A Long March to Gettysburg (1 Viewer)

Stunning work Bob...Love it!!!!!. Terrific groundwork too!!!.

Steve

See Bob! Forum members do follow your threads and after reading the comments already posted it seems appreciate all the effort in time (and money) you put into displaying your collection for our benefit.

May you long continue to educate us (the great unwashed :D ) on all matters ACW. {bravo}}{bravo}}

Thank you.

Jeff

I just know Col. Henry Burgwyn is on that road with his men, marching to Gettysburg and their July 1st date with destiny. :wink2: -- Al

I just know Col. Henry Burgwyn is on that road with his men, marching to Gettysburg and their July 1st date with destiny. :wink2: -- Al

Thanks guys for all your very kind comments its always a blast knocking up these little vignettes and I am as happy as a munchkin that some of you find them entertaining.

Al
For a WWI/II collector you sure are a well read man on the ACW-very impressive knowledge. Yup "Boy Colonel Burgwyn" and his 26th boys need their story telling. Keep a sharp eye out in the forum's basement a little downstream. Not sure I should depict him being buried in an empty gun case alongside the Chambersburg Pike though.

Bob

Thanks guys for all your very kind comments its always a blast knocking up these little vignettes and I am as happy as a munchkin that some of you find them entertaining.

Al
For a WWI/II collector you sure are a well read man on the ACW-very impressive knowledge. Yup "Boy Colonel Burgwyn" and his 26th boys need their story telling. Keep a sharp eye out in the forum's basement a little downstream. Not sure I should depict him being buried in an empty gun case alongside the Chambersburg Pike though.

Bob
Hi Bob. Thanks for the compliment. I have always been a ACW buff and I really have studied Gettysburg quite a bit as I only live an hour away from it. I look forward to the depiction of the 26th NC and it's legendary shoot-out in McPherson's Woods on July 1. As one of the largest regiments in the ANV, with some 800 effectives, it is a tragic story of loss that should be better known than it is. The fighting on July 1 cost the 26th NC something like 75% casualties (give or take) and the intensity of the combat is reflected in the loss of 18 (if memory serves) color bearers, including Burgwyn, when he picked up the fallen colors. To complete their tragic story, the 26th then got to participate in Pickett's charge on the 3rd. -- Al

Hi Bob. Thanks for the compliment. I have always been a ACW buff and I really have studied Gettysburg quite a bit as I only live an hour away from it. I look forward to the depiction of the 26th NC and it's legendary shoot-out in McPherson's Woods on July 1. As one of the largest regiments in the ANV, with some 800 effectives, it is a tragic story of loss that should be better known than it is. The fighting on July 1 cost the 26th NC something like 75% casualties (give or take) and the intensity of the combat is reflected in the loss of 18 (if memory serves) color bearers, including Burgwyn, when he picked up the fallen colors. To complete their tragic story, the 26th then got to participate in Pickett's charge on the 3rd. -- Al

It was also a very smart looking outfit .Huge amounts of imported English dark blue/grey kersey cloth had arrived in Wilmington in May 1863 and this had been quickly made up into uniform jackets at the Richmond clothing facility.These jackets were of the Richmond depot 2 type,and Pettigrew's entire brigade recieved them along with blue/grey caps and jeancloth pants of varying hues.
Jeff

30th June 1863-10 miles from Cashtown. PA.

Two Reb Infantrymen from 26th NC regiment; Pettigrew's Brigade; III Corps have taken time out from the long march to bathe their aching feet in a Pennsylvanian farmer's duck pond.

DSC00035-3.jpg

Only to get bawled out by their NCO to get back into column

DSC00045-1.jpg

Still with wet bare feet they reluctantly comply with their now irate NCO

DSC00037-1.jpg

Which raises a cheer from the rest of the column

DSC00085-1.jpg

DSC00099.jpg

Reb

Another class act from you Reb.

Merry Christmas,

Carlos

It was also a very smart looking outfit .Huge amounts of imported English dark blue/grey kersey cloth had arrived in Wilmington in May 1863 and this had been quickly made up into uniform jackets at the Richmond clothing facility.These jackets were of the Richmond depot 2 type,and Pettigrew's entire brigade recieved them along with blue/grey caps and jeancloth pants of varying hues.
Jeff

Now that is some detailed knowledge! Reenactors could use your help. :smile2:

I'm ever so glad Reb from the get go you've delivered on my request to continue with the diaries and once again coming out to play the last time around. What a pleasure it's been thru the years and continues to be with your story telling an play time. Thanks Bob........PapaZ{bravo}}{bravo}}{bravo}}{bravo}}{bravo}}{bravo}}

Users who are viewing this thread

Back