The Indian doctor gets to work

Attachments

• Aid Station 12.jpg
    Aid Station 12.jpg
    411.5 KB · Views: 163
  • Aid Station 11.jpg
    Aid Station 11.jpg
    583.9 KB · Views: 161
Very nicely displayed, Martyn ..... always a lot of action going on in your dioramas! :salute::

B.

Looks like the casualty being seen by the Doctor has a stomach wound. So not much chance for him back then !

Good Boer War scene Martyn ! :salute::

Steve

Looks like the casualty being seen by the Doctor has a stomach wound. So not much chance for him back then !

Good Boer War scene Martyn ! :salute::

Steve

Many thanks Steve :salute::

Stay safe

Martyn:)

Naval Brigade deliver a searchlight to a new blockhouse near the rail line

Attachments

• ABW  SEARCHLIGHT 2.jpg
    ABW SEARCHLIGHT 2.jpg
    280.8 KB · Views: 130
  • ABW  SEARCHLIGHT 1.jpg
    ABW SEARCHLIGHT 1.jpg
    327.5 KB · Views: 124
Excellent Martyn !:salute::

What with the then modern inventions of Machine Guns and Search Lights you're showing the Boer war to be a precursor to the First World War and then the Second with the constantly thrown accusations of the Concentration Camps and the British starving the internees. Overlooking the fact that more British Soldiers died of starvation than did Boer families due to the problems in part of transporting foodstuffs etc.

Steve

Many thanks Steve and Robin :salute::

Stay safe

Martyn
:)

Hi Martyn and fellow collectors,
My son wants to do a project at his school and wishes to write about the story and reasons that lead Trophy of Wales to become such a famous hallmark name in our miniature world, do you have any literarure that can be scanned of pasted onto a message that you could share ?
Any information woud be very much appreciated as I have none to help with.
Cheers
Luiz

Hi Martyn and fellow collectors,
My son wants to do a project at his school and wishes to write about the story and reasons that lead Trophy of Wales to become such a famous hallmark name in our miniature world, do you have any literarure that can be scanned of pasted onto a message that you could share ?
Any information woud be very much appreciated as I have none to help with.
Cheers
Luiz

Hi Luiz

I'll see what I can find

Stay safe

Another UK collector has given me this information :

He should contact Mike Norris at Little Legion who was a painter back in the day for trophy and might have some information or old catalogues etc that he might be able to scan and email to Luiz and his son.

Does that help???

John

September 1900 - Naval Brigade prepare observation balloon to watch Boer positions

Attachments

• ABW BALLOON   PREPARING FOR TAKE OFF SEPT 9TH 1900.jpg
    ABW BALLOON PREPARING FOR TAKE OFF SEPT 9TH 1900.jpg
    325.1 KB · Views: 161
  • ABW BALLOON 2a OCT 30TH 1899.jpg
    ABW BALLOON 2a OCT 30TH 1899.jpg
    202.7 KB · Views: 179
  • ABW BALLOON  n.jpg
    ABW BALLOON n.jpg
    217.9 KB · Views: 177
Good view from up there ! :salute:: :salute:: :salute::

Steve

Martyn...those are both such unusual sets from what I usually see on here...
a search light limber set and a hot air balloon...very cool...
looks like Little Legion tried things that nobody else dared...

Martyn,

I love the observation balloon crew! :salute:: I have a Heco Tinplate Models observation balloon and it is one of my favorites.

Martyn, who made that balloon?
Tom

Hi Tom

Unfortunately I don't have the manufacturers name, I found it on UK Ebay. Patrick, The British Toy Soldier Company, has made a couple of balloons and this picture can also be found on the March London Toy Soldier thread

Cheers

Attachments

• 21.JPG
    21.JPG
    284 KB · Views: 139
Those balloon sets are awesome! :salute:: I would definitely buy one of the WWI German ones!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back