A Desert Pounding (Dio) (1 Viewer)

wwiibuff

Lieutenant Colonel
Here's the old EA04 25 LB Gun and Crew. A favorite of mine from the past.

Attachments

• IMG_0682.JPG
    IMG_0682.JPG
    94.9 KB · Views: 370
  • IMG_0712.JPG
    IMG_0712.JPG
    92.1 KB · Views: 370
  • IMG_0714.JPG
    IMG_0714.JPG
    80.6 KB · Views: 372
  • IMG_0706.JPG
    IMG_0706.JPG
    89.7 KB · Views: 366
  • IMG_0731.JPG
    IMG_0731.JPG
    96.3 KB · Views: 366
a few more

Attachments

• IMG_0740.JPG
    IMG_0740.JPG
    95.5 KB · Views: 257
  • IMG_0696.JPG
    IMG_0696.JPG
    96.6 KB · Views: 258
  • IMG_0711.JPG
    IMG_0711.JPG
    96.5 KB · Views: 256
  • IMG_0728.JPG
    IMG_0728.JPG
    94.7 KB · Views: 256
  • IMG_0736.JPG
    IMG_0736.JPG
    84.6 KB · Views: 258
I love you dirorama, as I served on these gunes in the 1970's but I'm SO disapointed in the detailing of it, and the poses of the gunners.

Lets hope that if and when a new one is made, and we all could use another 25 Pounder, K&C get it right!

JOhn

I love you dirorama, as I served on these gunes in the 1970's but I'm SO disapointed in the detailing of it, and the poses of the gunners.

Lets hope that if and when a new one is made, and we all could use another 25 Pounder, K&C get it right!

JOhn

Thanks John. Even thought the detailing might not be the greatest, it's still one of my favorites. I do have the Tamiya 25 lb. gun in 1/35 in storage/unbuilt that I might take on soon that might have a little more detail to the gun.

Thanks John. Even thought the detailing might not be the greatest, it's still one of my favorites. I do have the Tamiya 25 lb. gun in 1/35 in storage/unbuilt that I might take on soon that might have a little more detail to the gun.

Yes this gun is great....pity its 1/35 scale.

25_tamyia.jpg

The only thing wrong is the muzzle break, which wasn't used in the desert, it came later on in the war.

The Tamyia figures are completely correct, with a 2 man lading team, one with the projectile and one with the cartidge, which were loaded separtely, and the #2 with rammer, opearting the breech and ramming the projectile and the #3 sighting the gun while seated.

K&C has the Sgt with a rammer under his arm, and a single loader with a joined shell and the #3 is not sitting on the seat aiming the gun.

The K&C gun has the shield lowered and the gun is not sitting on the circular platform.

Lets hope a new one is correct.

John

Great dio Duke. A little bit of weathering is all I would add. It looks like the men have just collected their uniforms from the dry cleaner.(joke of course)
guy:smile2:

great pics and I am sure a new version must be in the pipeline
Mitch

Very nice. Another piece that needs a new run.

great pics and I am sure a new version must be in the pipeline
Mitch

Great dio Duke. A little bit of weathering is all I would add. It looks like the men have just collected their uniforms from the dry cleaner.(joke of course)
guy:smile2:

Great pics Duke.

Yes this gun is great....pity its 1/35 scale.

25_tamyia.jpg

The only thing wrong is the muzzle break, which wasn't used in the desert, it came later on in the war.

The Tamyia figures are completely correct, with a 2 man lading team, one with the projectile and one with the cartidge, which were loaded separtely, and the #2 with rammer, opearting the breech and ramming the projectile and the #3 sighting the gun while seated.

K&C has the Sgt with a rammer under his arm, and a single loader with a joined shell and the #3 is not sitting on the seat aiming the gun.

The K&C gun has the shield lowered and the gun is not sitting on the circular platform.

Lets hope a new one is correct.

John

Thanks guys. I agree that an updated version would be nice and probably desired by many collectors.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back