ACW - On Wisconsin (1 Viewer)

mestell

Lieutenant Colonel
A great weekend at the Chicago OTSN show and two days of cold rainy weather has certainly motivated me. I have really enjoyed and have had a lot of fun with my "troops" of late. Here's another photographic recording of my imagination . . . .
:) Mike

At The Edge of Herbst Woods
Gettysburg, July 1, 1863

Having reached the crest of McPhearson's Ridge, and encouraged onward by Major General John Reynolds, the 2nd Wisconsin enters the edge of Herbst Woods soon to face the 7th and 14th Tennessee regiments of Archer's Brigade

PICT0001-39.jpg

Very original my freind
Different

Thanks MapleLeaf . . . I felt like doing something with a different perspective. All too often collectors stage their dioramas showing mostly the front of their figures. I thought for a change I would show the Iron Brigade moving forward towards the enemy from the perspective of the Union lines, which in this case would have been the 7th Wisconsin which was right behind the 2nd . . . .

Very cool Mike. I wonder what they will find?

Well Scott, they found alot of trouble. On the first volley by the 7th and 14th Tennessee regiments it is estimated that close to 30% of the 2nd Wisconsin went down . . . still toying around with expanding on this photo . . . starting to run out time for today and tomorrow I will be volunteering at the local Veteran's Hospital which I do every Wednesday. Maybe I will add more photos to this thread on Thursday . . .

You certainly are motivated Mike.Another great scene.
Mark{bravo}}

Another great picture Mike:salute::

No rain on the horizon over here we've still got an "Indian Summer" ^&grin

Cheers

Martyn:)

Good morning Mike , I am reading Mark Adkin's "The Gettysburg Companion" and I am exactly at The Battle -Day One .

Your picture has brought it to life !!!

Many thanks
Kirk

Boy Mike--those cornfield guys jump right out of the picture plane and we don't even need 3D glasses,

Randy

Really nice Mike. Just finished filming part 2 of the You Tube series "Painting a W. Britain Master" will edit and post next week. Keep up the great photos!

Dave

Love it Mike! As well as inspiring you to another artistic creation my request about corn was also a reference to Saturday's UW-Nebraska football game.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back