Are you a King & Country purist? (1 Viewer)

Are you a King & Country purist?

• Yes

Votes: 39 26.2%
  • No

Votes: 110 73.8%

• Total voters
No, no longer Figarti. Honour,Patriot and Collectors are starting to make inroads,plus the fact that my collecton now fills five large display cabinets .My choices have become more selective...ern..

If your running out of room Ern,theres always ebay,im watching......:)

With such a large variety of fine soldiers, I find it impossible to collect just one manufacturer. I have some 18 makers in my collection. Why cheat yourself? -- lancer

While I have a lot of K&C's, I just go with the best sculpted Napoleonic figurines I can find on the market that I see as a good addition to my collection. I like diversity. While K&C has a very nice Napoleonic range, other makers nicely complement K&C and vice versa. :) I have figurines from Métal Modèles & Le Cimier from France, Art I.G. from Latvia, some made in Russia figurines, from Patriot Models, Britains and soon from CS...It's great to have choice and quality from many makers.;)

King & Country has the best matte figures

KC is the #1 in my book

I have lots of Durbar Marlborough & Beau Geste

Love my Durbar Ordered Britain new matte Durbar

KC missing the boat not having Durbar

Big mistake

Have AK & 8th army main collection

and Napoleonic Brits

Wake up KC with Durbar

I started out with Dime Store lead figures in 1941 before Pearl Harbor & I still have a few of these. Got into model railroading ( UK & French RR‘s )after retiring from the US Navy in March of 1976. Started back with William Britain’s toy soldiers on trip to England in 1987. Went there to visit a friend that models US RR’s & collects TS.

We ziged zaged the UK from the south coast to Kent going to every hobby shop we could find, some so small they were not list in a phone book. Word of mouth was the only way to find them. This took us almost 3 months, we stayed Inns no Tourist ever saw or ever will. Some of the shop owners fed and gave us a place to sleep for the night I cannot say enough about how nice the people were to us.:)

My collection (mostly WWII some WWI )now is about 85% King & Country, 10% Britain’s & 5% Other some I don’t know who made them, but I like them.:)

To be honest, I cannot say I collect K&C with just 2 personality figures in my humble collection.

I confess I have been spending quite a bit of time on the K&C threads in the forum and I am very impressed.

My thanks to all the K&C collectors who have been posting some fantastic pictures of their sets and dioramas.

Perhaps before long, I shall find myself walking down a new road.

Thanks to all, Raymond.:)

<>

Well I guess most of my collection would be K&C World War II. But I have lots of other's from Britains, John Jenkins, so not really a king and country purist.

While I have a lot of K&C's, I just go with the best sculpted Napoleonic figurines I can find on the market that I see as a good addition to my collection. I like diversity. While K&C has a very nice Napoleonic range, other makers nicely complement K&C and vice versa. :) I have figurines from Métal Modèles & Le Cimier from France, Art I.G. from Latvia, some made in Russia figurines, from Patriot Models, Britains and soon from CS...It's great to have choice and quality from many makers.;)
I agree. If you are really interested in the best sculpted Napoleonic figures, especially for the price, you might take a look at this tread, and its brethern.
http://www.treefrogtreasures.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15967&page=2

With such a large variety of fine soldiers, I find it impossible to collect just one manufacturer. I have some 18 makers in my collection. Why cheat yourself? -- lancer
Did a count and KC comprises about 17% of my figures but 50% of my vehicles. -- lancer

I have one set of Old Northwest, other than that my collection is 100% K & C.

Most of my collection is K&C ( about 90% ). I guess that means I'm not a purist. I have a smattering of FOV, Honour Bound and Figarti vehicles. Most of the pieces I get however are to complement my K&C core, not to replace it. Unless you go connoisseur I don't think anybody makes much better figures than K&C and their vehicles can rarely be beat.

Yes I am........99% K&C.........I can't afford all this.....I really like to trade for foam buildings for product as it is very expensive......I also like the fact that they seem to hold value and I don't see them discounted often, except on eBay....
Regards,
Canucks:D:)

I`ve about 80% king and country and about 20% of my collection is Patriot figures , All are Napoleonics.:):):):):)

I only collect K&C, three ranges and I don't feel that I have limited myself to choice or have removed any body parts, because it's what I want to collect at this time. I have collected and painted all sorts of figures over the years, but at the moment it's K&C.

Jeff

Since posting the above, infact during the last 3 months I have started collecting the Zulu War figures from Britains. So only 75% of the ranges I collect are now K&C.

Jeff

Now that you mention it, it is interesting to update your posts since this thread goes back well over a year. Fourteen months ago I had mostly Conte Spartan / Persians with a few K&C Napoleonics. Now Napoleonics are the larger part of my collection with the addition of a fair sample of Conte Romans / Barbarians and Britains AZW. Of the Napoleonics about 90 percent are First Legion, 7 percent Britains and 3 percent K&C and CS. Fascinating what changes can occur in a year.

Now that you mention it, it is interesting to update your posts since this thread goes back well over a year. Fourteen months ago I had mostly Conte Spartan / Persians with a few K&C Napoleonics. Now Napoleonics are the larger part of my collection with the addition of a fair sample of Conte Romans / Barbarians and Britains AZW. Of the Napoleonics about 90 percent are First Legion, 7 percent Britains and 3 percent K&C and CS. Fascinating what changes can occur in a year.

I was wondering when we would get to the age of this thread :rolleyes:

As of late I have focussed on the Crusader line.

One year ago my collection was mainly Little Legion AZW and K&C tanks, since that time I have I have met Figarti, Trophy and K&C Iwo Jima range.

K&C is about 15% of my collection, Trophy about 10%, Figarti 5% and Little Legion 70%.

I wonder what my collecting habits will be one year from now.

Hi Guys,

In answer to the above question… “No I am not… and I make the bloody stuff!”

In explanation… I love virtually all toy soldiers and I have many, many other excellent brands in my own personal collection. Among them are Britains… Tradition… John Jenkins… Tommy Atkins… and quite a few others too numerous to mention.

Love what you love… collect what you like… and enjoy it all!
Andy C.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back