77th annual MFCA Show and Mart-May 4th & 5th, 2018 (1 Viewer)

theBaron

Major
The 77th annual Miniature Figure Collectors of America Show and Mart will be held this year on Friday and Saturday, May 4th and 5th, 2018, at the Radisson Philadelphia-Northeast. Come and join us in our second year at our new venue, which drew many favorable comments from patrons and vendors alike. With the Chicago World Expo behind us, we will see more exhibitors and vendors return, who couldn't make our show last year.

Hours are noon to 5PM Friday, and 9AM to 4PM Saturday, with show awards announced at 5PM.

You can find more details about the show here at the show page at our website.

We look forward to seeing all of our old friends, and meeting new ones, at this year's show.

Best regards,
the members of the MFCA

Artists Preservation Group tour at the MFCA Show

Hear ye, hear ye!
The Artists Preservation Group is announcing its historical tour being held in conjunction with the 2018 MFCA Show.

On May 4 2018 the APG will be sponsoring a day long visit to the City of Philadelphia. The visit will center around two tours. The first tour will be to Independence Hall followed later that day by a tour of the new Museum of the American Revolution. The tours are being scheduled so that not only will you have plenty of free time in the Philadelphia Historic District but we will also be able to get together at Sonny’s Famous Steaks, voted one of the top 10 Philly Cheese Steak Restaurants in Philadelphia for lunch.

We will carpool to downtown Philadelphia and back to the hotel. Volunteers will be needed.

Schedule
Depart hotel at 7:30 am
Scheduled group visit to Independence Hall TBA
Scheduled group visit to The Museum of the American Revolution 1:00PM
Return to hotel at 3:30pm
Fee $35 per person. $30 for APG members.

You must have a reservation so don’t wait. A limited number of tickets are available.
Contact Mike Stelzel at usmcmks@aol.com

Re: 77th annual MFCA Show and Mart-May 4th & 5th, 2018-VENDOR EMAILS SENT

Vendor emails just went out. Snail mail will take a little longer to put together and send.

If you are a vendor who would like to take tables at our show, and you are not currently on the email list, please send an email to sozmfca10@gmail.com and we'll add you to the list.

Prost!
Brad

Is this show going to have a lot of vendors this year ??? Was @ the 2016 show and it was disappointing..

Is this show going to have a lot of vendors this year ??? Was @ the 2016 show and it was disappointing..

Sorry you feel that way. Did you visit the exhibition, too?

The vendor invitations were just sent out a couple of weeks ago, and we're only starting to get replies. So it's far too early to give a count. As we get replies, we'll update the list online on this page at our website: http://www.mfcashow.com/vendors.html

Best regards,
Brad

I think the show being smaller last year had a lot to do with the world expo in the USA in the same year. Many people weren’t able to do both. I am very much looking forward to this years show. Always one of my favorites!

I think the show being smaller last year had a lot to do with the world expo in the USA in the same year. Many people weren’t able to do both. I am very much looking forward to this years show. Always one of my favorites!

Zach and I will be there what more do you need????????????????????????/ :):p

TD

I'm looking forward to getting to see you guys in person at the show!

Prost!
Brad

It looks like that May will be quite the Toy Soldier month for me ^&grin
The MFCA Show in early May and the Texas Show by the end of May.

I just booked flight and hotel for the 77th MFCA Show.
Will be arriving at the airport on Friday morning around 9:25 and leaving Sunday morning.
Looking forward to 2 fun-filled days, and nights :smile2:, packed with Toy Soldiers, the painters competition, meeting forum friends and in particular John Jenkins who will display/promote some of his upcoming work.

What would be the best way to get from the airport to the Radisson Hotel?
My guess would be a Taxi?
Anyone else arriving around mid morning, so we might take a taxi together?

Can’t wait!

Konrad

Health permitting, I hope to be there. My first ever Toy Soldier Show.
Randy

That would be great, Randy. I would love to meet you in person and then we can talk about the main woman in our lives - Meredith. :).

That would be great, Randy. I would love to meet you in person and then we can talk about the main woman in our lives - Meredith. :).

How old is she now? And is she still in Syracuse?
When I knew her she made me think of Georgia O'Keeffe
See photo below

Looking forward to meeting you too and my online buddy Mark REVWARBUFF

Attachments

• IMG_5344.JPG
    IMG_5344.JPG
    70.9 KB · Views: 419
Last edited:
I'm thrilled to announce that John Jenkins will visit our show this year. John will premiere a new series of figures from the American Revolution. I'm looking forward to getting to visit with John myself, and I hope you fans of John's work will be able to come to the show, too.

Prost!
Brad

I am looking forward to attending as always Brad. Your show is the highlight of my year!

Things are shaping up such that many forum members who live elsewhere in the US and haven't been to the show before may wind up coming this year.

How nice it will be to see even more of our fellow Treefroggers in attendance.

John Jenkins' presence and all the new models he plans to display, the great vendor section and the artist exhibit area is just too much to imagine. This will really be great!

Can't wait....

Mark

I just made my reservations! This is my first time attending this show. Excited to see John and what he has planned for his Drums Along The Mohawk series. Also looking forward to meeting some of the Treefroggers there.

Travis

Andreas

This is the photo of Georgia Okeefe that reminds me of Meredith

Randy

Attachments

• IMG_5360.JPG
    IMG_5360.JPG
    94.2 KB · Views: 331
  • IMG_5361.JPG
    IMG_5361.JPG
    70.9 KB · Views: 332
Yes, still a very influential person. If we were just into building churches with stain glass windows from 1100 to 1400, France or Italy, we would be golden.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back