ACW - A cornfield battleground (1 Viewer)

mestell

Lieutenant Colonel
Yesterday I also received another WB #17614 18th-20th Century Corn Rows. That gives me a total of 5 sets (10 corn rows). I have placed them across the small farm lane from the farm house/yard on my diorama creating a small patch of corn used by the family for their kitchen table. I think this plot adds some visual interest to the diorama. I suppose this corm field could represent a small family plot in mid to late summer anywhere in northern Virginia, Maryland, or Pennsylvania. These photographs are from a perspective of my diorama that I have ignored for a while. Enjoy . . . . . .
:) Mike

PICT0001-9.jpg

PICT0002-7.jpg

You are getting quite good at this Mike :) I am coming over and bringing the butter, salt & pepper :D:D:D:D

Mike...I love both pictures...this family must eat a lot of corn...that's a nice sized field you have...your work is soooooo good...more please...

Thank you Ken, Scott, and Michael

You are getting quite good at this Mike :) I am coming over and bringing the butter, salt & pepper :D:D:D:D

I'll supply the wet naps and the bibs

Mike...I love both pictures...this family must eat a lot of corn...that's a nice sized field you have...your work is soooooo good...more please...

Actually what they can't eat, they give to the Rebels and charge a premium to the Yanks ;):rolleyes:

Mike

This makes me think of harvest metaphor used by ACW artists like Winslow Homer (Veteran in a New Field) and photographers like Alexander Gardner (Harvest of Death).

It's getting hard to tell your photos from the official WB and H&A catalog shots. Keep up the great work.

Randy

This story reminds me of the time when I took my first teaching job at the North Carolina School for the Deaf. I use to go out into the country to see the the area and often I would see small farm homes with rows of corn. I asked my friends at work why there was so much corn for such a small farm....everyone laughed at me and said it for moonshine and would not be wise to stop around especially with out of state license plates....:p Really nice photos on this project

Lovely pictures Mike, I do like those WB Corn Rows;)

Cheers

Martyn:)

Thanks one and all, it certainly was a fun day; Randy, rharry, Walt, Joe, Martyn, Mark, and Titus.

Those corn stalk sets cost a pretty packet, but they have really added a new dimension to your display, by purchasing lots of sets like that it is really authentic and was worth every dime (or is it cents)? ;):cool:

Very very impressive I'm very envious of just how good that looks!

Mike...Your cornfield is excellent. I like the photographs with only the tops of the flags showing above the corn. A nice touch.

Brian

A little more HEAT from those Confederate Guns and we will have POP CORN ! ;)

Thnaks guys -

Those corn stalk sets cost a pretty packet, but they have really added a new dimension to your display, by purchasing lots of sets like that it is really authentic and was worth every dime (or is it cents)? ;):cool: Very very impressive I'm very envious of just how good that looks!

More like $$$ ;) but money well spent in my opinion

Mike...Your cornfield is excellent. I like the photographs with only the tops of the flags showing above the corn. A nice touch.
Brian

I like to imagine that you can almost feel the hot humid summer air amongst the corn stalks as the flags flutter by above them.

A little more HEAT from those Confederate Guns and we will have POP CORN ! ;)

Ron, I think you have a weakness towards favoring artillery ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back