ACW - Rebels Resplendent (1 Viewer)

mestell

Lieutenant Colonel
Taking some time this morning to enjoy my 9 new Wm Britain Confederate conversions that I received yesterday (see "Confederate Reinforcements" in the Hudson & Allen section for more info about these figures that I purchased from Ken Osen). In this series of photos, I have used my new figures with the rest of my "advancing" Confederates to show a field of Rebels advancing on the Federals in all their "gray and butternut" splendor . . . .
:) Mike

In this photo the first Confederate to the right of the flag bearer is one of my new H&A conversions and the third Confederate to the right of the flag bearer is the same figure as originally produced by WB.

PICT0001-23.jpg

For all these photos I am using my 4' x 8' diorama table with the grass bases that I commissioned Ken to make for me. The backdrop is a photo of Gettysburg (Seminary Ridge) which was taken by Ken and/or Ericka which they had enlarged using non-fading earth pigments and mounted on archival quality foam board.

PICT0002-20.jpg

PICT0003-15.jpg

The one problem I often encounter when using my large dio table for a "wide" shot, is running out of backdrop as you can see in these two photos. I still decided to post these because I liked the depth in them and the overall feel of a "massed" Confederate assualt - especailly the first photo.

PICT0009-5.jpg

In this photo you can clearly see three of my newly required Confederate conversions, the two Rebels to the left of the horse with the blue and white checkered bedroll and the black rubberized gum blanket bedroll and the NCO file closer at port arms in the back of the front ranks.

PICT0010-2.jpg

In these photos, the Confederate to the left of the officer is another conversion piece.

PICT0004-11.jpg

PICT0006-4.jpg

Mike,

A very unique collection you have there. Actually a very envious collection taking into account the battlefield and backdrops. :cool::)

Jeff

Beuatiful Mike !! Some great photos to enjoy while stuck at work. I agree with you about the backdrops. I have in the past to make them longer printed mirror images and taped them together (but then you have a join line)

Perhaps the model railway shop as they usually have backdrops up to 4 feet long, problem is the size is usually meant for HO scale so they don't always work.

Or, you could just paint your walls sky blue. The new guys look great, as well as the tree.

You have a really great collection Mike.After collecting FIW,Crusades,and Napoleanics I think you have finally found what you love the most.I'm sure in 2011 we will see more great photos of your ever expanding collection.
Mark

In these photos, the Confederate to the left of the officer is another conversion piece.

PICT0004-11.jpg

PICT0006-4.jpg

Miss your last round of photos yesterday Mike but glad I got to see them this AM. These are two of my favorite photos from the series an thank USReb for sharing them with us.........Joe

Thank you everyone: Terp152, Jeff, Scott, Nooooo9, Mark, and Joe . . .

Wow . . . I just noticed I have been given a forum promotion to Brigadier General . . . Does that mean I get a pay increase??

Wow . . . I just noticed I have been given a forum promotion to Brigadier General . . . Does that mean I get a pay increase?? :) Mike

Unfortunately the answer is no, but it does allow you to purchase more toy soldiers :D

Wow . . . I just noticed I have been given a forum promotion to Brigadier General . . . Does that mean I get a pay increase??

Welcome to the General's Staff and your 1st Star...........Joe

Just awesome work again.....full of details and stories within stories....enjoyable to study like a text book....

Great photos and figure conversions General. Thanks for showing us your latest additions. You have a fine set-up table to enjoy your figures> Thanks for showing them to us. John

Great photos and figure conversions General. Thanks for showing us your latest additions. You have a fine set-up table to enjoy your figures> Thanks for showing them to us. John

Users who are viewing this thread

Back