All things Conte (6 Viewers)

Re: Seriously - Is CONTE Still in Business ?

Yes, this sure is a major mystery. I didn't make up that information about the sculptor and BSP working with Rich. RC emailed me stating that I made a mistake about having a new sculptor. That's all he wrote. I replied to his email and told him that he stated the info which I mentioned earlier in this thread when we spoke in person at a show in New Jersey. What's going on here?

Maybe it's a secret which he mistakenly told me and I screwed up big time by telling the toy soldier world? I don't know. Not working with BSP?????????
I'm so confused?:confused::confused::confused::confused:

I don't get my rocks off by spreading rumors and false information so I don't want any of you guys thinking that I'm some kind of nut case. Somewhere along the line our wires got crossed. Rich and his wife appear to be very, very nice people with a lot of toy soldiers on their plates. I apologized to RC and love his product lines, hopefully our relationship is back on track. The future holds the key to this madness!!!:eek::eek::eek:LOL

Regards,
Nick

Don't forget that BSP's Giveaway Contest is closing real soon,so pick the prize(s) you want to win. You can win one of the several gifts that we are offering from our Sponsors for our Members. Not a Member? Sign up!:D

Please read my post again. It stated no new sculptor and nothing the works with BSP. His site plainly states new figures.
Well "direct from Conte" doesn't really say where and how you heard this.:)

Well, no Toy Soldiers quite yet, but great entertainment.

Sick Love Hate Relationship ?

I've been watching & reading the Conte bashing with interest for well over a year now and I have finally decided I would make my first post--even though I suspect I'll be immediately attacked and bashed for saying anything positive about the man and his wonderful creations.
It appears to me that a few of you immediately attack anything & everything which is ever positive about Conte and that you are sickly obsessed with the man. Your comments regarding 'The Lt" are obvious attempts to silence a fellow forum member and to attack him simply because he likes Conte product. I resent this type of bullying.
I know several other members who agree with me but don't want to dirty themselves by lowering themselves to your level
Your 'love-hate' relationship with him and his soldiers is fascinating to watch. Every breath the man takes seems to be of interest to you; even though you hate him & his product and slander him regularly, you live for every snippet of news, gossip or rumor about him. Curious(sick) behavior to say the least.
I understand from other members that several of you are collectors 'cut off' by Conte or are terminated dealers. That's too bad 4 you but obviously explains some of the silliness and games going on here. In my 7 or 8 years of buying Conte product direct (always Medieval) I have found the man to be honest, passionate and responsible for the best Vikings ever made.

George I had nothing else to say on the matter so had no reason to jump in and once again Gary you couldn't wait to comment in your usual manner. As to spending the time unpacking my New Conte figures I've no doubt what so ever that I'll find myself doing so in the very near future. By the way Happy New Year to you both.

LT, Your wait will pay off one way or another.Looking forward to more pix with additions of any new figures for your collection.Always a hit.
FUB

Hey G.
There is no poor Nick.
Some of these members had taken what I said out of content and twisted things around.:)
I',m a big fan of RC and bashing him and his products would be the last thing that I do.
Nick

This will be my last post regarding the mysteries "New Sculptor" which does not exist. I hope this clarifies the confusion once and for all. Dear Rich, I'm sorry regarding the new sculptor misinformation, I meant no harm by creating such confusion.
All I would like to say to clarify this mess is when I spoke to you at the Hackensack, New Jersey toy soldier show, you showed me your
newest pieces and I thought you told me that they are from a new sculptor.
That's where the new sculptor "rumor" came about and again I apologize for the confusion. When I looked at the new sculpts they looked so different then Robert's work. They were great looking but the style appeared to be different then Robert's work. I want to make it know that I don't care who the sculptor is, I just thought the artist was a new person.
I must of gotten confused. PLEASE don't hold this against me.
I'm on your side.
I always liked "Conte" products and your new and up and coming sculpts are over the top!
It was very nice talking to you and your wife when you were in New Jersey.
I hope this clarifies the confusion.

Regarding BSP;
Battle Scene Productions in no way are going into a partnership with RC, or any other company at this time. We only discussed promotional diorama work for 2010 with Rich. We haven't been on Tree Frog enough due to BSP being extremely busy. We have no interest in posting the most threads then anyone else. We only want to post quality work for your enjoyment and for toy soldier manufacturers, dealers and the like and add in an occasional movie prop(s) and museum diorama in the mix.
Regards,
Nick:)

From what I'm reading, same ole same ole, bottom line, at the end of the day, Conte produces one heck of a Toy Soldier, in Metal and in PLASTIC. To Gary, what did you think of the Winter Classic? I know your Blues have got you singing them lately, don't forget, RC is a big Hockey fan also.:)

Re: Sick Love Hate Relationship ?

I've been watching & reading the Conte bashing with interest for well over a year now and I have finally decided I would make my first post--even though I suspect I'll be immediately attacked and bashed for saying anything positive about the man and his wonderful creations.
It appears to me that a few of you immediately attack anything & everything which is ever positive about Conte and that you are sickly obsessed with the man. Your comments regarding 'The Lt" are obvious attempts to silence a fellow forum member and to attack him simply because he likes Conte product. I resent this type of bullying.
I know several other members who agree with me but don't want to dirty themselves by lowering themselves to your level
Your 'love-hate' relationship with him and his soldiers is fascinating to watch. Every breath the man takes seems to be of interest to you; even though you hate him & his product and slander him regularly, you live for every snippet of news, gossip or rumor about him. Curious(sick) behavior to say the least.
I understand from other members that several of you are collectors 'cut off' by Conte or are terminated dealers. That's too bad 4 you but obviously explains some of the silliness and games going on here. In my 7 or 8 years of buying Conte product direct (always Medieval) I have found the man to be honest, passionate and responsible for the best Vikings ever made.

Nobody ever doubted here that Conte produced the best Vikings, or actually the best plastic figures ever made, and many, many great metal sets too. So it's all good.
Just enjoy collecting them, whenever your get them.
Konrad

OK here it is plain in simple:

1) BSP and Conte are NOT going into any partnership together, that premise never existed.

2) BSP MAY be doing some projects for Conte, in our usual manner, but that is still up in the air.

3) I have had many conversations with Mr. Conte, both in person, and on the phone, and I find him to be as cordial as anyone I have met in this Hobby.

4) The Conte Paratroopers were the first products I bought, upon entering this hobby, and still remain some of my favorites, especially the "Airborne House Cleaning" set.

5) There is no new or secret sculptor to be named. Everything was a pure misunderstanding, that is it, plain and simple..........Do not dare try and twist these PLAIN and SIMPLE and Truthful statements I have made. And Conte is still very much in business, I stake BSP's reputation on that. THE END

I also apologize to Mr. Conte for this for this matter ....Alex

Last edited:

No one is twisting anything, it was plainly stated by Nick that BSP and Conte were going to be working together and that there was a new sculptor. I am confused as to why posts by you and Nick seem to have an angry tone towards forum members when the original intell came from Nick.

What? Mr. Conte is the new sculptor for BSP?

It would be nice if the matter was dropped it's been resolved and it's been established that Conte does not have a new sculptor as well as it's been establised that he may be doing some projects with BSP and it's been proven that he's still in bussiness and has been. Please let's get on with it enough is enough on the subjects. Let's look forward to what Conte Collectables has in store for us during the coming year....The Lt.

No one is twisting anything, it was plainly stated by Nick that BSP and Conte were going to be working together and that there was a new sculptor. I am confused as to why posts by you and Nick seem to have an angry tone towards forum members when the original intell came from Nick.
Me too. Most of us just asked questions or made an appreciative comment.

So, we'll just wait for the all the promised new stuff to hit. Can't wait for the Pirate Ship.

OK .... nothing was twisted....... and my post explains the rest .... A comedy of errors is all it was ! We don't want to fight, or breed controversy, we just want to create fun stuff.....I am retiring in 3 weeks, after 33 of years of fighting fires in the Ghetto. I just want to play and have fun with the Hobby.....Alex

It would be nice if the matter was dropped it's been resolved and it's been established that Conte does not have a new sculptor as well as it's been establised that he may be doing some projects with BSP and it's been proven that he's still in bussiness and has been. Please let's get on with it enough is enough on the subjects. Let's look forward to what Conte Collectables has in store for us during the coming year....The Lt.

As this thread seems to have been all about things Conte, if there are issues to be discussed, I don't see anything wrong in discussing them. That is what a forum is for: an exchange of ideas and a discussion of issues.

As this thread seems to have been all about things Conte, if there are issues to be discussed, I don't see anything wrong in discussing them. That is what a forum is for: an exchange of ideas and a discussion of issues.

There is nothing further to be discussed on this particular matter. My statements cleared everything up, and if discussion continues, that means whoever would persist, is calling me a liar, or is taking the opportunity to take shots at Conte and BSP.

OK .... nothing was twisted....... and my post explains the rest .... A comedy of errors is all it was ! We don't want to fight, or breed controversy, we just want to create fun stuff.....I am retiring in 3 weeks, after 33 of years of fighting fires in the Ghetto. I just want to play and have fun with the Hobby.....Alex
Congratulations on reaching retirement. Stay safe your last 3 weeks so that you may enjoy our hobby. I'm sure the people you served with and for will miss you. -- Al

Users who are viewing this thread

Back