Anglo Boer War 1899 - 1902 (1 Viewer)

Very nicely done Martyn. great photos to enjoy while sippin' the mornin' cuppa. :smile2:

B. :salute::

Very nicely done Martyn. great photos to enjoy while sippin' the mornin' cuppa. :smile2:

Many thanks Buster :salute::

There should be a few more non combat IA figures released around Xmas time {bravo}}

Cheers

Martyn:)

Martyn, as always I really enjoy your post and pics of your collection and especially this Boer War series.

But I just have to ask...where is Billy Boar? ^&confuse

Now I know what they mean when I read that the Boers just melted away into the veld. :tongue:

Chuck

Martyn, as always I really enjoy your post and pics of your collection and especially this Boer War series.

But I just have to ask...where is Billy Boar? ^&confuse

Now I know what they mean when I read that the Boers just melted away into the veld. :tongue:

Chuck

Good question Chuck ^&grin :salute::

A large "Commando" were last seen engaging the British Army over on the Trophy thread :wink2:

Cheers

Now that's more like it Martyn. ^&grin

I knew they were out there somewhere. LOL!

Are they all Trophy figures?

Cheers,
Chuck

Good question Chuck ^&grin :salute::

A large "Commando" were last seen engaging the British Army over on the Trophy thread :wink2:

Cheers

Now that's more like it Martyn. ^&grin

I knew they were out there somewhere. LOL!

Are they all Trophy figures?

Cheers,
Chuck

Thanks Chuck :salute:: yes they are all Trophy figures

Cheers

January 1900 - 10th Hussars patrol along the banks of the Modder River

Cheers

Martyn....your collection would look good on a dirty piece of cardboard....but the mats and backdrop really add to the presentation...very nice!

Martyn....your collection would look good on a dirty piece of cardboard....but the mats and backdrop really add to the presentation...very nice!

Many thanks Michael :salute::

The backdrop in the last picture came from our sorely missed friend Joe :salute::

Cheers

Martyn, the supplies and breastworks really a great detail to the dio. Enjoyed viewing very much. Thanks for posting. Chris

Martyn, the supplies and breastworks really a great detail to the dio. Enjoyed viewing very much. Thanks for posting. Chris

Thank you Chris glad you like the picture :salute::

Cheers

August 1900 - A Naval Brigade 4.7 gun being towed by a steam tractor stop to check their bearings....and have a brew

Steam tractor and 4.7 gun - Trophy of Wales

Cheers

August 1900 - A Naval Brigade 4.7 gun being towed by a steam tractor stop to check their bearings....and have a brew

Steam tractor and 4.7 gun - Trophy of Wales

Cheers

Martyn, the tractor is a great set, I always enjoy seeing.

Martyn, the tractor is a great set, I always enjoy seeing.

Many thanks Brian :salute::

All the LL figures fit in perfectly......I will have to have a word with Mike about a LL version :wink2:

Cheers

Martyn, your LL Boer War NB figures look great with the Trophy Tractor ..... I'll have start clearing off a shelf for LL BW figures if you're going to work on Mike to make a tractor, you might as well ask him for a 4.7 inch gun too while you have his attention. :wink2:^&grin

Martyn, your LL Boer War NB figures look great with the Trophy Tractor ..... I'll have start clearing off a shelf for LL BW figures if you're going to work on Mike to make a tractor, you might as well ask him for a 4.7 inch gun too while you have his attention. :wink2:^&grin

Many thanks Buster :salute::.....and have no fear I'll be speaking to Mike :wink2:

Cheers

August 1900 - The Naval Brigade crew of a 4.7 gun being towed by a steam tractor stop to check their bearings....and have a brew

Steam tractor - Trophy of Wales

Cheers

August 1900 - The Naval Brigade crew of a 4.7 gun being towed by a steam tractor stop to check their bearings....and have a brew

Cheers

Cheers

Some things are timeless in Armies. Even though this is a steam tractor - it reminded me vividly of some of our practices - when I was in a more modern Army. At one time, I had a job charging large 12Volt batteries - used for powering radio sets. These batteries required charging over every 12 hours or so - and then re-charging, once they became discharged. We used a Coventry Climax V8 engined, petrol driven generator for the job - which ran continuously for weeks at a time (until it required servicing and oil changes etc.). Rather like the Steam Tractor, this generated a lot of heat. The exhaust pipe and manifold was the ideal place to "brew up" on - usually in shallow flat dixies - or even mess tins. We would brew up at all hours - for tea, cocoa - or even for improvised showers and shaves. A shower was a 7lb Jam Tin - with a few holes punched in the base with a nail - and suspended from a convenient tree!!

These guys seem more interested in a hot cuppa, however.:salute:: Very nice M. :D jb

Some things are timeless in Armies. Even though this is a steam tractor - it reminded me vividly of some of our practices - when I was in a more modern Army. At one time, I had a job charging large 12Volt batteries - used for powering radio sets. These batteries required charging over every 12 hours or so - and then re-charging, once they became discharged. We used a Coventry Climax V8 engined, petrol driven generator for the job - which ran continuously for weeks at a time (until it required servicing and oil changes etc.). Rather like the Steam Tractor, this generated a lot of heat. The exhaust pipe and manifold was the ideal place to "brew up" on - usually in shallow flat dixies - or even mess tins. We would brew up at all hours - for tea, cocoa - or even for improvised showers and shaves. A shower was a 7lb Jam Tin - with a few holes punched in the base with a nail - and suspended from a convenient tree!!

These guys seem more interested in a hot cuppa, however.:salute:: Very nice M. :D jb

Many thanks for sharing that jb :salute:::salute:::salute::

Cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back