ACW - No Time To Pick The Corn (1 Viewer)

mestell

Lieutenant Colonel
With the "dark days" (winter months ;)) appraoching and the mornings getting very cool, I am starting to trade my outside time for inside time with my WB ACW figures. Yesterday I received 3 more sets of WB #17614 18th-20th Century Corn Rows (couldn't resist getting these when they were offered to me slightly used and in their original boxes at more than 50% off retail). This gives me 8 sets of corn rows @ 2 rows per set. So . . . . this morning I decided to come up with a scenario using my corn field as a backdrop. I call this series of photos . . . . . . .
:) Mike

NO TIME TO PICK THE CORN
July 1, 1863 Gettysburg, PA

The day was going well for their side as the 5th Alabama (O'Neal's Alabama Brigade, Rhodes Division, Ewell's CSA 2nd Corp) advanced down the Cobean/McClean farm lane. On their left they could now see the McClean farm house sitting at the base of Oak Ridge. On their right they past row after row of ripe corn. Their empty bellies growled as they hurried forward - no time now to pick corn, now its time to do their duty. And so they continued their quick march toward the intersection with Mummasburg Road . . . . where the Yankees were waiting.

PICT0001-18.jpg

PICT0002-16.jpg

PICT0003-12.jpg

PICT0005-4.jpg

PICT0007-3.jpg

Another wonderful story Mike with great figures. Love the titles that you come up with for your photo shoots.

With the "dark days" (winter months ;)) appraoching and the mornings getting very cool, I am starting to trade my outside time for inside time with my WB ACW figures. Yesterday I received 3 more sets of WB #17614 18th-20th Century Corn Rows (couldn't resist getting these when they were offered to me slightly used and in their original boxes at more than 50% off retail). This gives me 8 sets of corn rows @ 2 rows per set. So . . . . this morning I decided to come up with a scenario using my corn field as a backdrop. I call this series of photos . . . . . . .

NO TIME TO PICK THE CORN
July 1, 1863 Gettysburg, PA

The day was going well for their side as the 5th Alabama (O'Neal's Alabama Brigade, Rhodes Division, Ewell's CSA 2nd Corp) advanced down the Cobean/McClean farm lane. On their RIGHT they could now see the McClean farm house sitting at the base of Oak Ridge. On their LEFT they past row after row of ripe corn. Their empty bellies growled as they hurried forward - no time now to pick corn, now its time to do their duty. And so they continued their quick march toward the intersection with Mummasburg Road . . . . where the Yankees were waiting.

PICT0001-18.jpg

PICT0002-16.jpg

PICT0003-12.jpg

PICT0005-4.jpg

PICT0007-3.jpg

Correction to story line - Guess I don't know my left from my right - good thing I'm not in line marching ;)

Another wonderful story Mike with great figures. Love the titles that you come up with for your photo shoots.

Thank you Scott

Mike, that's one nice looking cornfield. You picked up alot of scenics in the past year. Very, very cool. What you're doing, is what I'm planning when I retire. Good job.

Mike, that's one nice looking cornfield. You picked up alot of scenics in the past year. Very, very cool. What you're doing, is what I'm planning when I retire. Good job.

Thank you very much - you are very observant, and I just happened to retire a year ago last September. I would recommend it highly - I am really enjoying myself and my hobby.

Very cool, yet again! The Boys From Alabama, ready for a scrap, would rather fight than eat!!!!

Another winner Mr. Mike...

great photos...

your corn rows are really growing...

Libbeys or Del Monte should be calling soon...

hohoho...Green Giant...

Thanks for sharing a great piece of work you have done......I was wondering when someone was going to use that Reb NCO marching....looks well placed and a well thought out theme.....I too like the lead in and title of your sets......

Looks good Mike. Thanks for letting me know about your threads. The Britains look very nice. Is the back drop from the Hobby store?

Looks good Mike. Thanks for letting me know about your threads. The Britains look very nice. Is the back drop from the Hobby store?

Thank you; Titus, Bama Boy, Michael, rharry, and KV. KV - the backdrop is the one that comes with the Wm Britain "Chosen Ground" display base.

Thank you; Titus, Bama Boy, Michael, rharry, and KV. KV - the backdrop is the one that comes with the Wm Britain "Chosen Ground" display base.

That is a great set. Thanks Mike. It is covered enough that I did not recognize it. Works very well there though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back