6 Day War (1 Viewer)

I think the tank should be $18!!!!!!! {sm3}

"There have been various mystical numerological speculations about the fact that, according to the system of gematria, the letters of chai add up to 18 (see "Lamedvavniks" etc.). For this reason, 18 is a spiritual number in Judaism, and many Jews give gifts of money in multiples of 18 as a result."

More like $180.... But in all seriousness, I will buy them all.

Really looking forward to this new range, will be interesting to see who the first opposition to the IDF will be.

Did I hear the tank is $18? Is that right? Wow....

I wish for M48 and if K&C could also make the French light tank AMX-13, as it was used also in the 6 day war.

With the AMX-13, they can then make a second version donning Singapore insignia. Am sure a lot of collectors from Singapore will buy it.

Rgds,Chris

If my hearing was right it was $35US the figures with female soldier free if you purchase all figures and the tank was $299US

Andy didn't mention additional figures or vehicles but like a lot of things I would suggest if the series is successful more will be offered.

Always interested in the Middle East Conflict certainly the 6 day war so is a series I will be collecting

Fingers crossed that the $35 figures make an appearance in other series and is great to see Andy taking steps to address affordability

Mark

Perhaps some displaced Palestinians?

A controversial series to say the least.

I suppose the appearance of the enemy might follow a chronological order but where does that begin and end given that you could start with the Romans and still miss some people out! I suppose that if you took a limited view of the course of the war it might start with the attacks conducted against Israel by Palestinian guerrilla groups based in Syria, Lebanon, and Jordan and the subsequent Israeli reprisals. You could then move on to the Egyptian army and its allies. Perhaps failing that, Andy might choose to do all of Israel's enemies. He could start with the UN.

Gents, don't forget that this forum does not allow for political discussion. Let's stick to the toy soldiers please.

Gents, don't forget that this forum does not allow for political discussion. Let's stick to the toy soldiers please.

Peter

I see that the Israelis aren't the only ones prepared to launch a pre-emptive strike!

Jack

During the 6 Day War, I was in Viet Nam working security for combat engineers in the Central Highlands, out of Pleiku. I was the only Jew for miles around but my buddies in the commo section kept me informed daily about the war.

Wow this new series looks fantastic. I've been collecting mainly WWII but this 6 Day War series is now a must have too. My WWII collection is going to have to share space with the new Romans and Israelis. Looks like I'll need to be working some more overtime to pay for it all! :)

Wow this new series looks fantastic. I've been collecting mainly WWII but this 6 Day War series is now a must have too. My WWII collection is going to have to share space with the new Romans and Israelis. Looks like I'll need to be working some more overtime to pay for it all! :)

If only the Israelis had Galils when they fought the Romans....

Looking forward to seeing some up close shots of the figures. From afar I can say the poses look great, but want to study in better detail especially since there is a price reduction for these specific figures.

Joe

This brings up something I have been pondering for a while: why are there no toy soldier shops in Israel? To say history is valued there would be an understatement. I'm sure Jewish Israelis would love this series as well as Ready for Action's 1948 series. Christians and tourists would love the Life of Jesus series, and there are so many tourists and Israelis from so many nations that a few other series would likely do quite well (Australian Light Horse, Russian WWII, American Revolution, British & American WWII).

On top of all that, people would clamor for an Ancient Israelite series. Imagine Bar Kochba rebels to face the Romans or Maccabees to face the Greeks!

This brings up something I have been pondering for a while: why are there no toy soldier shops in Israel? To say history is valued there would be an understatement. I'm sure Jewish Israelis would love this series as well as Ready for Action's 1948 series. Christians and tourists would love the Life of Jesus series, and there are so many tourists and Israelis from so many nations that a few other series would likely do quite well (Australian Light Horse, Russian WWII, American Revolution, British & American WWII).

On top of all that, people would clamor for an Ancient Israelite series. Imagine Bar Kochba rebels to face the Romans or Maccabees to face the Greeks!

Maybe because the Israelis are constantly under the threat of war and terrorism they don't want to be reminded! However, I agree that many would love to honor their history with some heroic figures.
I have a relative who was a tank commander in the 1967 War and I am going to send him a complete set for his 85th Birthday.
I think you might be right about the LOJ figures for all the Christian tourists who visit the "Holy Land"......

As Kc is doing the romans it would be nice to see a serie about " Masada".

I been pestering Andy for years to do something like this. The potential is unlimited. The capture of the Old City, the Golan Heights and the Sinai could keep this series expanding for a very long time. All I can say is thank you Andy

Users who are viewing this thread

Back