Again I Ask... (2 Viewers)

I know it was asked of someone else but, these are some books which, I think on the SS are very good:

Dietrich's Warriors: History of the 3. Kompamy 1st Panzer Grenadiers LAH

Like a cliff in the ocean: History of the 3 SS Totenkopf

Murderous elites: The SS and its atrocities

12 years with Hitler History of 1st Kompanie LAH SS

Comrades to the end 4th SS Panzer Grenadier Regiment ' Der Fuhrer'

Many more but, these are IMO very well worth getting
Mitch

That was me, looking for some new reading material, thanks - Mike

I am a bit of a book worm and have according to my wife 'far to many' but, they are really good ones bit pricey but, well worth it if you want a good knowledge of the SS.

I have quite an interest in the SS dont know where it came from but, have researched many old veterans over the past years and interviewed at length a number of them for my studies I was underatking but, as yet not sure what I am going to do with the research.

Hope the books are a help
Mitch

Mitch, seems we share the same intrest in the military SS units. The history helps bring to life the models I like to collect. Also, my career takes me overseas often, where I cannot take my collection, so books fill the void until I return home.

Mike

I am fortunate that I have done all my travelling for work now only leave the UK for hols and as my wife is american we are back and forth to the States regularly.

I get most of my books from the following site in wales in the UK and, this has probably the best selection of SS books and other armed forces I have seen

www.worldwartwobooks.com

Its a good reference site
Mitch

Thanks for the site info Mitch, I am sure others will also find it useful. I purchased a few out of print Luftwaffe camouflage books from the UK last year and was pleased how quickly they arrived.

Mike

Its a good business and deals world wide I have never had any problem dealing with him
Mitch

GJB22...

I will post some figures later which have collar tabs done by my own TK markings. I have seen some sets that have been repainted go for quite a bit as they are one off sets and, in that respect unique.

I look forward to seeing the pics

Terry is correct, after the French campaign in 1940, the division never returned to the West, fighting in the East. Ended the war in Czechoslovakia. No Normandy action for 3rd SS.

Thanks, but I knew they never returned to the Western front after the German invasion of France. I was actually asking if they were in Normandy in 1940 as I understood they didn't venture further South than the Pas de Calais where "The Channel" was narrowest.

Thanks, but I knew they never returned to the Western front after the German invasion of France. I was actually asking if they were in Normandy in 1940 as I understood they didn't venture further South than the Pas de Calais where "The Channel" was narrowest.

They were stationed in Bordeaux, Avallon, and Biarritz during occupation duty in Southern France, 1940.

I'm thinking a TK Hanomag 251 with riders and supporting infantry would make me happy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back