Knew you would bring your Jerries into the squabble mate. {sm4}

Tom

Yep leave them alone,
Where are your pics mate (Repaints) ?
P.S. send me a email formatted PC haven't got it...........:salute::

Yep leave them alone,
Where are your pics mate (Repaints) ?
P.S. send me a email formatted PC haven't got it...........:salute::

Yeah mate, i'll get them up soon, been a bit slack lately!

Email on the way shortly.

Tom

I don't care which way or not and why K&C are doing a "P" range they can do what they want but if there is a shortage of painters and there getting payed more now days why would you make a product that requires more painting hence more money to paint and longer to do ??
If the market is so tight why bring out a "PREMIUM" range i thought finding a way to keep prices down would be the way to go.................^&confuse
This is more a question than a statement because as far as im concerned K&C can and others can do what they like the sales will soon tell us all if its a great idea or not.
All i care about is a GREY German is a GREY German no "P" Potentiol there..................^&grin

This thread and others getting a bit repetitive so I will just PM you.

I don't care which way or not and why K&C are doing a "P" range they can do what they want but if there is a shortage of painters and there getting payed more now days why would you make a product that requires more painting hence more money to paint and longer to do ??
If the market is so tight why bring out a "PREMIUM" range i thought finding a way to keep prices down would be the way to go.................^&confuse
This is more a question than a statement because as far as im concerned K&C can and others can do what they like the sales will soon tell us all if its a great idea or not.
All i care about is a GREY German is a GREY German no "P" Potentiol there..................^&grin

Interesting perspective on the issue which begs some questions. Under Wayne's observation, the (P) strategy would appear to fly in the face of the wind ^&grin (and in the face of rational economics)

Terry

I'd love to hear you response to Wayne's question. Please share with the forum.

Regarding the question above I hope its author wont mind if I continue to ignore him.

As regards others who might be interested in my PM to Wayne it is summed up as "when I see P I take it as China costs which Andy is passing on. Simple as that". If anybody needs further information on my thoughts on the Arnhem subject they can be found in some of the multiple threads on the subject. None of my thoughts would be a surprise to anybody who has been following the threads.

The best post from all the discussions on this subject by a mile
Mitch

Wayne,

Thanks very much for posting these pics . The more I see the pics the more I like what I see and as the weeks have gone by I now really want them in my Arnhem collection. The difference in quality is clear in my view and I'll be picking these up starting in September. ^&cool

We all have to make our own collecting decisions and I've now decided to concentrate on RAF/D Day/Arnhem and stop collecting or sell North Africa/Bulge. Also I'm no longer a completest who has to have everything, I buy what I like these days and pick and choose. These look terrific to me and so I'm in .

Thanks again Wayne, these pics are really helping my decision mate.

Rob

Wayne,

We all have to make our own collecting decisions and I've now decided to concentrate on RAF/D Day/Arnhem and stop collecting or sell North Africa/Bulge.

Rob

Its a shame that we collectors have to make these kind of difficult decisions within our collecting habit. I too have cut back on collecting a bit here and a bit there from a wide variety of lines, have sold off or ignored completely lines as you indicated and have certainly stopped being a completest in anything. :(

The price has gone up dramatically.
This has been explained as due to a step up in quality.
This step up in quality has not been perceived by all so is very subjective.
We are now told that the increase is because of cost increases in China.
This may be but then simply say that and be done.
Not sure why this has to be painted as a new Premier range when most of us simply cannot see it.

Its a shame that we collectors have to make these kind of difficult decisions within our collecting habit. I too have cut back on collecting a bit here and a bit there from a wide variety of lines, have sold off or ignored completely lines as you indicated and have certainly stopped being a completest in anything. :(

It is a shame mate of course, but to be honest it was always difficult (for me anyway) to be a completest even in the early days of my collecting. K&C have always produced such a wide range of excellent releases that I was never going to keep up! Since it was first released the RAF range has become my favourite range with D Day/Arnhem vying for second. I will now focus on these subjects and having built up a substantial collection including all the iconic/famous AFV's I can be a bit more relaxed about what I need etc.

Rob

Same boat Rob the SS have gone now i just collect Grey and Luftwaffe and only Bulge that take my fancy all non-action poses can't afford any more unfortunately but that's life................:(

Same boat Rob the SS have gone now i just collect Grey and Luftwaffe and only Bulge that take my fancy all non-action poses can't afford any more unfortunately but that's life................:(

At least you do have a terrific collection of Grey and Luftwaffe which you can be very proud of mate^&cool:salute:: I reckon if Goering had had all your Luft aircraft the B.O.B may have been even closer:wink2:

I enjoyed collecting North Afrika (both sides) but as it was one of my smaller collections it went first, oh well that's life as you say mate. And at the end of the day its only collecting:smile2:

Cheers Wayne
Rob

At least you do have a terrific collection of Grey and Luftwaffe which you can be very proud of mate^&cool:salute:: I reckon if Goering had had all your Luft aircraft the B.O.B may have been even closer:wink2:

I enjoyed collecting North Afrika (both sides) but as it was one of my smaller collections it went first, oh well that's life as you say mate. And at the end of the day its only collecting:smile2:

Cheers Wayne
Rob

Mate you know where to send that figure........................:wink2:

The brochure says 14 new figures, I been counting every way, up down sideways and I can find 13 only. One has gone AWOL before we have even seen him.{sm4}, Robin.

Maybe we get a free Frost if we buy all 13. Wishful thinking?

Actually I have not commented this, but I had wished they had not use these new boxes. Yes, it is nice and it like one of the competition ( who probably needs it more due to photo etch swords and spears ). However, it so much harder to store and that little bit more space that these take up is quite a pain. They could have offered standard boxes and take $3 off the price and I am still happy. :)

Rgds,Chris

I actually like the new boxes. They seem sturdier than the older ones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back