2nd US Cavalry - 1863 (1 Viewer)

GICOP

Four Star General
2nd US Cavalry, with the distinctive orange trim to their uniforms, in pursuit of Reb Cavalry

This is the full set of 2nd US Cavalry figures produced by Trophy of Wales

Cheers

Martyn:)

2nd US Cavalry, with the distinctive orange trim to their uniforms, in pursuit of Reb Cavalry

Cheers

Very nice Martyn!^&cool^&cool

Best

Rob

Cheers

Once again Martyn as always I enjoy seeing your new additions for the second time after receiving a sneak peak of them an I've no doubt our fellow members enjoy them as well as they make their first appearance on the forum.:salute:::salute:::salute::

Martyn

A beautiful set of figures and one of my favourite Union Cavalry regiments.

Here's a picture from my library and no doubt you know that the orange piping originated when they were formed as the 2nd Dragoons during the Seminole Wars. They were allowed to wear those at the outbreak of war until their tunics wore out. Although legend has it some of the troopers were still wearing the orange flashing right up until mid 1863 at a little Pennsylvania town called Gettysburg...you might have heard of it ^&grin

Bob

Martyn

Here's a picture from my library and no doubt you know that the orange piping originated when they were formed as the 2nd Dragoons during the Seminole Wars. They were allowed to wear those at the outbreak of war until their tunics wore out. Although legend has it some of the troopers were still wearing the orange flashing right up until mid 1863 at a little Pennsylvania town called Gettysburg...you might have heard of it ^&grin

Bob

The classic Troiani print. He is the best. ^&cool -- Al

Cheers

Beautiful figures, Martyn. But I have an aversion to Yankee Blue. It gives me hives. Got any in Southern Gray?:wink2:^&grin -- Al

I have several Rebs (as well as Union) Al as does Martyn. I will try to get some photos up this weekend.

Brad

Once again Martyn as always I enjoy seeing your new additions for the second time after receiving a sneak peak of them an I've no doubt our fellow members enjoy them as well as they make their first appearance on the forum.:salute:::salute:::salute::

Many thanks Joe, glad you liked them :salute::

Cheers mate

Martyn

Bob

Glad you liked the figures Bob :salute:: and many thanks for posting that great picture and the information about the orange flashing {bravo}}

Cheers

Beautiful figures, Martyn. But I have an aversion to Yankee Blue. It gives me hives. Got any in Southern Gray?:wink2:^&grin -- Al

Many thanks Al ^&grin :salute:: I'll have to see what I can come up with :wink2:

Cheers

Martyn, Brad, I look forward to any pictures of the Confederate Gray that you can post.:salute:: -- Al

Martyn, very nice your ACW is going quite nicely,
Brian

Here are some of my Confederate Cavalry. I have recently acquired some more, plus I have several Union Cavalry.

IMG_1183.JPGIMG_1180.JPGIMG_1181.JPGIMG_1186.JPG

There we go. Fine figures and pictures of the men in gray. Brad, thanks for posting the pictures and the link. -- Al

Users who are viewing this thread

Back