American Civil War Medical Series Out Now! (3 Viewers)

Richard Walker

Private
Hi Everyone,
The new History Works Medical Series - American Civil War Confederates are now available. All the figures are matte finish, 58mm, metal and $20-22.

A few folks have asked me over the years why my fascination with battlefield medicine? In WWII my father was in the Medics, 62nd Medical Bn. (full disclosure he was in the HQ unit, he had a "good" war, if there is such a thing...or at least the stories he told his son were only the good ones). So, from early on he told me the stories of his training (he was going to be a combat engineer...lucky for me the Army did what the Army does...) ,posting to the UK, landing at Omaha Dog White Beach on D+7, waking up on Christmas morning 1944 and heading to some place called The Ardennes, and then meeting the Russians in Vienna (not a fan), etc. This of course not only kindled an interest in Medics but military history in general, the nail in the coffin for me was as a young boy my dad cast toy soldiers with a Gilbert casting machine, he found an old one and taught his young son this weird and wonderful hobby. Anyway, I hope the new range is of interest and that you all have a very Merry Christmas.
Richard

History Works Medical Sepia Image Low.jpg

MED50011 Confederate Hospital Accessory Set imageLR.jpg

MED50002 Confederate Surgeon imageLR.jpg

MED50001 Confederate Amputee seated imageLR.jpg

MED50004 Confederate on Crutches with bandaged foot imageLR.jpg

A couple more images:

MED50005 Union or Confederate Arm in Sling bandaged head imageLR.jpg

MED50006 Confederate Hospital Steward imageLR.jpg

Let me know what else you all might like to see in the range? Needless to say Technical Corporal Richard D. Walker, US Army, 62nd Medical BN. is on the list...

Richard, I would love to see an ambulance done right! So many of them have been technically lacking, and there has yet to be a Confederate one. I would also appreciate a surgeon at work and maybe a lieutenant directing traffic or taking notes (this is my rank & job, hence the wish).

These figures look great and are an excellent price. Do you have any intention of branching out from the ACW - the Napoleonic Wars or Great War perhaps?

Brendan

These figures look great and are an excellent price. Do you have any intention of branching out from the ACW - the Napoleonic Wars or Great War perhaps?

Brendan

Hi Brendan - yes the Medical series range will grow to include other periods.

Thank you,

Richard

A great set of figures but shouldn't the crutch be under the other arm?

Regards

Brian

Since our first batch went out quickly, we received another replenishment shipment of these medical sets today!
Check them out, will ship right away for you!
The accessory set has proven to be quite popular thus far!
MED50011.jpg

Julie

Thank you Julie.

Just getting the word out tonight - down to my last 10 sets of the MED50011 Confederate Hospital Accessory Set.

This is pretty funny - looking for some images today and found this one - dragooned my kids into helping me pose the nurse and amputee. Poor kids, I think they may be scarred for life having to reeenact so many poses over the years...

Surgeon thinking amputee and nurse.JPG

Appreciate the great reaction to the Medical series.

Richard

Since our first batch went out quickly, we received another replenishment shipment of these medical sets today!
Check them out, will ship right away for you!
The accessory set has proven to be quite popular thus far!
View attachment 242552

Julie

I bought this set last week and it's a good addition to a medical dio. Scale is larger than WB but works well together IMO. I converted my figs to Union to use with the WB figs. Chris

I bought this set last week and it's a good addition to a medical dio. Scale is larger than WB but works well together IMO. I converted my figs to Union to use with the WB figs. Chris

Thank you Chris. Glad you liked it!

The MED50011 Confederrate Hospital Accessory Set #1 is now sold out. Grab'em while you can from your local retailer. Thank you!

Richard, I would love to see an ambulance done right! So many of them have been technically lacking, and there has yet to be a Confederate one. I would also appreciate a surgeon at work and maybe a lieutenant directing traffic or taking notes (this is my rank & job, hence the wish).

Hi Sandor - great to hear from you again!
I too would like to do an ambulance...a Confederate one is a must...reference material is rare as hens teeth. But some interesting references out there.

Glad you like the range and thanks as always for the kind comments.

Be good,

Richard

Hi Richard

Who sells these sets in the UK?

All the best

Martyn:)

Thank you Chris. Glad you liked it!

The MED50011 Confederrate Hospital Accessory Set #1 is now sold out. Grab'em while you can from your local retailer. Thank you!

Richard, as mentioned I do like the set, very good detailing. One question though. Only WB and FL continue to make/release ACW figs. K&C does not. Wouldn't it be a better fit to have your figs compatible scale wise with them? Chris

Hi Sandor - great to hear from you again!
I too would like to do an ambulance...a Confederate one is a must...reference material is rare as hens teeth. But some interesting references out there.

Glad you like the range and thanks as always for the kind comments.

Be good,

Richard

It's always good to hear from one of the two men who got me into this hobby! Definitely check out the Army medical museum in San Antonio. They are great!

Richard, as mentioned I do like the set, very good detailing. One question though. Only WB and FL continue to make/release ACW figs. K&C does not. Wouldn't it be a better fit to have your figs compatible scale wise with them? Chris

Hi Chris - I thought this might inspire Andy to get back into ACW...!!! Sorry could not resist...

Seriously, they are a bit taller, but stand Richard Walker next to Ken Osen or Matt Pavone and you'll see the difference between Britains/FL and History Works in height...

All the best!

Richard

[Hi when is the table and accessories being released

thanks

Trevor

The accessory set is long gone. But I do have a handful of the figures left.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back