Any news on Conte? (1 Viewer)

Hope not but I think we have seen the last of Conte sets, it has just been too long since any new sets............

Still ranked 4th on the list a few places above First Legion.....Conte is holding strong {eek3}

I think its the order in which the maker's categories are listed on the Forum. Conte is 4th in line and First Legion is 6th.

I think its the order in which the maker's categories are listed on the Forum. Conte is 4th in line and First Legion is 6th.

hahaha...

okay...I get it...#4 then...I was wondering what Conte rated 4th in...

excluding K&C...it's basically in alphabetical order...

Just a bit of fun Mike :smile2:......had you thinking on that one!
Alphabetical order did not cross my mind..Obvious now :redface2:........Maybe some of the harder working makers should be moved up?

Just a bit of fun Mike :smile2:......had you thinking on that one!
Alphabetical order did not cross my mind..Obvious now :redface2:........Maybe some of the harder working makers should be moved up?

Rename the company Vahalla Awaits. Then alphabetically it will rank last.

Unfortunately most of the messages on this forum regarding Conte are "when is Conte coming out with something new?" or "who has heard from Conte?" or "can you help me find a Conte XXXXX?". Conte has ceased being a topic of serious discussion except for remeniscing.

Gary B.

Unfortunately most of the messages on this forum regarding Conte are "when is Conte coming out with something new?" or "who has heard from Conte?" or "can you help me find a Conte XXXXX?". Conte has ceased being a topic of serious discussion except for remeniscing.

Gary B.

sadly true...

I'm stubborn...but even I have given up on waiting for any more Winter Games...

can't imagine how the older series and plastic collectors feel...

they have been waiting for something new to buy much, much, much longer than me...

I hope its a sign that things are looking up. My Conte Zulu are one of my favourite displays (thanks Charlie Brown :)) and if more sets come along that would be great. I do prefer then to WB (not a criticism, just personal choice) but had resigned myself to it being the end of the line. Maybe there is some light at the end of the tunnel but not too soon as I'm looking to spend my Christmas overtime on Pike n Musket...

I wouldn't hold my breath guys. What a waste of talent and imagination.Just think of the figures we could have if he had the work ethic of say John Jenkins or Andy.
Mark

Some people just never give up on Conte. I would suspect if we read an obituary on the passing of Conte some people would still hold out hope that there would be a second easter and Conte would reappear with more promises of things to come. Notice I said promises!
Gary

I wouldn't hold my breath guys. What a waste of talent and imagination.Just think of the figures we could have if he had the work ethic of say John Jenkins or Andy.
Mark

It really is a shame when you think about it; the part I feel badly about is there still are a lot of Conte fans out there holding out hope that new sets will be along at some point.

The fact that he hasn't been to Chicago or Hackensack in ages should tell you all you need to know, OTSN is the biggest US Show and Hackensack is the biggest East Coast show, he used to attend both.

Maybe things will change.

Whenever I think of Conte, I think of the Lt and that makes me sad.........:(

BIG TIME...

me too!

I miss his phone calls...

"Hey kiddo"...^&grin

Our local show here in MA just isn't the same without him.

My Dad got to meet him as Nick took him to the Hackensack show several years ago, we all had breakfast together before the show, he and my Dad talked about a lot of things, my Dad was sorry when he heard that Joe had passed away...............

BIG TIME...

me too!

I miss his phone calls...

"Hey kiddo"...^&grin

Was thinking of Joe the day after Christmas, I believe that was the one year anniversary of his passing, the forum and hobby itself just doesn't seem the same without him.

B.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back