Abrans and Leopard 2 (1 Viewer)

Poppo

Registered Member
Abrams and Leopard2 are arriving on the Ukrainian front,2 very dangerous beasts, who knows if a manufacturer will produce them..... hard times are ahead for Putin.....

The Pentagon is to increase the production of artillery shells for Ukraine by six times within two years

Abrams and Leopard2 are arriving on the Ukrainian front,2 very dangerous beasts, who knows if a manufacturer will produce them..... hard times are ahead for Putin.....

The Pentagon is to increase the production of artillery shells for Ukraine by six times within two years

Creeping escalation like Vietnam. It also takes years of training to use these tanks and weapons systems in combat. The US must have advisors on the ground. What happens next when the Russians continue to fight on and on? Eventually Zelensky will ask NATO for ground forces to avoid defeat. What then?

Its going to be interesting to see if the drone will make the battle tank obsolete.

Its going to be interesting to see if the drone will make the battle tank obsolete.

I don't think so..Modern tanks are the only way to break the front line. They have armor plates made of depleted uranium, which is almost impossible to pierce

I don't think so..Modern tanks are the only way to break the front line. They have armor plates made of depleted uranium, which is almost impossible to pierce

I think that's what they said about Navy battleships, but the aircraft carrier proved them wrong. The tanks heavy armor is probably in the front, but not on the top.

I think that's what they said about Navy battleships, but the aircraft carrier proved them wrong. The tanks heavy armor is probably in the front, but not on the top.

Well, in this war in Ukraine Russia has pratically used no jet fighters.....They use the planes only to lauch missiles..And the russians aren't able to strike a moving target.

That is a good point these days but there are a lot of counter measures being used by the forces operating these tanks. I know the US Armor forces are actively figuring out how to counter drones as well as IEDs so they won’t just give the Ukrainian Army the vehicles and say have fun.{sm4}. Time will tell.

Dave

That is a good point these days but there are a lot of counter measures being used by the forces operating these tanks. I know the US Armor forces are actively figuring out how to counter drones as well as IEDs so they won’t just give the Ukrainian Army the vehicles and say have fun.{sm4}. Time will tell.

Dave

I was waiting for you to chime in.

Its the anti tank missiles they need to worry about - the Iranians took out a few Saudi Abrams using them in Yemen.

And the Ukranians have taken out a lot of Russian tanks using anti tank missiles too. they are the threat.

On the toy soldier side……

The Figarti Abrams from its Iraq War Series was incredible. However, that was produced many years ago.

It seems like some manufacturers are moving towards making more modern lines so maybe we will see it again and/or a Leopard.

Interesting thread Poppo. Thanks for starting it. Thanks to all for input.
In the real world: My opinion from just reading & watching & no experience or real clue: I think the Heavy Tanks we are sending will have a significant effect on one or more fronts. Drones are always a problem for Tanks but Tanks seem to be years away from being obsolete. All the tanks we are sending are good quality beasts but Ukraine needs more than tanks.
In the TS world (aka my world): I've seen Abrams in various variants including a FOV one that I gave to an old GF's son. (We gave them a Bradley and plastic men sets as well but we kept sets of extras of those for ourselves^&grin). They have all been in desert camo, as far as I have seen.
I'd like to see some K&C Abrams and Leopard IIs in Ukraine/Europe camo. Might even buy those, though we have no room and try to avoid too much modern war stuff these days,
Paddy

Interesting thread Poppo. Thanks for starting it. Thanks to all for input.
In the real world: My opinion from just reading & watching & no experience or real clue: I think the Heavy Tanks we are sending will have a significant effect on one or more fronts. Drones are always a problem for Tanks but Tanks seem to be years away from being obsolete. All the tanks we are sending are good quality beasts but Ukraine needs more than tanks.
In the TS world (aka my world): I've seen Abrams in various variants including a FOV one that I gave to an old GF's son. (We gave them a Bradley and plastic men sets as well but we kept sets of extras of those for ourselves^&grin). They have all been in desert camo, as far as I have seen.
I'd like to see some K&C Abrams and Leopard IIs in Ukraine/Europe camo. Might even buy those, though we have no room and try to avoid too much modern war stuff these days,
Paddy

I have just heard that the western countries are going to give the F-16 jet fighters...They go well with the heavy tanks).

I have just heard that the western countries are going to give the F-16 jet fighters...They go well with the heavy tanks).

I don’t think that’s correct. I know the US has resisted doing so because they’re concerned the jets will bomb Russian territory (not that I would blame them for doing so), thereby leading to a wider war.

I don’t think that’s correct. I know the US has resisted doing so because they’re concerned the jets will bomb Russian territory (not that I would blame them for doing so), thereby leading to a wider war.

Right, but they re coming in the future.Just a question of time.. We know that Germany at the beginning of the war pretended they would only give helmets!).

Creeping escalation like Vietnam. It also takes years of training to use these tanks and weapons systems in combat. The US must have advisors on the ground. What happens next when the Russians continue to fight on and on? Eventually Zelensky will ask NATO for ground forces to avoid defeat. What then?

Totally agree, lets toss some more gasoline onto the fire and really stir the hornets nest up and repeat history all over again and again.....and again.....

Seriously do folks really believe that sending more weaponry is going to end this conflict??

And lets not forget how it stated in the first place.........you sure as heck won't ever get to learn that off the 6pm news either.

Seriously do folks really believe that sending more weaponry is going to end this conflict??

It is very simple.....Either send weapons, or send white flags...

If you send white flags, tomorrow the russians will be neighbours of Poland. And you will see what the polish army( a Nato country) will do.

It is very simple.....Either send weapons, or send white flags...

If you send white flags, tomorrow the russians will be neighbours of Poland. And you will see what the polish army( a Nato country) will do.

Honestly, I'm truly struggling with your post on so many levels.

If that's your mentality I have nothing further to add, other than to say good luck.....

I don't see any craziness in Poppo's thread. He clearly has strong feelings about this matter, but he hasn't resorted to the lies of the Enemy...
Best Wishes Mate & I hope you support Europe against its foes as I hope we will support AUS/NZ and Japan/SouthKoera, etc. against yours.
Cheers as always,
Paddy

Users who are viewing this thread

Back