A shout out to Tedtoy (1 Viewer)

Just wish they would sell castings of some of their sets Pat. I would love to have a go at some of these - with a paint brush, I may add:D - and especially that exquisite Naval band. Good to see that Ted obviously has a nice sense of humour. johnnybach

Gorgeous sets, Pat. Very colorful and animated. I am most impressed with the level of detail achieved, especially on the Naval band. Even the lips on the figures have subtle highlighting. I also like the facial expressions on the set with the drill sergeant and soldiers at attention. Very nice sets.:smile2: -- Al

I have a number of his ACW sets as well. Ted brings a lot of creativity and humor to his creations! I am a huge fan...!!! Unfortunate that he hasn't the time to do a lot more of his own stuff... I consider his ACW glossies one of the best on the market and reasonably priced too.

He also, carries the Monarch Regalia line which include both terrific looking Samurai and Crimean ranges. I took a dip into the Samurai range and they are addictive!

As promised to The L-T and Martyn, here's a couple more Tedtoy pics. The first features Ted's Union Cavalry on the March figures ..... Mtd Sgt and Trooper and the Marching Trooper Waving Kepi and a set that Pat has already posted "Drumsticks" the drummer boy chasing a chicken. The second pictures is Ted's Wake Island Marines Color Party and Saluting Officer.

B.

Attachments

• IMG_0107.JPG
    IMG_0107.JPG
    126.9 KB · Views: 331
  • IMG_0111.JPG
    IMG_0111.JPG
    82.4 KB · Views: 334
As promised to The L-T and Martyn, here's a couple more Tedtoy pics. The first features Ted's Union Cavalry on the March figures ..... Mtd Sgt and Trooper and the Marching Trooper Waving Kepi and a set that Pat has already posted "Drumsticks" the drummer boy chasing a chicken. The second pictures is Ted's Wake Island Marines Color Party and Saluting Officer.

B.

Great sets Buster {bravo}}{bravo}}{bravo}}

Cheers

Martyn:)

Very good to see Ted's work recognized here on the forum. {bravo}}
Ted is a very nice guy, always a pleasure to talk to, and his creations have to rank among the finest glossies available, especially due to subjects and the little humor he manages to recreate.
Great, great stuff :salute::
Konrad

Yeah, I think you're right about that. I talked to Ted last fall, he called to tell me that a couple of Union Cavalry on the March figures that I ordered a few months previous were almost ready and "did I still want them". Heck yeah I said, so they take a while to get - they're worth it! I practically begged him to make more of his own stuff, but he said he's always busy doing shows and selling other lines. :rolleyes2:

B.

couldn't agree with you guys more. the yankee cavalry on the march are superb sets and look fanatastic when grouped together on the march. i did get a great yankee artillery set in chicago last fall. they go great with my trophy. great sets . hope he makes more as even though there are alot of matte civil war out there i decided to go glossy , same as napoleonics. go ted go

I have the Union mounted on patrol sets as well. :) Don't see unique stuff like that out there much! I like the glossy aspect of Ted's work too! {bravo}}

Met him in San Antonio, great guy. I have a couple of his pieces on order, with plans for more {sm4}

A couple of reinforcements to the Tedtoy Union Cavalry in the March collection arrived on Dec 25th, TT330c Bugler and Guidon Bearer. :smile2:

B.

Attachments

• IMG_0350.JPG
    IMG_0350.JPG
    125.2 KB · Views: 206
  • IMG_0351.JPG
    IMG_0351.JPG
    129.7 KB · Views: 201
Hi Buster,

I love Ted's work and I think you have added a couple very nice figures to your collection! I also notice a couple of Ted's trees behind the figures. Congratulations for the terrific acquisitions! They are a pleasure to view!

Warmest personal regards,

Pat :)

A couple of reinforcements to the Tedtoy Union Cavalry in the March collection arrived on Dec 25th, TT330c Bugler and Guidon Bearer. :smile2:

B.

Superb additions Buster {bravo}}{bravo}}{bravo}}

Cheers

Hi Buster,

I love Ted's work and I think you have added a couple very nice figures to your collection! I also notice a couple of Ted's trees behind the figures. Congratulations for the terrific acquisitions! They are a pleasure to view!

Warmest personal regards,

Pat :)

Thanks Pat, glad you like them ..... and yes, those trees are also Ted's. :smile2:

Superb additions Buster {bravo}}{bravo}}{bravo}}

Cheers

Many thanks Martyn, a couple more Union Cavalry sets to go and then I can start on the Rebs ..... that ought to make our UK-Bob happy. :wink2:^&grin

B.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back