Answers & Replies (1 Viewer)

Nothing like a mention of Civil War figures to touch off a ACW North/South debate; almost 145 years after the last shot was fired, yet the war still rages on.

Speaking as a dealer, my three biggest K & C sellers are WWII Germans, ACW Confederates and Napoleonic French.

Now here's a question for all of you history buffs; what do all three of these armies have in common?

As a manufacturer, your job is to make what the customers want, so if they want Confederates, then make them.

There are plenty of famous Northern units; The Iron Brigade, The Irish Brigade, the 54th Massachusetts, 114th Pennsylvannia, 14th Brooklyn, 146th New York, etc, etc.

Give the man time, he'll get around to the Northern units too.

Ok, let the fighting continue, you guys slay me, you really do.

One of you in particular who I've got on ignore (thank you God for that wonderful feature)...........
Do you mean beyond the obvious fact that they all lost? -- Al

Speaking as a dealer, my three biggest K & C sellers are WWII Germans, ACW Confederates and Napoleonic French.

Now here's a question for all of you history buffs; what do all three of these armies have in common?

Sexier uniforms, charismatic leaders, came on the world scene with a splash-got the establishment all rattled up, unstoppable underdogs, enduring mythology, overwhelmed by numbers/attrition, dramatic defeats (Waterloo, Gettysbug, Stalingrad), great tacticians, poor strategists, elite troops (Guard, Cavalry, W-SS)

Sexier uniforms, charismatic leaders, came on the world scene with a splash-got the establishment all rattled up, unstoppable underdogs, enduring mythology, overwhelmed by numbers/attrition, dramatic defeats (Waterloo, Gettysbug, Stalingrad), great tacticians, poor strategists, elite troops (Guard, Cavalry, W-SS)

Yes, yes, yes....but apart from that, what did the Romans ever do for us....;)

I'll go with Lancers answer.

And leave it at that.

I'm curious about Andy's comment that Confederates outsell Union 3 to 1 considering that there have been 4 times as many Conferate releases. Does he mean total Confederate sales vs total Union sales or average sales per figure.

Anyway, even though I prefer to collect Union figures, I say you need a fairly even supply of both sides. Even my wife, looking at my CW dio, said I need more blue guys.

By the way Brad, I appreciate your comments.

Yes, we need Grant, but I'm more looking forward to Sherman & Burnsides. And if we get a Chamberlain, I'd love for him to be mounted in a manner similar to Troiani's 'The Last Salute'.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ron,

As a "Cornhusker" I can't support the "Seminoles", sorry.

Gary

I'll go with Lancers answer.

And leave it at that.

Guess it's the "L" factor.

Btw, I do like the recent Reb issues, especially the Lee bed scene and tent but not to have a few Yanks is odd.

Good points by Blowtorch, except I'm not sure I would say the Confederates had better uniforms, even before they were in rags.

Good points by Blowtorch, except I'm not sure I would say the Confederates had better uniforms, even before they were in rags.

Officers though...no two had the same uniform. They were always having the tailor tweak them to get the better look.

6. Why No Union?
Confederates outsell Union by about 3 to 1… However you will see more Union in 2010 don’t worry.

The best uniforms I've ever seen on Union dudes is the early Fredricksburg look. The long blue/grey coats with kepi. Add Irish Bde clover for flavor. Winter seems to do well in WW2..maybe this would too.

No, no - Andy! Words about the Crusader line, please! When will we see the next ones?

I was expecting too, because You showed some sneak peaks about the Crusader tent, maybe it was just for the London show????:rolleyes::(

The best uniforms I've ever seen on Union dudes is the early Fredricksburg look. The long blue/grey coats with kepi. Add Irish Bde clover for flavor. Winter seems to do well in WW2..maybe this would too.

My favorite by far of all the best Union uniforms were those of the Iron Brigade, complete with leggings, frock coats and the regular army dress black hat, "the black hat brigade."

Also liked the 14th Brooklyn (84th NY) French Chasseur uniform as well as the 114th PA Zouave uniform..............

My favorite by far of all the best Union uniforms were those of the Iron Brigade, complete with leggings, frock coats and the regular army dress black hat, "the black hat brigade."

would you happen to have a pic?

All this talk about uniforms makes me think of the French officer in The Patriot..."if I'm going to die, I want to be well dressed"

This is exactly what I was thinking, maybe the Fighting Tigers from Louisiana, but other than that it was mainly a motley crew, especially after 1863...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back