Announcing The ACW Joe and Mike's Way (3 Viewers)

This is great. What do you use for the explosions, cotton balls?

Yes in a word - pulled apart cotton balls adhered to a cut in half styrofoam ball and supportd by lengths of wire which are stuck in the styrofoam. The styrofoam is painted orange and the cotton is sprayed with varying layers of black paint - of course Joe works his computer majic on it to blend it altogether.
:) Mike

Mikecannonsfarm.jpg

Mikecannonssqueezed.jpg

Joe and Mike, you gentlemen have done a fantastic job with these photos, right up there with Reb and Kevin (Panda1gen) for telling a fantastic story with pictures!:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

I live for the day to have this amount of figures and props to set up a great photo shoot.

Just fantastic Mike and Joe !!!

You're up early this morning Joe. All the photos edits have been fabulous. I have certainly made a list of questions under the title, "How'd He Do Dat". This has certainly elevated my enthusiasm for this hobby to a whole new level, especaillay as it concerns photography and photo editing.

'Morning Mike!

I've actually been a little disappointed in the clarity of most of the raw photos I took, especially with the bigger camera, and have sort of over-edited quite a few of them trying to fix the problems. O well.

MikeZouaves2S.jpg

'Morning Mike!

I've actually been a little disappointed in the clarity of most of the raw photos I took, especially with the bigger camera, and have sort of over-edited quite a few of them trying to fix the problems. O well.

MikeZouaves2S.jpg

I have also noticed this in some of the photos, however I think there are some that are just fabulous. We have endless opportunities to do this again so I wouldn't fret too much. All things considering, the fun we had ssetting up the scenes, working together to take the raw photographs, and the good conversations we had, I think this experience has been fabulous.

I have also noticed this in some of the photos, however I think there are some that are just fabulous. We have endless opportunities to do this again so I wouldn't fret too much. All things considering, the fun we had ssetting up the scenes, working together to take the raw photographs, and the good conversations we had, I think this experience has been fabulous.

Agree Mike an looking forward to seeing what else is in store for us that we haven't seee yet as well as what's in store for us on your next get together which I have no doubt will be ASAP......The Lt.

I just saw these pics! Wow...you guys did a great job with them! I don't even know where to begin. The artillery fire is particularly impressive. Thanks for posting all these.

Another one of my favorites Joe. I really really like how you have added the back ground photo in your editing process to make the overall diorama just seem endless. I would really like you to tutor me on how to do this. Again, for those reading this, My diorama table ends about 3 inches on the other side of the road and spit rail fence. This technique is just amazing to me.

Mike, next time I'll bring my wife's laptop and we'll go from start to finish on some of the pictures. There are so many of these that would never have seen the light of day because they would have been retaken with a whole lot more figures added to fill the horizontal spaces. Usually it takes three trips to the computer and back to the set-up to get large dioramas right. I was so into playing last Wednesday that I wasn't as concerned about the end photo-product as I usually would have been. Next time....

Mikethundersky.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back