Any news on Conte? (2 Viewers)

Richard still shares protoypes with me occassionaly...he has always asked me to keep them private and not post them...so I don't...but he is still having new sculpts produced and painted...

and they are very good...

but I have no idea if he plans to release anything in the near future...

I know he liked the series "Vikings" a lot...and produced some outstanding figures that he has allowed me to sneak peek...but again...he has made no mention of anything forthcoming...

I do collect his "Winter Games"...and hoped he was going to follow up on it...but so far...no news on any production...

I expect a busy year from RC in metal this year. Sculptor Robert Ortiz has kept busy through the last few "dead' years. I have seen many new sculpts including a number of paint masters ready to go to the factory. The Lt was in much closer contact to Richard than I was over the last year before Joe passed. If he was the source for the plastic rumor, then I'm sure it came from a conversation with Richard. However, I have not seen any new World War 2 sculpts and Richard has never done his own vehicles for his playsets.
I've been wrong before about timing with Conte, but I am quite sure many have thrown dirt on Conteco's grave too soon.

Joe

Are we talking about JB? When did this happen?

I have had a few discussions with Richard on Facebook and mentioned the BOSS sets, and he mentioned just the other day he was looking at the designs and told me to keep an eye out on the website, not sure what that means but it would be a great re- release for us WWII collectors...Sammy

Richard still shares protoypes with me occassionaly...he has always asked me to keep them private and not post them...so I don't...but he is still having new sculpts produced and painted...

and they are very good...

but I have no idea if he plans to release anything in the near future...

I know he liked the series "Vikings" a lot...and produced some outstanding figures that he has allowed me to sneak peek...but again...he has made no mention of anything forthcoming...

I do collect his "Winter Games"...and hoped he was going to follow up on it...but so far...no news on any production...

I would have liked to have seen the Viking attack on the Saxon church playset released. The pics Conte posted of the church years ago looked great, as did the Vikings and scaling ladders. Also the castle he displayed at Chicago 5 or 6 years ago looked great too. I wonder whatever happened to these things.

Joe

I have had a few discussions with Richard on Facebook and mentioned the BOSS sets, and he mentioned just the other day he was looking at the designs and told me to keep an eye out on the website, not sure what that means but it would be a great re- release for us WWII collectors...Sammy

It would be great to see the BOSS sets re-done - metal or plastic. I passed on them when they first came out and suddenly they were GONE. I really want the figure with the SCR300 back pack radio - I might buy a set just to get him.

Gary B.

RC had a cool looking pirate ship on his site at one time but I guess it wasn't feasible economically and shipping wise.
Mark

I have bought "tons" of Conte products over the years and enjoyed their quality and creativity.
Sorry to say that I have written them off due to their horrible communication and lack of new products.
I put my dollars into responsive and dedicated makers such as WB, JJD, K&C and FL.
No time or inclination to deal with a maker who takes his customers for granted or just doesn't care at all.
You are either in the game or out.....have the guts and courtesy to let us know the truth!

A few months back he asked me to ship him one of the sets of single color BOSS figures I had from way back when he anticipated doing a Bloody Omaha 3 playset. He was talking about sending them to the factory...

I see the site as been updated with 6 new sets from the Zulu war and restocking of all the old sets , and New sculpts of Vikings and Normans , looks like something could be really happening at last

Kev

Yes, the site is being renovated apparently? So you'd think something might come of it. I can't remember if I've said it below but I think that a 'safe' option for Conte to re-enter the hobby would be Vikings. He's done them very well before and I can't see why he wouldn't even use some of the old sculpts to flesh a new range out. It's just that no one else is doing them right now and there is a buzz around them following the success of the TV series.

In chatting about this the other day though, it was thought a few enemies released at the same time would be a good idea. I'm not sure how the monastry raid range went but with the right accessories it should appeal as something different.

The AZW sets look really good and you cannot have too many such sets

Conte does need to do some enemies of the vikings.I haven't heard too much about viking battles against the Normans but I think there were only a couple of minor viking raids into England after The Norman Conquest.I don't know if they fought each other in France.
Mark

Ragnar.jpg

Here is a new kit put out by Scale75

Conte does need to do some enemies of the vikings.I haven't heard too much about viking battles against the Normans but I think there were only a couple of minor viking raids into England after The Norman Conquest.I don't know if they fought each other in France.
Mark

Normandy was born out of an allegiance between Viking settlers and the French.

I dream but I doubt it. I suspect plastic will be far too expensive to do in the previously extensive Conte way. I think the future for him is a far more modest one - if he can deal with that. That leaves metal, unless he can do plastic like TSSD and have a handfull of eight figure sets a year.

As for someone for the Vikings to fight against, Saxons would probably sell well enough. Otherwise the more notable raids began to hit France, with Paris being famously besieged at one point. Not sure if this would appeal as much? I think better for Conte to stick with the surest of options, as he does have to win a lot of people back. On that, The Vikings features a lot of Viking vs Viking action. I'd love another crack at a Long ship too......

Users who are viewing this thread

Back