Alh (1 Viewer)

villagehorse

Lieutenant General
Hoping the new Australian Light Horse are getting close, my troops are getting thirsty.^&grin. Robin.

Attachments

• DSCN1689.jpg
    DSCN1689.jpg
    327.8 KB · Views: 524
  • DSCN1688.jpg
    DSCN1688.jpg
    286.3 KB · Views: 524
Hoping the new Australian Light Horse are getting close, my troops are getting thirsty.^&grin. Robin.

Help is on the way Robin, with a Furphy ...... maybe later this year?

furphy.jpg

like the one by Pearse Miniatures that I painted in gloss finish :)

John

Furphy and Ambulance wagons are coming says young Andy plus mounted officer and we suggested swivel heads for the mounted figures like the US cavalry which Andy didn't say no to. So probably next year......

Interesting Wikipedia article; A furphy is Australia slang for an erroneous or improbable story that is claimed to be factual. Furphies are supposedly 'heard' from reputable sources, sometimes secondhand or thirdhand, and widely believed until discounted. The word is said to derive from water carts designed and made by a company established by John Furphy of J. Furphy & Sons of Shepparton, Victoria. The steel and cast iron tanks were first made in the 1880s and were used on farms and by stock agents. Many Furphy water carts were used to take water to Australian Army personnel during World War 1 in Australia, Europe and the Middle East. The carts, with "J. Furphy & Sons" written on their tanks, became popular as gathering places where soldiers could exchange gossip, rumours and fanciful tales – much like today's water cooler discussion.

Help is on the way Robin, with a Furphy ...... maybe later this year?

View attachment 250383

like the one by Pearse Miniatures that I painted in gloss finish :)

John

I don't know where you would fit them Robin, it's a pretty crowded scene of diggers you have there! ^&grin

Tom

That is one fantastic display!!! The parade of mounted figures is quite impressive to say the least.

Excellent use of some of the LOJ pieces too!

Very nice!

Mark

Robin,
That's an awesome set up! I love those buildings!
Thanks for the photos- Joe

Great looking setup Robin with all those figures and buildings. Thanks for sharing it with us.

Terrific scene. Love the buildings and the way you presented everything.

Adding to all the kudos you've justly received on this scene Robin. What a spectacular and evocative set up you've put together. love to see more pics
Pat

Adding to all the kudos you've justly received on this scene Robin. What a spectacular and evocative set up you've put together. love to see more pics
Pat

Thanks guys for all your positive comments and 'likes', it is this aspect that makes this hobby so enjoyable for me and keeps me motivated.
The new upcoming mounted officer will need to push his way to the front of the column some how.{sm4}
Robin.

Attachments

• DSCN1708.jpg
    DSCN1708.jpg
    286.7 KB · Views: 152
  • DSCN1709.jpg
    DSCN1709.jpg
    276.2 KB · Views: 142

Users who are viewing this thread

Back