ACW - Proud & Defiant; Forever A Rebel (1 Viewer)

mestell

Lieutenant Colonel
Been gone for a week visiting with friends and family - thought I would get the long distant vsiting done before the snowy weather sets in. Just before I left last week, I received this very nice set. It is Old Northwest Trading Company #IOW1001, "Forever A Rebel". This is part of ONTC's Images of War series and depicts the moment when reknown ACW photographer Mathew Brady took his well known photograph of three Confederate prisoners shortly after the Battle of Gettysburg. It is believed that the original photograph was taken somewhere on Seminary Ridge. The sculpting of this set was done by Doug Dearth who, as I understand, was a student of Ken Osen and is still a close friend. There are many threads on this forum discussing the accuracy and "wow factor" of sets that are being prduced today. I would say that this set is one of the best ever done as far as "capturing" the realism of that moment in time when the actual history was recorded. Even as prisoners, these three Confederate soldiers are still . . . . . . . . .
:) Mike

PROUD AND DEFIANT

PICT0005-7.jpg

PICT0006-2.jpg

PICT0007-6.jpg

Photo Comparison, Top - Mathew Brady's Original Photo, Bottom - My set as a Vintage Photo

confederate-prisoners_small1.jpg

PICT0008-2-1.jpg

Photo Comparison, Top - Mathew Brady, Bottom - My Mathew Brady figure as a Vinatage Photo

mathew-brady-300.jpg

PICT0009-3-1.jpg

Terrific photos. Boy, did they ever nail this set. Looks just like the original picture. Nice job. -- Al

Just got the set this week. So I have all their sets now. REALLY good stuff!!

Great pic, BTW...

Mike...

this is a really accurate rendition of set to photo...

they did as nice a job on this set as you did setting it up and photographing it...

another beauty on your part...good work...

Thank you gentlemen; Martyn, Al, Jeremie, Scott, and Michael.
:) Mike

Very Nice, Mike. I really like the ONTC ACW range.
Thanks for sharing it.
Brian

Missed replaying to your Proud & Defiant Rebs yesterday and I've chosen this one as my favorite although it's been posted on another thread. Very nicely none Mike an if I didn't no any better I would have sworn it was taken by Mathew Brady..........The Lt.

confederate-prisoners_small1.jpg

That is a nice set.........the photo work is great Mike.........I seen that set forsale but never made the purchase.......may have to do it since it is a nice one........good job I like the addes figures......

Users who are viewing this thread

Back