of this genre.

EA marching bad is very well done,especially with the churchill staff car you will like it.... I also like Marching Sets........I decided however to pass on the LAH marching band too expensive and too much LAH for me.....I have some LAH in my collection so it is not a "emotional"/ moral issue for me.....If it were.... I would not collect "ANY" WWII German figures or AFV's.....Collecting some LAH does not make you a Nazi storm trooper.

EA marching bad is very well done,especially with the churchill staff car you will like it.... I also like Marching Sets........I decided however to pass on the LAH marching band too expensive and too much LAH for me.....I have some LAH in my collection so it is not a "emotional"/ moral issue for me.....If it were.... I would not collect "ANY" WWII German figures or AFV's.....Collecting some LAH does not make you a Nazi storm trooper.

Thank god for that i have HEAPS of LAH and want more the parade figures look awesome and that band is a must.

Last edited by a moderator:
LAH is one of KC's best lines and is what drew me to collect KC in the first place. The LAH band is a great set and really adds some variety to that line.

Its all about personal preference and personal taste and thanks to the allied victory in 1945 we are free to do whatever we like (within the law of course;)).The reason I do not collect the LAH is two reasons really.First for me they seem to represent a celebration of the Nazi ideals and secondly I prefer my figures in action poses.Many folk have said to me how then can you collect the fighting Nazi figures?.Well the only way I can explain it is that 'they are the enemy',they were the ones we had to beat to ensure a free world.Also as an History enthusiast I can appreciate military prowess in all its forms,and the German army had plenty of that.The German army had skilled soldiers and leaders and superb fighting machines and I really enjoy collecting them,all the time safe in the knowledge that we the right side won.:):cool:

So bring on the Grey Tiger Andy;)

Rob

For me The LAH series is all about the symbolism and pageantry of the Nazis
which I have no intersest in so I dont collect it .
I,ve got nothing against those that do , but i,d rather have the Blackwatch
on parade in my collection.

The flip side of the discussion is that the LAH series does not glorify the Nazi movement but is a chilling reminder of the evil ideals of the Nazi party......I hope that in our enthusiasm to collect German WWII war "fighting soldiers" that we do do forget what they "also represent"......Set up your LAH figures next to the fighting figures and you will look at the fighting figures and AFV's differently.......

Its good to see someone who collects LAH say that it helps remind them of the evil behind the regime,that can only be a good thing.As long as we all keep sight of this there is no harm in collecting anything.Also to widen it a bit,I know some folk don't like to collect dead or wounded sets as this they feel goes too far,personally I enjoy these figures as again they are a reminder,a reminder of the sacrifice made for us by a previous generation.

Rob

I agree completely Rob.....For me the LAH series represents the historical political un-rest in a country sufferring thru a severe economic depression....It is a reminder of the political deception and evil doctrines that preceeds most wars.....An evil ideology that had it's inception as far back as the early 30's......No one gave it much attention or halted the movement....."appeasement" as we know did not work.....

i like the music, although it is not quite as good as the bagpipes, lynard skynard or the rolling stones

To me LAH097 is just another colorful marching band
My son told me Dad it's history ok i said
Mike my Jewish freind ,to him it represent NEVER FORGET
I guess it's how u look at it and what it represent

Its all about personal preference and personal taste and thanks to the allied victory in 1945 we are free to do whatever we like (within the law of course;)).The reason I do not collect the LAH is two reasons really.First for me they seem to represent a celebration of the Nazi ideals and secondly I prefer my figures in action poses.Many folk have said to me how then can you collect the fighting Nazi figures?.Well the only way I can explain it is that 'they are the enemy',they were the ones we had to beat to ensure a free world.Also as an History enthusiast I can appreciate military prowess in all its forms,and the German army had plenty of that.The German army had skilled soldiers and leaders and superb fighting machines and I really enjoy collecting them,all the time safe in the knowledge that we the right side won.:):cool:

So bring on the Grey Tiger Andy;)

Rob

Rob, My feelings precisely. Thank you for the fine articulation :).

Joe

Buying the SS marching band doesn’t condone Nazism anymore than buying a beer condones alcoholism.

Let me just say that I don't condone any of the war crimes they committed, I just like the logo. I love history, and the Third Reich/WW2 happens to be my favorite area of study. In my opinion, the Nazi's had the best looking uniforms, insignias, vehicles, equipment, etc.

I must say it is enlightening when someone as yourself comes out and says exactly why they collect what they collect.It helps others understand.Whilst it is human nature to be interested in all parts of History,in this case some of its darkest,its also human nature to wonder why someone would have an avatar like that.Open and honest dialogue is very important.

Rob, My feelings precisely. Thank you for the fine articulation :).

Joe

Thanks Joe:)

Rob

Brad, I must admit that I share and understand your views. Especially on a public forum.....However I do believe that the LAH series is historically significant....and in that context "ONLY" ......Best regards Frank

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back