ACW - Battlefield Angel (1 Viewer)

mestell

Lieutenant Colonel
Another ACW figure I received today was #31076 Union Nurse. I will be getting a second one of this figure in which I will paint her apron white and then using her as the farm wife at my farmhouse and farm yard area on my large diorama table. Awe . . . my first ACW civilian . . . need more :wink2::wink2:

PICT0001-29.jpg

That is C^&cool^&coolL Mike!!! Looking forward to seeing the farmer's wife on your dio.

Mike

A wonderful composition and narrative that speaks volumes without the need of words. Your field hospital is rapidly taking shape. Can't wait to see the surgery where the patient is headed.

Randy

Just happen to run across this a short while ago. Thanks for your great photo Mike for me to play with......Joe

motivator1f1b7bb40c39a9b6340355919fc2f91e7aa989b7.jpg

Outstanding dio. Now if we can just get the surgeon set to create a proper battlefield hospital scene.

Thanks again to all; Scott, Randy, Joe, Panzer Meyer, and Terp152 . . .
:smile2: Mike

Outstanding dio. Now if we can just get the surgeon set to create a proper battlefield hospital scene.

Britains emailed the dealers yesterday and several new sets and figures are shipping this week, including 31063, 31073, 31075 and 31078 from the ACW range, so hold on just a bit longer, new releases will be shipping from your dealer of choice to you soon............

Nice photo work again Mike enjoyed it.......looking forward to some new soldiers....thanks for sharing...

Suggestion for Britains Ltd

The nurse is a very good figure. A female figure that would be more common in a military camp would be a laundress. Laundresses were allowed by US Regulations. A laundress figure could also double as a civilian farm or town figure. Clothing is about the same as the nurse but no blood on the apron.
Also Britains makes that great farmyard with the laundry line.

Last edited:
I have often thought of getting the woman holding a child from the Alamo series to use in a Civil War farm scene. I had seen someone use it before in that way. I keep thinking it looks to Southwestern though.

Nice photo work indeed. It juxtaposes the pastoral, quiet like summer afternoon with the tragedy going on around it. Don't know if that's what you were driving for but if you were, you succeeded. And even if you weren't, say yes! :wink2:

I assume Ken and Ericka made the backdrop.

Thanks again; Ken, George, Rick, Scott, 6th WI, Brad

Britains emailed the dealers yesterday and several new sets and figures are shipping this week, including 31063, 31073, 31075 and 31078 from the ACW range, so hold on just a bit longer, new releases will be shipping from your dealer of choice to you soon............

Thanks for the update George - finally they are here. I see on the W. Britian web site that #31073 and 31078 are already sold out. Boy that was fast, glad I have mine preordered.

I have often thought of getting the woman holding a child from the Alamo series to use in a Civil War farm scene. I had seen someone use it before in that way. I keep thinking it looks to Southwestern though.

I would agree with your thoughts.

Nice photo work indeed. It juxtaposes the pastoral, quiet like summer afternoon with the tragedy going on around it. Don't know if that's what you were driving for but if you were, you succeeded. And even if you weren't, say yes! :wink2:

I assume Ken and Ericka made the backdrop.

Why absolutely Brad . . . boy, I can't get anything past you :wink2: The Dio base and backdrop were made by Hudson & Allen but for distribution by W. Britain. This is WB ACW #DISP10 "Chosen Ground" w/Backdrop. It is a limited production item designed to go with all of the "Chosen Ground" Iron Brigade sets. I find it to be a very versatile dio base and use it quite often in my photography.
Mike

Mike...just found these...that is a great set and a fantastic shot...kudos to you...

Mike just been looking at all your ACW dios.All of them are great.Glad to see you enjoying yourself.
Mark

Users who are viewing this thread

Back