All things Conte (8 Viewers)

Re: Seriously - Is CONTE Still in Business ?

As much as I would like to for a number of reason Damian it's not in the cards. Granted the show of show is Chicago but the East Coaster does drawn a number of the leaders in the industry and although others from across the sea aren't in attendance their represent by a number of those who provide their products. I for one wouldn't knock it in any way. For those planning to attend it I'm sure you'll be more than happy that you did and I'm such a number of you who are will enjoy the time spent seeing what Conte will be showing along with WBritain, John Jenkin's, Barazo. and other will be showing and providing for sale. By the way I'm sure you'll find that if you happen to visit the Carolina's you'd be more than welcome to visit and spend time enjoying Richards club house. Enjoy the show guys wish I could join you.

I am quietly confident RC will deliver.
I see he has an Arab chief on his website.
Could he be planning the Sudan as well?

Nothing on his site about anything new plastic. Or, for that matter, Alamo.

To be honest,
the Conte thread is one I will be watching very closely the next days and I would very much like to see that he is at the show and displays future releases. There is no doubt about it, he is absolutely able to deliver high quality Toy Soldiers and I guess that we will know within the next few days.
The forum members who are going to attend the show, please keep us updated here.
Konrad

Will you be there Joe?
I am not sure how far Maine is from Jersey?
Would be good to talk face to face with him.

Did anyone see or talk to Conte today at NJ?..............Stryker

Is this the elusive Mr. Conte, engaged in conversation with show promoter Bill Lango?

8YesRichardConteWASthere.jpg

Prost!
Brad

Is this the elusive Mr. Conte, engaged in conversation with show promoter Bill Lango?

[]

Prost!
Brad

Yes it certainly is!

Did he have any of his new product there to sell?.........Stryker

Last edited by a moderator:

He may have, but I'm sorry to say, I don't know, he doesn't make anything that I'm interested in, so I never really look at his tables. But when I saw him, I thought I'd get a picture of him--it's like sighting Elvis.

He may have, but I'm sorry to say, I don't know, he doesn't make anything that I'm interested in, so I never really look at his tables. But when I saw him, I thought I'd get a picture of him--it's like sighting Elvis.

WAIT! I think that is Elvis.

His display appears rather restrained by comparisons.

He sent me an email this last week with a new sculpt. I can say with all certainty that it was late 19th century or early 20th.

His display appears rather restrained by comparisons.

Yes, if I recall correctly, he only had 3 or 4 tables. I remember that the pirate series was out and on display, but I don't recall which of the other series were out.

Prost!
Brad

He had samples of the Zouaves and told me they would be out in January.
I have to say they looked good and seemed more in scale with other 54mm figures (e.g. Britains and Collector Showcase).
Seeing will be believing.......

Rich Conte has new sculptors and they do fantastic work. Those Zulus have to be some of best in the industry. The Brits are great looking also. I look forward to the crucifixion figure to be released. Very impressive. Conte has a lot of good looking figures coming out. He will also have new products such as buildings,terrain pieces, etc... coming out in the near future.:D
Regards,

Nick

Rich Conte has new sculptors and they do fantastic work. Those Zulus have to be some of best in the industry. The Brits are great looking also. I look forward to the crucifixion figure to be released. Very impressive. Conte has a lot of good looking figures coming out. He will also have new products such as buildings,terrain pieces, etc... coming out in the near future.:D
Regards,

Nick

Thanks Nick for sharing your chat with Richard and have no doubt that starting in January and throughout the year those who've waited and had faith will be very pleased with what's headed our way.

I don't know if Conte was doing a lot of selling but there was a lot of product on his tables and there were a lot of people there.

Thanks Nick for sharing your chat with Richard and have no doubt that starting in January and throughout the year those who've waited and had faith will be very pleased with what's headed our way.

We'll see. Mean time, what about plastics? Any word on that?

Regards,

Nick

Generally the sculpts have always been good. I don't know if there has ever been any complaints about that. Would that he had someone running the business who was as good as the artists who did the figures.

Conte moved his business to North Carolina and has new better sculptors and painters from China. The NEW figures are detailed much better. If you didn't like Conte metal figures, you will now. The expression on the figures faces have a realistic look now. He also will be coming out with special sets of figures which I can not talk about at this time due to me and another person being involved in these presentations.:D:D:D
Yes, there is even more interesting and unique figures, buildings, scenery, etc...
Nick

Conte moved his business to North Carolina and has new better sculptors and painters from China. The NEW figures are detailed much better. If you didn't like Conte metal figures, you will now. The expression on the figures faces have a realistic look now. He also will be coming out with special sets of figures which I can not talk about at this time due to me and another person being involved in these presentations.:D:D:D
Yes, there is even more interesting and unique figures, buildings, scenery, etc...
Nick
That sounds exciting Nick. Thanks for the insights. Thing is I liked some of the Conte metal figures a great deal, like the Spartans so I don't think the faces will improve from my limited and humble experiences but it is great to hear the good parts will continue and improve even further.;):D

We'll see. Mean time, what about plastics? Any word on that?

Why don't you e-mail him Jay and ask him he will answer your emails.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back